• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is a very long and detailed research piece on all of the UFO/UAP hoopla that's been happening since December of 2017. The major players involve the US military (Navy in particular), To The Stars Academy (TTSA; Tom DeLonge's organization), billionaire Robert Bigelow, and other high level scientists and former Pentagon leaders; most notable being Christopher Mellon (as in Carnegie Mellon) who served as former United States Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, the third highest rank in intelligence at the Pentagon.

I have not finished reading this piece myself, but for those of you here who are interested in the facts of what's been happening and a timeline of events, this is a good 'summary'. Whether it's aliens, paradigm-changing high tech equipment, or a very intricate psyops campaign -- this has been one of the most fascinating stories the past couple of years. It really has been stranger than fiction, especially Tom Delonge's role in everything.

www.popularmechanics.com

Inside the Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

The government can't keep its story straight about its involvement with UFOs. After a yearlong investigation, we reveal the staggering truth.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'll read the article at some point today but it feels like the government is slowly trying to break this news with droplets of information over the years. So when finally it is announced that we are not alone it doesnt cause mass panic. It's is more of a "no shit all that stuff never made sense we have been seeing over the past 5-10 years."

I am sure it won't work and people will panic regardless.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll read the article at some point today but it feels like the government is slowly trying to break this news with droplets of information over the years. So when finally it is announced that we are not alone it doesnt cause mass panic. It's is more of a "no shit all that stuff never made sense we have been seeing over the past 5-10 years."

Doesn't sound anything like that considering who is involved, sounds more like propaganda.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Robert Bigelow being involved in this is wild...have to read now seeing his name, curious if Skinwalker Ranch is mentioned.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada

7Gu6o4F.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here should look up those Skinwalker Ranch stories, that shit is more bonkers than any sci fi story. It's sort of like a real version of Annihilation.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Bonkers as in sounding fake, or sounding legit? I haven't read them, so generally curious.

It kinda just depends on how you feel about the subject as a whole...they are insane, that's a crazy place regardless.

I'm pretty open minded so I love reading about it.

There's a documentary on Hulu about it as well, made by the same guy who did the Bob Lazar documentary.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If there are aliens people won't panic. We are too complacent. It'll just be a bunch of alien memeing.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
We better be ready to throw Dark Forest Deterrence into effect.

Edit: also, someone link me to some stories about this skinwalker ranch thing

Oct 27, 2017
I think gullible people are often used as a shield for nefarious things.

There was apparently nothing concrete, outside of the fact that an already rich contractor made a lot of money and it cemented avenues for the government to sidestep accountability (namely FOIA requests)

What role did Tom play, that OP is referring to? I thought I read the whole article, and the only mention I saw was that a government employee left a government job to join Tom's thing after most funding dried up for the secret projects.

With that said, I obviously believe there have been observed instances of things we cant adequately explain. This quote resonated though:
"IT WOULD BE HARD TO ARGUE THAT EITHER THE MILITARY OR THE PUBLIC GOT THEIR MONEY'S WORTH."

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
The skinwalker stories are a fun read, but they're also hilariously bullshit. I'm shocked to see so many people in this thread even toying with the idea.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting article.

My mom and a group of her friends all have this one story about a UFO they all saw one day something like 30 years ago. To this day, they all swear by the story.

I'm a very scientifically-minded person, but I fully believe there's something going on that's beyond our understanding.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
The evangelicals will panic
They won't buy any shit that goes against their beliefs. Fake news blah blah blah.

Oh, you think coming across aliens will make them believe their religions less?

*laughs in conspiracy theorists*

For real they eat ufo sightings up like there's no tomorrow. It's the fringe belief of existence of beings from another dimension, or from the sky, or whathaveyou. Basically, if it came from somewhere else, and is advanced enough that we can't comprehend it, it's demons. Demons and the tech they use to warp and harness reality itself or whatever.

Religion isn't going to just disappear with the arrival of alien races, higher tech, or better understanding of quantum physics. It's just going to adapt and mold itself around it eventually, incorporating the new possibilities into their mythos.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Oh, you think coming across aliens will make them believe their religions less?

