• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One has a history of systemic racism, slavery, and cultural genocide. The other does not.
I was being sarcastic.
"Another day on the_donald."
Phd9ZuW.gif

Nid4Z3K.gif

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously y'all. The "sorry for being white" shit is a leftist strawmen straight out of the alt-right playbook. They're just doing some shitty trolling. Don't fall for it.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Why do we always need to do this? Creating false equivalencies where none exist.

Black people don't infiltrate white-people-anything en masse in an attempt to denigrate them like white people do with BlackPeopleTwitter.
No doubt,but you are missing the point. Once there is a precedent that a subreddit can explicitly do this it becomes harder to police and prevent a whites only group from forming using this practice as justification. Do you just think Reddit will prevent that? Companies like them favor "Fairness" over everything but profitability. Having a firm rule against this just makes things easier. Reddit has a shitty track record with policing racism as is.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
One of those trolley supermods is u/wsgy111. Check the ones he mods.

That's, uh, quite a collection.

r/BlackPeopleTwitter
r/BikiniBottomTwitter
r/4chan
r/PartyParrot
r/classic4chan
r/Tendies
r/killthosewhodisagree
r/nonose
r/4ChanMeta
r/bestoftwitter
r/ayylmao
r/Netherlands
r/AmazingTechnology
r/4chanExploitables
r/BannedFrom4chan
r/shitposting
r/PalletTownTwitter
r/wsgy
r/AnimalsStuckInThings
r/r4chanMeta
r/downvotesreally
r/dustypcs
r/birdswithhumanpenisesNSFW
r/Gondola
r/flavortown
r/BlackPeopleVines
r/flags_irl
r/BridesmaidsButtsNSFW
r/JustStemThings
r/terribledomainnames
r/ancient4chan
r/MemesOfAnime
r/ShittyHub
r/HotwivesNSFW
r/ShittyGetMotivated
r/bepis
r/Kelloggs
r/bottomlulz
r/911memes
r/bptcirclejerk
r/Chauncii
r/fat
r/BlackPigeonTwitter
r/walruse
r/BPTmeta
r/Selfie_Olympics
r/WhitePeopleYelp
r/GasTheSnooNSFW
r/SexySlutFeministsNSFW
r/name_of_subreddit
r/newspaperdicks
r/tunejerk
r/4chanCopypasta
r/fatsteeplehate
r/tfw
r/wewLad
r/Memes_R_Us
r/pxifrm
r/shit4chansays
r/hoes
r/antiislam
r/whites
r/GirlsOnTubsNSFW
r/TayTayGifs
r/stevenpinker
r/JewishPeopleTwitter
r/Incelst
r/sexyfedorasNSFW
r/muslimpeoplehate
r/depression_irl
r/50ShadesOfCrayNSFW
r/ShittyNetwork
r/BirdsShitting
r/banfrombanfrom4chan
r/Dank_Skeletons
r/urmom
r/ASS_KRACKERS
r/Polanball2
r/AsALiberal
r/fatwsgyhate
r/WhitePeopleInAsia
r/garybusey
r/MSPenises
r/BritishVegetables
r/StormfrontOrDukes
r/FunWithAdmins
r/FatCocksNSFW
r/thanmrskeltal
r/StopWhitePeople
r/Classic8Chan
r/FibbleDeFlooke
r/FuckingNormies
r/politeness
r/Repression
r/UUUU
r/CespursDatingTips
r/KingdomOfMemes
r/OurModsDesireMaleBods
r/brucewilliss
r/copypasteclub
r/BeatingNormiesNSFW
r/4channel
r/cupcakeForCEO
r/foryou
r/1Cu14Cu
r/4chanPolandball
r/memejerk
r/shitkrustysays
r/GamerGateCopypasta
r/PastaForce
r/CreepingOnBernie
r/MemeGarden
r/slaprock
r/ArtisanMemesInc
r/BannedFrom8chan
r/frwdsfromgrandmasGW
r/SubredditmonTrading
r/ishygddt
r/liljon
r/BPTRadio
r/DragonBallZTwitter
r/Shitcunts
r/ThereSheBlows
r/DiamoAndFriends
r/TheBaneout
r/I_Enjoy_Pizza
r/NetherlandsRebooted
r/something_
r/TeamCaden
r/Whitepeoplecrazy
r/ILoveMemes
r/round
r/bravecoin
r/GrabbingPussy
r/monthlies
r/turtledick
r/beatingwsgy
r/birdsareimportant
r/SAVEPOG
r/ShitRountreeSays
r/wholesomebbt
r/watchgarydie
r/WorstOf4Chan
r/8chanCopypasta
r/banfrombanfrom8chan
r/braverycards
r/CandidOpinions
r/justbravethings
r/wsgycirclejerk
r/YouTubeQuotes
r/8chanExploitables
r/cupcake1713erotica
r/TheMomoChallenge
r/DieWhitey
r/MicroBenisXDDD
r/myfinalform
r/dogvines
r/EssFourEss

