• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And dismissing anything that may suggest Platinum shares some of the blame too because it doesn't fit your narrative. Including a post by the ex-Creative Producer of Platinum Games during Scalebound's development.

It's amazing how you can't see how stupid you look.
FFS how many boots do you have to lick to think "Microsoft mishandled Scalebound" is this deep conspiracy theory? At the end of the day, it was the publisher's decision to cancel the project. Simple as that. Believe whatever you want but my initial point is that there still might be some resentment between the two.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFS how many boots do you have to lick to think "Microsoft mishandled Scalebound" is this deep conspiracy theory? At the end of the day, it was the publisher's decision to cancel the project. Simple as that. Believe whatever you want but my initial point is that there still might be some resentment between the two.
Stop. We've moved on. It's best you no longer speak on this subject.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Maybe they didn't wanna go through the certification process for 2 consoles and PC? Enough time would be spent going through certification for Switch, PS4 and PC. Perhaps they felt the effort would be well spent since those platforms have a bigger install base? Especially with wanting to release by May.

*shrugs* beats me...

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
What about Transformers or TMNT? Didn't they develop those for XB1?
Shhh

Shhh

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, sucks to hear, I was a bit hesitant when it was clearly not a goal but it is what it is.

Platinum literally just released a back to back on Xbox a week ago, so this is a bit of a shock, it doesn't sound entirely unreasonable that they might not be able to pull it off in house and not having the money to do that at the moment. They're trying to invigorate their studio at the moment so I can understand not pushing resources where they don't think they should.

Hopefully MS can hop in and help find someone to help with a port later, better later than never.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Amazing.

iSO05PM.jpg

I'm still laughing at this a good 30 mins later.

synaesthesiaJP

Verified
Feb 20, 2018

Inevitably, every six months I need to come post here to shut down some blowhard who insists they know why Scalebound was cancelled.

I know exactly why the game was cancelled, in excruciating detail. You have no idea what you are talking about. Every public comment I've seen made about the cancellation, either by MS, or my former employers, has been people telling the truth. If you'd like to make some meta-commentary on MS's strategy regarding the Xbox, go right ahead, but Scalebound should not be your data point. If you'd like to imply that some unknown, unfounded resentment is why W101 isn't being ported, go right ahead, but you are simply making things up.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Xbox One engine? What's this guy talking about? He could have just easily said, there wasn't enough interest.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inevitably, every six months I need to come post here to shut down some blowhard who insists they know why Scalebound was cancelled.

I know exactly why the game was cancelled, in excruciating detail. You have no idea what you are talking about. Every public comment I've seen made about the cancellation, either by MS, or my former employers, has been people telling the truth. If you'd like to make some meta-commentary on MS's strategy regarding the Xbox, go right ahead, but Scalebound should not be your data point. If you'd like to imply that some unknown, unfounded resentment is why W101 isn't being ported, go right ahead, but you are simply making things up.
@Spyder_Monkey "This is all PR". LOL

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know who you are!

But I believe you. Does that make everyone feel better?

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
they know the xbox userbase as a whole just isnt interested in these types of games, thats all there is to it

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who you are!

But I believe you. Does that make everyone feel better?
The Ex-Creative Producer at Platinum Games during Scalebound's development.

JP Kellams (@synaesthesiajp) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from JP Kellams (@synaesthesiajp). Producer @EAMaddenNFL. #SuperstarKO and new stuff. Ex-Creative Producer @platinumgames. Lover of bikes, beer, and donuts. Tweets != Official EA statement. Orlando, FL

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the Digital Foundry folks saying that what they've heard from devs is that the Xbox One developer tools are nowhere near as good as the PS4's. That might be what they're referring to.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ex-Creative Producer at Platinum Games during Scalebound's development.

JP Kellams (@synaesthesiajp) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from JP Kellams (@synaesthesiajp). Producer @EAMaddenNFL. #SuperstarKO and new stuff. Ex-Creative Producer @platinumgames. Lover of bikes, beer, and donuts. Tweets != Official EA statement. Orlando, FL
I'm really sorry he's a person I respect and I felt really bad for him when the game was cancelled.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really sorry he's a person I respect and I felt really bad for him when the game was cancelled.
You should be really sorry at your posts in this thread and lack of respect you showed him and other Platinum member's quotes because it conflicts with your narrative that it's all Xbox's fault and they deserve all the blame.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
That's a real bummer. I probably won't end up getting the Switch version. Doesn't feel right playing Bayo on a handheld for me, this won't be any different.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Allot of assumptions get made of the Xbox fan base when it comes to Japan developed games. I think availability is the major problem. For example the Kingdom Hearts collection is coming out now for Xbox fans. I waited and waited hoping square would put it on the system before 3 came out but now a year after 3 it's available and I just don't care now. Would there be cost savings by just releasing games digitally on Xbox while keeping physical for Switch and PS4? I feel like until games are actually available when they launch the Xbox will never gain ground.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how much you know about the Japanese language (I'm an expert) but this is a pretty common mistranslation of the phrase "we didn't think it was worth it".

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Switch owners reading another seemingly nonsensical excuse from a developer...

HotAlarmingDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

...then realising it's not the Switch being excluded for once..

tenor.gif

synaesthesiaJP

Verified
Feb 20, 2018
If someone banned Spyder_Monkey on account of this thread, I'd lobby for the unban. He reached out and said he was sorry to me (and hopefully others), and if this thread itself didn't teach a lesson, I'm not sure a ban sends any sort of different message.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
they know the xbox userbase as a whole just isnt interested in these types of games, thats all there is to it

Xbox user base rarely gets to pass judgement on these types of games because they don't get released on the platform due to presumptive reasoning like this

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If someone banned Spyder_Monkey on account of this thread, I'd lobby for the unban. He reached out and said he was sorry to me (and hopefully others), and if this thread itself didn't teach a lesson, I'm not sure a ban sends any sort of different message.
User Banned (2 weeks): hostility over a series of posts, history of infractions
Sure, Jan.

If you know the truth, please enlighten us. I'm just making an educated guess based on how Microsoft mishandled early Xbox One.