• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I was really looking forward to playing this. Had no idea this kind of stuff was surrounding it.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about reprehensible and offensive content is that you pretty much have to make it obvious to the audience that you are aware of the implications.

Just from what I can read about this situation, it seems pretty clearly intended to be titillating.

I agree that the content in this mod has a heavy bias toward titillation.

I'd also agree the content in the mod does a bad job at criticizing or showing the implications of the reprehensible content in the mod.

After playing it I'd even say the content in the mod is, for the most part, not great either. Everything involving the America character is hot garbage, even if she wasn't designed to appeal to titillation it's still written in such an awful, amateur, way.

But that alone isn't worth freaking out over tbh, which is why the NexusMods statement is solely about the IRL stuff, the mod is exceptionally in bad taste but that isn't really out of the purview of Fallout. While FO4 & 76 are both pretty sanitized, the series has its roots in A Boy and his Dog a book/film that involves a 15 year old boy (18 adult in the film) and his dog roaming a post-apocalyptic wasteland going around trying to rape women, who gets imprisoned in a vault whose purpose is to trap men and extract their semen non-stop to impregnate women without sex, who escapes with the help of a woman, who his dog then kills and the man cooks and then eats and also feeds to his dog as the teen decides to be loyal to his dog over the woman who saved him.

Which is why there's a ton of stuff that is in bad taste in the main entries - the cannibalism, disgusting vault types, etc all come from being inspired by that source material.

To use an example, it'd be pretty believable in the Fallout universe for someone who was sided with the Legion to take an adult woman or man as a sex slave (whatever the character wasn't because homosexual sex is outlawed by the Legion) and abuse them enough that they get Stockholm Syndrome, because that's basically right in the Legion's alleyway of things they'd actually do.

Fallout is just kind of reprehensible to a degree at its core is all. The IRL stuff is disgusting and I'm glad someone found this out and outed it - it just super sucks they had enough pull to ruin the work of so many others (assuming they're being honest that the mod organizational structure prevented them from knowing ahead of time).

e:

OK I'm now realizing I may have missed some content in this mod too though. I did get to experience some of the America stuff and didn't continue with it, but I'm now finding out you can have sex with a Deathclaw and there's some really bad dialogue towards minors. The former is stupid, the latter is indefensible and awful obviously. I didn't realize it was this bad because I primarily only did the primary story content in the mod and not much in the way of any of the side stuff - I definitely wasn't "thorough" because the mod was just so painfully average in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Now people who aren't in the team but contributed assets are demanding for them to be removed from the mod. The head modder was interviewed, in which he denied everything and started sobbing.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Now people who aren't in the team but contributed assets are demanding for them to be removed from the mod. The head modder was interviewed, in which he denied everything and started sobbing.

Good for the asset contributors. The head modder isn't the guy with the pedo art though, right? Or is it him? I'm confused about their organizational structure >.<.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
BBosGNt.png

Another big Fallout modder (the lead of Fallout Miami) I'm glad the Fallout community is taking a stand.

Last edited:

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
FUCKING YIKES! I was waiting for the Steam release, looks like the FBI will get there first. Sickening.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember hearing about this and thinking it was pretty fucked up but i didnt realise it was so mainstream. I thought this was some stupid mod on the level of any other dumb bethesda game sex mod.

Normalization of sexualisation of minors is pretty fucked up

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
FUCKING YIKES! I was waiting for the Steam release, looks like the FBI will get there first. Sickening.

Even without this news it wasn't worth waiting for the Steam release anyways, I only played the main quest and barely any of the side content (which is where it gets really off the rails apparently), but the mod is just not great. The writing is pretty amateur, it focuses too much on being cinematic like a Call of Duty campaign during the main quests, and quite frankly almost every aspect of it outside of some of the art assets is average quality or worse.

Out of 10, I'd give the mod a like, 3. Probably a 1-2 now that I'm aware the side content is horrifically worse than what I experienced in the main story, tbh.

There's just far better mods to be had. It's not worth it. Even if they removed all the bad stuff this pedo artist did, the mod is still pretty bad.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler McVicker just did an interview with one of the devs and it got made private mid way through as I was listening to it. Yeah, this mod needs to get nuked from orbit. Hopefully the news spreads around and the Nexus takes a stand and decides to never put the mod out on the site

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Even without this news it wasn't worth waiting for the Steam release anyways, I only played the main quest and barely any of the side content (which is where it gets really off the rails apparently), but the mod is just not great. The writing is pretty amateur, it focuses too much on being cinematic like a Call of Duty campaign during the main quests, and quite frankly almost every aspect of it outside of some of the art assets is average quality or worse.

Out of 10, I'd give the mod a like, 3. Probably a 1-2 now that I'm aware the side content is horrifically worse than what I experienced in the main story, tbh.