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the main giveaway was naming a place "black people twitter" it was obvious who the target audience is.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
One of those trolley supermods is u/wsgy111. Check the ones he mods.
I don't think that guy even does anything there, the other mods can't kick him because he made the sub. I'm familiar with a couple of mods on that team and I would def not apply the alt-right label to them which makes me hesitant to think that would be their aim, but maybe I've been bamboozled.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
That shit is probably 95% white people.

One of the most tone deaf, racist LiberalsI i know LOVES r/BlackpeopleTwitter . Her and her white home girls always got the Black reaction gifs on deck.
Cringe isnt a word I use often but having seen these types of people so many times, I cant think of a better word.

Stupid also comes to mind

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's a decent amount of people in here saying they are for it so...🤔
No they aren't? Unless you're having a bit of trouble reading or I missed some posts, cause zero posters agree with the methods here. Since it's obviously very alt-right anyway lol.

People here are saying that it'd be great if actual black people populated that subreddit since it's literally just a bunch of white kids saying the n word or pretending to be black complete with 'my fellow blacks' type of shit. Or if dumbasses stopped doing that shit. And I agree with that too. But this isn't the way to do it since it's a false flag.

I don't think that guy even does anything there, the other mods can't kick him because he made the sub. I'm familiar with a couple of mods on that team and I would def not apply the alt-right label to them which makes me hesitant to think that would be their aim, but maybe I've been bamboozled.
Fair enough. I still think it's one over done April Fools trolling that's gonna go on for a bit until the mods over there decide enoughs enough. The 'beg forgiveness for being white' and the 'Yas King' is what set off my bs meter.

Edit: I do have to admit though, it certainly is making people salty even here on ERA. Pretty well played on that front.

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought blackpeople twitter was a real thing and not just memes of black people saying funny things. I remember i watched a Daily Post segment about how BPT is used as a bit of a "barber shop" space to air your grievances and talk politics and issues in the black community

how has it become hijacked by 4channers now ?

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I thought blackpeople twitter was a real thing and not just memes of black people saying funny things. I remember i watched a Daily Post segment about how BPT is used as a bit of a "barber shop" space to air your grievances and talk politics and issues in the black community

how has it become hijacked by 4channers now ?
I think part of that difference is semantics. What you're referring to is "black Twitter", which is just, uh, black people on Twitter, similarly to how you have "gay Twitter" and "author Twitter", etc. BlackPeopleTwitter is a subreddit that has a lot of digital blackface and a general air of laughing AT black Twitter, not with it.

