• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone within the Popeyes organization is supposed to project how many damn chicken sandwiches to make. They'll probably just keep selling out instead of having eleventy million sandwiches that nobody wants.

I highly doubt somebody high up at Popeyes is pulling the "make ALL the sandwiches" lever.

There's also probably a couple weeks of lag time between ordering and delivery which is an eternity in social media.
Turning so many customers away is losing them money, so I wouldn't be surprised if the higher ups want to up production.

Jul 18, 2018
I don't know how anyone within the Popeyes organization is supposed to project how many damn chicken sandwiches to make. They'll probably just keep selling out instead of having eleventy million sandwiches that nobody wants.

I highly doubt somebody high up at Popeyes is pulling the "make ALL the sandwiches" lever.

There's also probably a couple weeks of lag time between ordering and delivery which is an eternity in social media.
Turning so many customers away is losing them money, so I wouldn't be surprised if the higher ups want to up production.

The extra ad revenue they have projected to get from this week is pretty insane, around $20 million according to estimates.
The sandwhich being sold out is giving them even more ad revenue because of how much social media has been going insane over it.
The fact that it is widely accepted as tasting good gives them strong legs once it's back in stock, the thirst is going to do them wonders this coming week+

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I went a couple of days ago and they had a sign that said they'd get more on Tuesday but I went there this morning and the sign was replaced with one that said "coming soon".

Oct 29, 2017
Tried to get one last night...knew I would fail and I did.

Ended up going to Arby's......LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID POPEYES! YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Got it, it's good, worth this hype?

Maybe but the spicy one is kinda lame, I want legit spicy chicken.

Everyone going to Popeye's these days:

tenor.gif

Nov 11, 2017
There is a popeyes near my house that I usually go to about once a week. Lately the drive thru line has been stretching into the street and the indoor line out the door. I don't even care about the sandwich, I just want my three piece with red beans. ;(

May 26, 2018
Tried going to get one for lunch yesterday and the entire place was empty and shut down due to being ravaged by the chicken sandwich craze. The employees were just gone. I imagined some kind of decadent, self-destructive zerg rush that took place before I arrived.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I'm clearly going to have to try this thing. I was driving home the other day and the entire right lane of the street was at a standstill. I thought it was an accident, but it turns out it was the line for Popeyes spilling that far out into the road. It was insane. Literally like 50 cars.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is it exactly that makes this sandwich so special? The bread? I'd get it without the sauce because I'm mayonnaise phobic.
Try the spicy version, its some kind of cajun spread. Most likely mayo based but very tasty.

Other than that, its popeyes signature chicken on a bun with a pickle. If you like their chicken thats all there is to it.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Tried going to a Popeyes today, they were out, ended up getting a three piece instead
Going to try to go to 2 more today since my cousin that flew in from France really wants to try one before he leaves

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cracked open the skull of an unsuspecting Popeye's employee and still couldn't find a chicken sandwich inside.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm going through withdrawal. I need another one.

The more I mull it over, Popeye's offering is truly superior. It's categorically better. Bun, chicken, sauce, pickle, price and overall presentation, it's just better. Top to bottom, it is miles ahead of it's competition. It really shows how overrated and basic as hell Chick-fil-A really is.

Funny how Popeye's beat Chick-fil-A at their own game without really even trying and basically out of fucking nowhere. The difference is definitely noticeable in the pickles. The contrast in quality is night and day. There's no contest. Popeye's nearly looks like something you'd make at home, while Chick-fil-A looks like a fast food item.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My local one has had 2 cop cars assigned to it directing/controlling the flow of traffic in and out of it. I went today (again) and people's cars were getting towed because they were parking in plazas to the left and right of Popeye's and walking over. The McDonald's manager next to it was writing people's license plates and calling tow trucks in. A friend of mine and I were seeing people get towed every 10 min or so.

I went 3 weeks ago before it blew up everywhere and I thought it was really good. I've since been 4 additional times (so about 6 times total this month) by myself and with friends. It's best to just park in the plaza and walk inside, the wait was around 30 minute's inside vs 1hr in the drive thru.

I've been "Popeye's out" no more chicken sandwich for me for a good while lol

Oh and fyi the spicy (although not really spicy) is the route to go. The classic is basic af as far as flavor goes.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I thought these were pretty good when we first got them locally about two months ago, but all this hype is fucking crazy. Chick-fil-A is overall better, but comparing them to each other isn't exactly fair.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Praise jesus my store restocked today. They upped the price a dollar though! Now it's $6.99???? Bastards

Oct 28, 2017
A few takeaways....

1. The sudden popularity of these sandwiches has shone a big spotlight on to just how badly managed a lot of these restaurants are. The employees, most of whom are probably used to easy stress-free fucking off at work while dropping some occasional chicken in a fryer have now went from moving 2mph to having to move 60mph and the stress level is unbearable for most of them.

