• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to beat Skyrim. I've owned it on 2 systems and have yet to beat it. I'll do it one day.

Witcher 3. I'll get back to it eventually. Last time I played it I did a quest. So that's improvement. I hear the DLC is great.

Ass Creed Odyssey. It's just to big. Side quests everywhere. Just gotta buckle down and stick to the main plot.... someday.

Bloodborne, possibly if I run out of other stuff to play. Maybe.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
A lot of Zelda games lol. The one I really want to replay and actually finish is OoA and OoS.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Xenogears. Started it ages ago, stopped at a point for some reason I can't recall right now.

Plan to play it to completion once eventually as I've been told the 2nd disc is small.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bascially every major release in the past five years excluding Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. I have a problem with finishing games.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I have almost 50 hours total in Skyrim with how many saves I have trying to play for real since launch.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Dragon Age Origins. I played all 6 starting origins and then about 30 hours before I hit a wall and couldn't beat random encounters.

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
Dark Souls 1. I playd till Anor Londo. I got tired because of some bugs and opening the game had a 50% chance of crushing (and when it didn't, it couldn't always recognise my controller). I'll buy the remaster for the switch some time.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Breath of the Wild.
Played for a bit on the WiiU and decided to wait until I could play on Switch. Have yet to get a Switch tho.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Breath of the Wild is the current one. I actually stopped playing in July 2017, and recently went back to it yesterday. I cleared the last Divine Beast and started the Champion's Ballad DLC yesterday, so I'm hoping to finish that up and beat Ganon before Fire Emblem comes out.

Tales of Vesperia is also a big one that has irked me forever. I've actually played that game twice on 360 and gotten to right around the same spot about 3/4 of the way through the game, yet never finished it. I've been extremely tempted to pick up the Definitive Edition on Switch and restart it yet again, but I'm pretty sure that I don't have the time for that at this point.

Otherwise, I just have stuff in my backlog that I'll get to at some point.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play The Witcher 3 for 4 years. I really love the world and the main story and side quests are interesting, but the movement and combat is the jankiest thing I swear.

Also Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. They're both super fun, but I'm a very anxious person and they just creep my out a little too much. I have a hard time finding the nerve to start them up, and when I do I can only play for an hour or so, max.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami. I'm near the end

Doom. I'm at the last boss fight. Instead of restart battle I picked restart mission. I already did the hidden missions so I was mad and turned it off.

Tales of Vesperia. Burnt out from farming.

Detroit. Pacing got a little slow at one point and I wanted to try another game and haven't played it since then.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Red Dead 2 - I have to be in the mood for slow. And right now I'm not.
Rage 2 - I got stuck on a boss. I'll eventually try again but getting pissed off and stuck on a boss is how I stop alot of games permanently.

Mountainous

Banned
Jun 22, 2019
To echo what others have said. It took me a few tries to begin and complete the main story of The Witcher 3. But once I got past the first few hours, I mainlined that shit to my eyeballs for 8+ hours a day for a few weekends. No ragrets.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Too many to count...I have a terrible time finishing games. Nowadays I claim it's related to not having enough free time, but even when I was 19 and barely worked, I still had multiple new releases still unopened or with one hour of playtime, even games I would be super excited for. In fact, I bought Bayonetta for 360 the day it came out, and didn't finish it until I bought the Switch version.

Other big ones currently: Mass Effect Andromeda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Final Fantasy XII, The Last Guardian (still wrapped), Shadow of the Colossus remake...The list goes on forever.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Lost Odyssey

I lost my save on disc 3 when my Xbox formatted my HDD for no reason (thanks shitty NXE update!)

I'll go back one day

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Operencia: the Stolen Sun.

It's a neat quirky game, but the combat takes a VERY long time sometimes and the stage play nature of it started turning me away. I'm about halfway through, I think I just need to try something else for a while.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
dead rising 2 - i got to the final boss but wasn't strong enough to beat him,then i found out i could start again and keep my stats but never got around to doing it.

i'm glad i finally finished dark souls which i first played on ps3 but got stuck then tried again on pc years later and finished it.

there's deus ex: mankind divided but i don't intend to go back to that.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Alien Isolation
AC Odyssey, Origins
Chrono Trigger
Cuphead
Dark Souls 2
Devil May cry 4, 5
Days Gone
Dishonored 2
Divinity 1 and 2
Doom
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Quest 11
Nino Kuni 1 and 2
The Evil Within 2
Final Fantasy 9
Hellblade
Kingdom Come
Mario vs Rabbids
Super Smash Bros (barely played it)
All Three Metro games
Nier
MKX
Outward
RE1 and RE0
Thronebreaker
Witcher 2
Yakuza 0

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Red Dead 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Ys VIII
Sekiro
Basically the entire Yakuza series
I have been in the mood for short games so these long ones are on the backburner for now.

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
I never managed to beat Mike Tyson. It takes about 30 minutes just to get to him then one minute later the game is over with Tyson giving a flex and a grin.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Do era posts have a character limit? My backlog of games I *actually plan* to go back to is enormous.