Also not even going to touch the whataboutisms in the post that quoted mine a few posts back.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, let me check out the mod that posted the announcement and what they moderate.

r/tifu
14.2m subscribers

r/BlackPeopleTwitter
3.0m subscribers

r/blackpeoplegifs
497k subscribers

r/AgainstHateSubreddits
63.1k subscribers

r/Virginia
19.7k subscribers

u/awkwardtheturtle
nsfw

r/downvotesreally
4.5k subscribers

r/Race_Realism
1.5k subscribers

r/bptcirclejerk
1.0k subscribers

r/SPLCenter
857 subscribers

r/BPTmeta
647 subscribers

r/PrettyCoolDudes
427 subscribers

r/bobcobble
321 subscribers

r/truewhitepeoplegifs
226 subscribers

r/N8theGr8
115 subscribers

r/IdeasforTIFU
106 subscribers

r/actualjournalism
64 subscribers

r/Ten
59 subscribers

r/Three
53 subscribers

r/cyxie
28 subscribers

r/nine
23 subscribers

r/DragonBallZTwitter
11 subscribers

r/asawhiteperson
5 subscribers

r/ProHateSubreddits
5 subscribers

r/Spezmemes
5 subscribers

r/TrueAwkwardTheTurtle
3 subscribers

r/eighty
2 subscribers

r/StormfrontorMGLLN
2 subscribers

r/the_beta
2 subscribers

r/fourty
1 subscriber

r/fragiledubteedub
1 subscriber

r/NamekPeopleTwitter
1 subscriber

r/TrueBanout2018
1 subscriber

r/trueblackpeoplegifs
1 subscriber

r/FragileWhiteMods

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I can promise you it's not

Are you a mod there?

I'm not hating, I just find this bizarre behavior coming from one of the top subreddits on Reddit's frontpage. If anything, the admins should crack down on this due to privacy issues with users being required to submit personal info to unpaid mods.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Are you a mod there?

I'm not hating, I just find this bizarre behavior coming from one of the top subreddits on Reddit's frontpage. If anything, the admins should crack down on this due to privacy issues with users being required to submit personal info to unpaid mods.
Verification is common on many subreddits if it's what i think it is. Just a simple photo of you and a piece of paper with your username or something like that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Are you a mod there?

No, I don't mod there but I've had interactions with a couple mods on that team and they are, from the impression I got, good people and def not alt-right. I don't think the admins would consider it a privacy thing as it's voluntary and they are not requiring any personal identifying information such as addresses, phone numbers, names, any of that stuff.

ImTheresaMay

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory False Equivalence, history of Inflammatory Commentary
LMAO it's pretty easy to get "woke" people to support hard right ethnofascism, isn't it?

No wonder all the liberals go head over heels for Israel and Zionism.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't mod there but I've had interactions with a couple mods on that team and they are, from the impression I got, good people and def not alt-right. I don't think the admins would consider it a privacy thing as it's voluntary and they are not requiring any personal identifying information such as addresses, phone numbers, names, any of that stuff.

Alright, if you say so.

I still think it's weird that they're cannibalizing their userbase, but that is their own decision to make. I'm sure an alternative subreddit will crop up soon.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
So uh yeah this is definitely some sort of false flag "look at the SJWs!!!" thing, though I do maintain that safe spaces are not a bad thing, but this literally ain't it.
Actually, let me check out the mod that posted the announcement and what they moderate.
Did you check out those subs? r/againsthatesubreddits is a good thing, r/Race_Realism/ they took over and turned it into something else and it's no longer a racist space, r/fragilewhitemods is a concept born from r/FragileWhiteRedditor/ which "is a subreddit for mocking reddit's large, vocal, and hypocritical fragile white population". They also mod https://www.reddit.com/r/SPLCenter/ which is the sub for the SPLC.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Did you check out those subs? r/againsthatesubreddits is a good thing, r/Race_Realism/ they took over and turned it into something else and it's no longer a racist space, r/fragilewhitemods is a concept born from r/FragileWhiteRedditor/ which "is a subreddit for mocking reddit's large, vocal, and hypocritical fragile white population".
Ah ok! Yeah I remember Race_Realism from before its turn and didn't realized that it had been reclaimed, that was the main thing that caught my attention. Thanks! I'll take the L on that then.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
From what I can gather, this is actually one of the reasons why the subreddit has been purged.

/r/BPT has acquired a reputation as a haven for 'Digital Blackface' (i.e. white people pretending to be black to get away with use of the n-word, stereotypes, etc.)
Huh. Now to wait for r/Indianpeoplefacebook to do the same ..