• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God why do these huge mods always have to have this fucking weird and gross shit in them? I was looking forward to this a while ago, but haven't gotten around to downloading it. Sure dodged a bullet there.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are actually excited to play a mod with this level of dialogue? really?
To be fair, no one knew that the dialogue would be complete garbage and that the game would have shit like this in it. I know I wouldn't have given this mod a passing glance if I knew the mod was gonna be this trash. Also I refuse to believe that no one on the dev team thought that any of the dialogue with America or the previously mentioned character was a good idea, like, did you seriously play the mod and thought "Yeah. Yeah this is good.".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
God why do these huge mods always have to have this fucking weird and gross shit in them? I was looking forward to this a while ago, but haven't gotten around to downloading it. Sure dodged a bullet there.

The retro fps scene has been a massive downer too. Everything from Ion Maiden, Ultimate Doom, 3DRealms related studios.
Evidently being stuck in the past can be literal for some devs.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, no one knew that the dialogue would be complete garbage and that the game would have shit like this in it. I know I wouldn't have given this mod a passing glance if I knew the mod was gonna be this trash
Like i know that is probably taken out of context and might be especially bad, but all the dialogue excerpts (bug sex, stinky feet, sex slave, this) I've seen on this forum are horrible. its like below mediocre fanfiction level

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
BBosGNt.png

Another big Fallout modder (the lead of Fallout Miami) I'm glad the Fallout community is taking a stand.
Phew when I read the thread title I was actually confusing Fallout Frontier with Fallout Miami so I went to check my YouTube subscriptions to see which project I was following and I'm glad it's Fallout Miami.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like i know that is probably taken out of context and might be especially bad, but all the dialogue excerpts (bug sex, stinky feet, sex slave, this) I've seen on this forum are horrible. its like below mediocre fanfiction level
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, all the screenshots and videos I've seen involving the mod show just how awful all of the writing is and that the writing seems like it was done by some kid that just hit puberty and is trying to be as edgy as possible. No amount of context is EVER gonna make the sex slave dialogue and everything else better lol

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Phew when I read the thread title I was actually confusing Fallout Frontier with Fallout Miami so I went to check my YouTube subscriptions to see which project I was following and I'm glad it's Fallout Miami.
Frontier is probably the last big mod for New Vegas. The rest of the big conversion mods are on Fallout 4 engine, like Miami, Cascadia, Capital Wasteland, etc. They' re still years away from release anyway.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Frontier is probably the last big mod for New Vegas. The rest of the big conversion mods are on Fallout 4 engine, like Miami, Cascadia, Capital Wasteland, etc. They' re still years away from release anyway.
I'll consider playing Frontier in the future once all of this filth is removed and the Steam version gets approved and posted but otherwise I'm fully content with waiting on the next wave of mods made on Fallout 4 because it's not like we're getting a new Fallout game for at least the next 3-5 years.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
You don't need this mod to enjoy New Vegas, and if you already have a modded setup/install count yourself lucky you didn't start fresh for this garbage.
JSawyers Mod, a texture replacement mod or two and that's all you should really need.

Still, sad for the rest of the people involved with this mod, but maybe some on the team should have raised an eyebrow if they saw the teenage sex slave throughout development.
Mod looked interesting, hence why I setup a fresh copy of New Vegas. Otherwise, I can just play my 150ish mod version any time :).

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering how this is gonna affect future Steam mod releases. If somebody can bury stuff like that deep enough into a mod that it doesn't get discovered until post-release, what's that gonna for mods in the future that try to get Steam releases like this?

Jun 2, 2019
I'm surprised nobody posted images/ the shit surrounding America aka the girl you can get so dependent on you that you exploit her into basically becoming a sex slave
so here ya go.....
EsQlwaxW8AAa4mP.jpg

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh

I was thinking about installing this, i love New Vegas, but waking up to this was like getting hit in the face with a hammer. Fuck this shit, seriously, this is so messed up

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's one way to drain 7 years of work down the gutter. This mod will be forever cursed and not regenerate from this scandal. How could you even think this was a good idea and put shit like that into your game? And how did no one else notice before release?