*laughs in conspiracy theorists*

For real they eat ufo sightings up like there's no tomorrow. It's the fringe belief of existence of beings from another dimension, or from the sky, or whathaveyou. Basically, if it came from somewhere else, and is advanced enough that we can't comprehend it, it's demons. Demons and the tech they use to warp and harness reality itself or whatever.

Religion isn't going to just disappear with the arrival of alien races, higher tech, or better understanding of quantum physics. It's just going to adapt and mold itself around it eventually, incorporating the new possibilities into their mythos.
You actually are a 100% right on this. My example is my mother. Though combine this with our "domed Earth" (yes she's always into flat Earth shit), her only 'logical' thinking is demons sneaking into our world

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
The skinwalker stories are a fun read, but they're also hilariously bullshit. I'm shocked to see so many people in this thread even toying with the idea.

But it was stated in the article as one of the primary reasons the program was started? A scientist took a visit and had an "experience", which was enough for Reid to start putting a group together.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
So I watched half of the skinwalker documentary on Hulu, and yeah, it seems incredibly silly, especially the paranormal stuff.

Like, I can sorta kinda buy that people may have seen UFOs, but shapeshifting Native American ghosts is a little too out there for me.

Oct 27, 2017
But it was stated in the article as one of the primary reasons the program was started? A scientist took a visit and had an "experience", which was enough for Reid to start putting a group together.

And it led to the creation of shielded, secret government programs that had basically zero accountability and kept almost all individuals on a "need to know" basis. Someone would be happy to lie to set that up. The people who believe would then be the shield for whatever it is they actually wanted to do without questions or accountability.

Nov 30, 2017

US10144532B2 - Craft using an inertial mass reduction device - Google Patents

A craft using an inertial mass reduction device comprises of an inner resonant cavity wall, an outer resonant cavity, and microwave emitters. The electrically charged outer resonant cavity wall and the electrically insulated inner resonant cavity wall form a resonant cavity. The microwave...

US Navy filed a patent for triangular shaped anti-gravity spacecraft

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"I want to believe " is a statement of focused intent rather than a skeptic's concession for a lot of people.

degrees of belief span the gulf from reasonable suspicion about potential black aerospace program being categorized as UFOs either by credible witnesses and air traffic professionals- all the way to kidnapped and butt-researched by the grays.

Oct 25, 2017

A craft using an inertial mass reduction device comprises of an inner resonant cavity wall, an outer resonant cavity, and microwave emitters. The electrically charged outer resonant cavity wall and the electrically insulated inner resonant cavity wall form a resonant cavity. The microwave...

Makes sense since a lot of those UFO sightings have those triangular shaped aircrafts.

Oct 27, 2017

Less about the aircraft as it is the means of propulsion. Really interesting stuff.

What speeds to they theorize it could hit? Wonder what if any success they've had.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
You are a speck on a speck of dirt. Stop being self absorbed for 5 minutes and realize there is much more going on than we know, let alone even our brightest minds. I'm not asking you to buy a bridge, just open your damn mind.
Being open minded doesn't preclude someone from being skeptical and rational.

By definition, asking someone to buy into skinwalkers and other paranormal, totally unscientific stuff is asking them to buy a bridge.

I totally believe that there are aliens out there in the cosmos and things that publicly known modern science can't currently explain. That doesn't mean that I believe that our planet is some sort of extremely popular stop in the Galactic Safari or that there are Native American ghosts wandering around. If anything, believing that we're important enough to rate that sort of attention is much more self-absorbed.

Given how huge the universe is, it'll be many decades at best before we see verifiable signs of alien life. All this UFO stuff is much more likely to be experimental military tech than anything else.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you read into the history of a lot of scientists they were into all kinds of wild shit, and even outright dangerously ignorant shit at that, while also making some profound discoveries and advancements that still effect the world today. Newton was brilliant in things like mathematics and physics but doesn't mean I believe alchemy is real.