There's just far better mods to be had. It's not worth it. Even if they removed all the bad stuff this pedo artist did, the mod is still pretty bad.

I more or less agree. The first 3 or 4 NCR quests feel like trying to shoehorn an FPS campaign into an RPG (not to mention one on such a rickety foundation in the first place), and at least twice has you play as non-Courier characters that I couldn't care less about. Calling in air strikes and driving a tank like this is Battlefield. I hadn't even made it to the space station yet which is apparently also clumsily done.

I enjoyed myself the most when the game's story and writing just shut up and I was out just exploring places. There are some nuggets of decent to good stuff to find but mired in and around so much stuff that's stupid at best and disgusting at worst.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised nobody posted images/ the shit surrounding America aka the girl you can get so dependent on you that you exploit her into basically becoming a sex slave
so here ya go.....
EsQlwaxW8AAa4mP.jpg

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

I feel the opposite. I had a blast exploring the world, doing quests and finding new characters and settlements. After hearing mixed impressions about the NCR main quest, I'm not too keen on doing that, actually.

I'm surprised nobody posted images/ the shit surrounding America aka the girl you can get so dependent on you that you exploit her into basically becoming a sex slave
so here ya go.....
EsQlwaxW8AAa4mP.jpg
Yeah, this was one of the most discussed content at launch. They had a long discussions with the players and finally decided to alter and fix that particular dialogue. Their initial argument was that you can actually hire slaves in other Fallout games too (like Clover in Fallout 3). But the way they handled America's dialogue was different from just a simple buying a slave from a slaver.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
BBosGNt.png

Another big Fallout modder (the lead of Fallout Miami) I'm glad the Fallout community is taking a stand.

Yeah there's no fucking way some of those people could be working on this for 7 years and not be aware of the content being put in it. This is on the heads of anyone who wrote or did editing for the quest content in this game and gave all that shit a pass.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I get wanting to role-play a legit asshole and that this is doable from the Legion's side of things (whom are in no light seen as possible good guys). But this just comes off as rapey/cringy edgelord shit.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Like I get wanting to role-play a legit asshole and that this is doable from the Legion's side of things (whom are in no light seen as possible good guys). But this just comes off as rapey/cringy edgelord shit.

weird that the game is so cringey and edge lordy and yet you couldn't play as Enclave bc they're "objectively horrible" yet legion is fine sex slavery is fine

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so here ya go.....
EsQlwaxW8AAa4mP.jpg
Yeah, this fella is fucked in the head, miserable and addicted to the worse types of hentai. Maybe even snuff. To think this is what he thought it was not that controversial so he included it in the mod. Disgusting.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
so here ya go.....
EsQlwaxW8AAa4mP.jpg
That's fucked up. It's one thing to feature a storyline about sensitive subjects provided it's done respectfully.

Allowing the player to enslave a minor with dialogue infused with sexual undertone? Fuck no. There's no way no one in the mod team wasn't aware of that. They're all to blame.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their final update from Discord. It is done, the team is gone.
So are they not going to remove the other things that Zu had a hand in? From the interview he did almost all of the Vault Boy icons and even made some armor.
Edit:I'm an idiot and can't read. Says they removed all of his content so I'm assuming that means the Vault Boy icons are gone

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it had a smelly feet line for a almost-legal underage slave. in what world is that ok 😂
lecy4u2dtqc61.jpg

.... I'm not going to kink shame... but why is it that some people just have to be so fucking loud about their kinks that they need the world to listen to them? (aka people can have kinks, but for the love of god I dont need to know about them nor do you need the world to listen to the fact you have them... except the barely legal teen crap... get that the fuck outta here and get some help )

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
That sounded like a furry artist alias or something so I looked it up and yeah.. looks like someone who really likes the child characters from my little pony. Seems similar to what happened with Vivziepop and those new cartoons where people recognized the person behind it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Well....shit.

Guess I'm uninstalling this. What I played so far was good but this is just...yeah.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
And here I was preparing to play the thing, even setup a fresh install of New Vegas.

Sigh... Shouldn't be surprised anymore really, but kind of still am. :(

You don't need this mod to enjoy New Vegas, and if you already have a modded setup/install count yourself lucky you didn't start fresh for this garbage.
JSawyers Mod, a texture replacement mod or two and that's all you should really need.

Still, sad for the rest of the people involved with this mod, but maybe some on the team should have raised an eyebrow if they saw the teenage sex slave throughout development.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Another statement from the ex-project lead. He's not even in that discord anymore.

2I7DzVB.png
"If even a single person has enjoyed the mod then I'm happy"
Gross, no one should enjoy this garbage. If you spent literal years of your life not knowing what your making you fucked up somewhere. There is no excuse. More likely he does know and is trying to slink away. Disgusting