The ones that comes to mind immediately, though, are FF9 and FF Tactics.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Breath of The Wild. Only played maybe 5 hours in, might start all over again someday. I liked it but not sure if I can commit to finishing the game at this point, so I dropped it for the time being. I don't really like to stop halfway for this genre of game cause I hate that feeling of being 'lost' in terms of story / controls when you resume a few months later.

Hollow Knight, probably about 60% through, combat is satisfying but found the traversal very tedious. Will probably continue it someday, but not now.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Been taking my sweet-ass time with Sekiro. I think the last thing I beat was the giraffe centipede wolverine blade guy lol. I'm actually at the Guardian Ape and after trying several times, I kinda gave up temporarily but never went back due to picking up Mario Maker 2 and Terraria on Switch (despite having it on 3DS, PC, and PS4 already). I just have far too many damn games to play. I grabbed Just Cause 4, still haven't touched it. Played maybe 30 minutes of RDR2. Grabbed Dreams but it's overwhelming with the amount of stuff you can do and I don't have that kinda time these days lol. Was playing Hollow Knight finally on the Switch but put that to the side as well for Terraria (what can I say, I get sucked into that game hardcore).

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest backlog focus has been the Soulsbornekiro games. I've got a boss or two left in Bloodborne (plus DLC), but I plan on doing a whole playthrough of that soon (or if it's playable on PS5). I got to the monk in Sekiro and had to put it down for work travel and just lost all the steam I had there, so that'll be someday (soon?). Finally, I started a playthrough of DS3 on Xbox but have since acquired it on PC, so that's ripe for completion.

Beyond that, I think I have a chunk of AC Odyssey left.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Strangely I just redownloaded Banner Saga 1 last night. It's probably 18 months since I've played it and it turns out I was less than an hour from the final fight.

Assassins Creed Odyssey will probably last me well into next year. If I play it too much it gets incredibly boring.

Skyrim I've had on the go for a couple of years but whenever I play it I run around doing side quests so I'm quite early in the story.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earthbound Zero
Zelda: Link To the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
Medievil
Final Fantasy 8 & 9
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Magical Starsign
Kirby Adventure Wii
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Chibi Robo
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Pikmin 3
Skyrim

All of these I dropped at some point and can't really jump back in anymore since it's been too long, but I want to give them another go and finish them properly if possible
(tho for Golden Sun 2 and Radiant Dawn it probably means replaying the game before it too....)

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
Dishonored. I love that game, and played a lot of it. I burned myself out on it after a particularly long session of play, but I think about it a lot. Plus, I wanna play the sequel.

Sekiro. I love playing the game, I love the combat system, I love the setting. I hate knowing that whenever I go back to it, I'm gonna spend hours trying to get past a boss again. That process can be fun and has been, but I haven't been in the mood to run at a wall over and over again until it crumbles lately.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, AC Odyssey
3 games I like but I played around so much in the open world that I kind got burned out of the game before finishing it

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I have yet to beat Skyrim. I've owned it on 2 systems and have yet to beat it. I'll do it one day.

Witcher 3. I'll get back to it eventually. Last time I played it I did a quest. So that's improvement. I hear the DLC is great.

Ass Creed Odyssey. It's just to big. Side quests everywhere. Just gotta buckle down and stick to the main plot.... someday.

Bloodborne, possibly if I run out of other stuff to play. Maybe.

I've played and not beat all four of these games, but the only one I would consider going back to finish is Bloodborne. (Maybe Odyssey since I've beat every other mainline AC game, but I might be done with the series now)

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
I still have my 18-year old Chrono Cross save from when I rented it from Blockbuster. Every few years I try to remember how I got into a coral reef and how to progress from there. Haven't found a way yet!

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I was having a really great time with it up until Chapter 5-ish or so but the gacha wore me down too much. I wanted to continue to play it, but I was having minimal luck finding unique blades and it was really annoying. I think I still didn't have a full team of uniques for everyone in the party at that point that weren't story blades.

That whole system and the fact that the core doesn't just open so I can assign the blade to someone was super annoying as well.

I plan to get back to it, but wouldn't be too upset if I didn't.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Bloodborne, maybe, if I can be bothered to get interested in it again.

I just can't be bothered putting in the effort when there's no decent story to make it worth it or even anything that makes it worth it for me.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
Lost Odyssey, maybe, but I've been away from it for so long that I've forgot much of the plot and characters, not to speak of the game mechanics. So maybe not.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Too many.

Nier Automata
Yakuza 0
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect Andromeda (I was enjoying it enough actually)
Breath of the Wild (I want to give it another chance, but woof I did not like it after 15-16 hours sorry)

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Metal Gear Rising. Got stuck on trying to defeat the president and decided to restart that chapter
I've gone back a few times now but haven't had any success getting past the beginning of it

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Persona 5.

I'm LITERALLY at the final area, but I got annoyed at the final mini boss group and took a break... and now it's been close to a two year long break.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Super Mario 64- Played thru a bunch as a child but moved on when I had to return it to Blockbuster. Tried again recently on the DS and I found it painful to control. Might try again eventually.

Final Fantasy 8- Got to like...2 minutes before the end of Disk 1 but my copy had a massive scratch and it would freeze right there and I couldn't continue. I remember absolutely nothing about the game but that damn scene at the end of the disk