OP
OP
War Eagle

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have had an insanely busy weekend so I haven't been able to follow up on on this thread after posting it, but here is the part that stands out most in my opinion:

Popular Mechanics Article said:
In June 2019, the Office of Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee's office, confirmed that closed door meetings on UAP have occured. More recently, last December, when asked by Conway Daily Sun reporter Daymond Steer about the Navy UAP encounters, recent presidential candidate and current member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Sen. Michael Bennet, was cautious in saying he wouldn't share anything he'd learned on the Intelligence Committee. However, Bennet said, "Our guys are seeing stuff that's unidentified. They don't know what it is, I don't know what it is … We're trying to learn more about it. The Air Force is trying to learn more about it."

Popular Mechanics has since learned in October 2019, staffers with the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Armed Service Committee were briefed on current UAP issues. According to people with knowledge of these briefings, some former BAASS contractors and current AATIP leadership were in attendance.

Insiders also say this past year, during a closed-door meeting with the Senate Intelligence Committee, Brigadier General Richard Stapp, Director of the DoD Special Access Program Central Office, testified the mysterious objects being encountered by the military were not related to secret U.S. technology. The Pentagon did not respond to requests by Popular Mechanics to confirm Stapp's testimony before the Intelligence Committee.

In only the second time publicly discussing the event,

Correct me if I am wrong, but General Stapp was under oath when he testified that these anomalies are not related to secret U.S. technology and it would be perjury if he is untruthful, correct?

Keep in mind that these are closed door meetings with all committee members having the proper Top Secret clearances.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Oh c'mon one person's "experience" and yet 0 evidence of anything ever outside of personal stories with no actual witnesses to corroborate and years of research/surveillance and nothing? Im totally fine with people believing what they want, but these stories are so ridiculous.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty damning that a mainstream media outlet like Popular Mechanics gets all this info . . . . its going to be a long day . . . .

EVERYONE CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

source.gif

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does that article amount to a big pile of nothing? There's really nothing concrete there, and what little facts seem to be there are really not conclusive at all, right? Government is having top secret meetings. One scientist experienced something.

I "want to believe" but I kind of need strong evidence (which I guess makes it more "I want to know" rather than "believe" heh).

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Is it me or does that article amount to a big pile of nothing? There's really nothing concrete there, and what little facts seem to be there are really not conclusive at all, right? Government is having top secret meetings. One scientist experienced something.

I "want to believe" but I kind of need strong evidence (which I guess makes it more "I want to know" rather than "believe" heh).

Almost all of the information that has come out of these articles has been stuff we've known about for years. The only thing that makes it more intriguing is the amount of time and money the government has sunk into it. That's really not a huge shock when you know about past government programs and what they've invested into in the past such as mk ultra or their psychic division in the military

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost all of the information that has come out of these articles has been stuff we've known about for years. The only thing that makes it more intriguing is the amount of time and money the government has sunk into it. That's really not a huge shock when you know about past government programs and what they've invested into in the past such as mk ultra or their psychic division in the military
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at, I guess. Nothing in the article surprised me or felt like really extraordinary. And the Skinwalker thing... I mean, it's just silly. I hate to sound dismissive, but what little I read about it does not seem convincing at all.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Of course, part of the money the government spends on stuff like this is just to reward campaign donors with fat contracts. Like this:

On August 18, 2008, the contracting arm of the DIA issued a 32-page solicitation/contract/order for commercial items for the AAWSAP. When bidding closed three weeks later on September 5, as the sole bidder, BAASS was awarded $10 million dollars for the guaranteed first year, of a five-year option, for the contract.

And, whaddya know, less than two months prior to that contract bid going out, Bigelow donated $28,500 to Harry Reid's campaign.

Code:
Money to Parties    BIGELOW, ROBERT T
LAS VEGAS, NV 89119    BIGELOW INVESTMENT COMPANY    06-30-2008    $28,500    Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte (D)

Not saying that UAP isn't a real thing that should be investigated, but a lot of this stuff is government pork designed to funnel money to donors.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019

If the government really does believe (and they obviously have evidence) that there is something unidentified flying around out there that isn't one of ours, I would hope they would spend a bunch of money to figure out what it is. I'm not saying its aliens or whatever (I have no idea what it is), but unidentified aircraft flying inside your national airspace is definitely concerning from both a safety and national security perspective.