God why do these huge mods always have to have this fucking weird and gross shit in them?
As far as I played them Enderal and Nehrim were both fine? But I didn't see all the content because both are HUGE.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
So I guess Bethesda won't hire these guys for fallout 5?

But all joking aside it sucks that 7 years of work went down this way, but the modding community has a lot of problems with sex and sexisim.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
To be fair, no one knew that the dialogue would be complete garbage and that the game would have shit like this in it. I know I wouldn't have given this mod a passing glance if I knew the mod was gonna be this trash. Also I refuse to believe that no one on the dev team thought that any of the dialogue with America or the previously mentioned character was a good idea, like, did you seriously play the mod and thought "Yeah. Yeah this is good.".
Really makes you wonder who exactly play tested and what. The project lead should have known it was in there ages ago.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
With the recent legal changes, even imaginary drawings of children are regarded pedophilic so they have reasons to worry.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
the dumbest shit. why would things like legalities and consent be on people's mind in a post apocalyptic world still? no business in writing in the first place

That's not really inconsistent with the level of Bethesda's Fallout writing/world-building, to be fair. The moronic inability to actually write from the perspective of characters that actually live in the world they've created, I mean, not the sexualization part.

That part is still very what-the-fuck.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Yeah, I noticed this in one of the bigger Skyrim mods too, Beyond Reach. Rape and pedophilia play larger roles than they should, which should be none. It's just gross and ruins a lot of the experience.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Was kinda hyped for this. Then some questionable screens from the game turned up online. Then the 17 year old slave. Now this.

Jesus Christ, I hate it here.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was really looking forward to playing this. Had no idea this kind of stuff was surrounding it.
Yup. Im playing F4 right now so I was itching for something that scratches that Obsidian itch in execution at least cause any time Fallout 4 tries to be a bit clever and does something that isnt "go there, shoot this" it falls flat on its face.

Shame.....but also fuck that guy.

I wish the Skyrim modding community was this determined to kick the pedos out of the community.
What is this referencing, or is it just a general comment? Not kept up with Skyrim stuff to be aware of any major incident.

Yeah, I noticed this in one of the bigger Skyrim mods too, Beyond Reach. Rape and pedophilia play larger roles than they should, which should be none. It's just gross and ruins a lot of the experience.
Ohhh....I guess this answers my question. I didnt realize this was an issue there as well wtf.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The Fallout series has been known for some contents that raises concerns from nowadays perspective (possibility to murder every child in F1, F2; being raped by a possible companion when playing with low intelligence female character; an unused artwork for the childkiller perk was the vault dweller kicking a pregnant woman in the belly), so I'm not surprised over whacky stuff like lizard people (and the sex with them, each their own I guess), and the morbid sex slave thing.

But apparently, according to a Reddit post, the writing is generally all over the place and this just proves it. Instead of going full whacky like almost every fallout (maybe except for Tactics) they often went for a very grounded tone and narrative that just doesn't fit some (or much) of the rest of the game.

I expected something on par with Enderal: Forgotten Stories, a great total conversion based on Skyrim that really does some things better Bethesda could have ever come up with, by a mile.

But seeing the overall writing quality (that sex slave dialogue is so bad it could have been written by a horny 16 years old) really sours my appetite for this mod. But I'm also not surprised, seeing what kind of mods for many games, especially Bethesda's, gets huge download numbers. Lots of weird people in that modding community.

Guess I'll just stick to New Vegas (for the fourth time).

Dec 25, 2018

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Skyrim itself isn't exempt from gross shit. There's a quest where a necromancer is kidnapping women, killing them, and bringing them back as ghosts. It's pretty heavily hinted he's doing something else with them too beyond using them as guards.
I mean, that's dark, but unless the quest has the player helping this necromancer and the women are shown in sexualized and titillating ways... that's not the same thing at all.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

The mod has SOLID SNAKE sexually assualt the player. Fuck this mod so much.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I mean, that's dark, but unless the quest has the player helping this necromancer and the women are shown in sexualized and titillating ways... that's not the same thing at all.
Fair enough and I don't think there is an option to side with him. If you do it a certain way as well, you can free the ghost women and let them get revenge, which is satisfying.