2. Both sandwiches - the plain and spicy are really fucking good.

3. Don't ask to hold the mayo on the spicy. The mayo is the spice, not the breading.

4. Not going to dethrone CFA for me because CFA is run like a well oiled machine and there is one 10 minutes from my house. The nearest Popeyes is at least double the time depending on traffic maybe longer, poorly ran, rude service, and just not worth the trouble unless I'm in the neighborhood.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018

Looks like Popeyes is discontinuing the sandwich til they can figure out the logistics to bring them back full time. Sucks that they had to do this in the middle of sandwich-mania.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A few takeaways....

1. The sudden popularity of these sandwiches has shone a big spotlight on to just how badly managed a lot of these restaurants are. The employees, most of whom are probably used to easy stress-free fucking off at work while dropping some occasional chicken in a fryer have now went from moving 2mph to having to move 60mph and the stress level is unbearable for most of them.

2. Both sandwiches - the plain and spicy are really fucking good.

3. Don't ask to hold the mayo on the spicy. The mayo is the spice, not the breading.

4. Not going to dethrone CFA for me because CFA is run like a well oiled machine and there is one 10 minutes from my house. The nearest Popeyes is at least double the time depending on traffic maybe longer, poorly ran, rude service, and just not worth the trouble unless I'm in the neighborhood.
In regards to your first point, I don't think it's fair to say the restaurants aren't well run because the employees can't keep up. If you increase business by literal orders of magnitude at just about anywhere, it's going to cause chaos.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
You sure? Looks the same from me from the pictures and tasted very similar when I had it.

Much much much more breading than Chick Fil A.
The fry batter is significantly different. Texture, fluffiness and taste are different. I suggest you buy a popeye's chicken wing or strip along with the next sandwich to see, feel and taste how drastic it is.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Feel bad for the employees the last week.. I went twice (once they were sold out of sandwiches) and it was clear they're overstretched. It'd be nice if they get a bonus or something but I doubt that'll happen.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through withdrawal. I need another one.

The more I mull it over, Popeye's offering is truly superior. It's categorically better. Bun, chicken, sauce, pickle, price and overall presentation, it's just better. Top to bottom, it is miles ahead of it's competition. It really shows how overrated and basic as hell Chick-fil-A really is.

Funny how Popeye's beat Chick-fil-A at their own game without really even trying and basically out of fucking nowhere. The difference is definitely noticeable in the pickles. The contrast in quality is night and day. There's no contest. Popeye's nearly looks like something you'd make at home, while Chick-fil-A looks like a fast food item.
ihate pickles in burgers. in chicken sandwiches. in philly cheesestakes. in everything.

but the pickles in this sandwich tasted like chicken. its like what that guy said in the viral tweet. the pickles were made of chicken!

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Popeyes actually used nice fresh looking pickles. They seem cold packed.

The standard pickles (and the ones Chick Fil A uses) were the usual cheap jar shrunken ones.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped by Popeyes near my office today at 11:15 am and there was quite a huge line for chicken sandwiches. The line was not moving because the first few people in line were ordering at least 5 sandwiches per order. I was in line for half an hour and I wasn't originally going to order one, but I decided I had to after waiting so long. I'm damn glad I did because it really is a great sandwich.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1. The sudden popularity of these sandwiches has shone a big spotlight on to just how badly managed a lot of these restaurants are.

This is correct.

The employees, most of whom are probably used to easy stress-free fucking off at work while dropping some occasional chicken in a fryer have now went from moving 2mph to having to move 60mph and the stress level is unbearable for most of them.

This is not. Have you ever worked in food service before, specifically fast food?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next rollout needs to make the spicy version have the spicy chicken, and allow for a Deluxe version with lettuce tomato.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Went to my locals popeyes. Sign that says we are out of them, come back at a later date. Sad face.

Then I order their catfish. Overbreaded and overcooked, Yikes. More sad face. Should had got the spicy 2 piece.

O man, the mistakes I have made today.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my Popeye's after work today. 10 minute wait inside as the drive thru was already a dozen deep. There was a sign saying how the store is only selling them between 11-1 and 5-7 with a limit of 2. Everyone seemed in a good mood which I'd attribute to the store being stocked.

As for the sandwiches, I got one of each though I'm a spicy guy overall. They were pretty good but I feel like I may be missing something on the spicy one. It wasn't spicy and the flavor was not all too different than the regular version. Reading the previous posts, I wonder if I didn't get any of that spicy mayo.

I haven't eaten CFA in a long while though I did want one today to compare.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I went to a mall today and saw the Popeye's there was selling the fake sandwiches, I'd be tight af if I had such a downgrade

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe ppl are freaking out over a spicy chicken sandwich and the chicken isn't even spicy. I feel like this is a joke or meme.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's a chicken sandwich, but the chicken they're using is completely different from the one that's been making everyone go crazy. It's also distinctly smaller too...

It's pretty much false advertising on their part, I saw some customers pissed af when they found out