It just kinda felt a little... different than other dark quests in Skyrim.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This was on my "Play it eventually" radar, but now....not so much....oof this shit is awful.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing that was shocking to me at first was reading who the artist was, that's a name I hadn't heard in years, really unfortunate. Then I read about the script, the characters and other things.

This mod was cursed out of the door.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The one thing that was shocking to me at first was reading who the artist was, that's a name I hadn't heard in years, really unfortunate. Then I read about the script, the characters and other things.

This mod was cursed out of the door.
I assume your a fan of MLP by your avatar. Was he known in the Brony community for deviance?

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
I assume your a fan of MLP by your avatar. Was he known in the Brony community for deviance?
I was gonna say no, but apparently the most questionable stuff came out years ago too, not recently, so whether it was widely known or not is something I am not aware of. I recognized the name mostly due to the meme nature of some of his art.
This one in particular blew up due to fandom/show related drama.

large.png

Relatively "small" but well known artist due to his artstyle. He was most active several years ago, and after that, randomly coming up with the occasional submission.

Haven't really been that close to the fandom the past few years so there's a lot I've missed and/or forgotten.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler Mcvicker(of Valve News "fame") has been getting roasted for supporting the mod and deflecting criticism around it, and is only now "changing his stance" now that he probably realized how stupid that was.

Thank fuck I stopped following his shtick ages ago.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look up twitter posts from last week and you can see players were criticizing the mod for its cringe writing, fetishy content, and sexualization of minors days before the one dev was outed for their furry pedo art. Allegedly, they were mostly responsible for weapon fixes and menu icons.

The mod team are clearly using this one dev for a scapegoat and are trying to wash their hands of all other questionable or straight up despicable content in the mod.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
the dumbest shit. why would things like legalities and consent be on people's mind in a post apocalyptic world still? no business in writing in the first place
Girl is literally wearing military armor, but nope, gotta wait till 18 to travel the wastes.

People really think writing sentences is enough to be a writer.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler Mcvicker(of Valve News "fame") has been getting roasted for supporting the mod and deflecting criticism around it, and is only now "changing his stance" now that he probably realized how stupid that was.

Thank fuck I stopped following his shtick ages ago.

Dudes been trash for the longest time, but his shtick with The Frontier and his constant defending of it put the nail in the coffin on my opinion of him. And now he's said on Twitter that after his experience with this he's done reaching out to communities in regards to projects like this. Like, really? You only do this now after the huge backlash and shit people have been giving you for defending it? Lol

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

The Frontier's Fallout

Well this is not the sort of video I thought I'd make. I though I was pretty much done after finishing my second stream and the video, but after having peopl...

Rimmy has a fairly decent take down.

Flannel_and_Assam

Banned
Jun 21, 2020
United Kingdom
I've played it for a few hours now and I still cannot get over how awful the humour and writing are. I keep expecting to see a tumbleweed fly past every time they try to make a joke or a pop culture reference.

The mod has SOLID SNAKE sexually assualt the player. Fuck this mod so much.

Even ignoring the sexual aspect of it, using Solid Snake to refer to his penis is a joke as old as the damn series itself. It's painfully unfunny.

www.youtube.com

The Frontier's Fallout

Well this is not the sort of video I thought I'd make. I though I was pretty much done after finishing my second stream and the video, but after having peopl...

Rimmy has a fairly decent take down.
I watched this earlier, and really don't believe some of the "it was meant to be Wild Wasteland" or "it was a joke" reasons from the devs. A good video by Rimmy though, and I'm glad he disproved the edited Discord screencaps immediately, as I've seen those passed around a lot.