• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Like either is worth the wait. Can get a better restaurant meal for the time wasted for a trash tier chicken sandwich in the grand scheme of things. Some neighborhood spots can easily beat both.

And as the other person said CFA lines move quick. I'm sure Popeye's is moving at a snails pace inflating those lines.

Popeyes is better than most legendary fried chicken joints tbh

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
The line outside the local Popeye's. The restaurant is like several car lengths to the left

mLYn1UL.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They ran out of sandwiches at my place too. I was heartbroken 😭

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Just got off the phone with my wife, apparently she's on a mission to find me one, even though we haven't had any discussion about it whatsoever. She had one for lunch and "omg babe, you gotta try it". So now she's driving around with her friends on a sandwich quest lmao. Dunno how many stores they're up to now, but it's a bunch.

This thing better be amazing.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Scored two today. One for me and my mother. shit was great. The half hour wait though. Horribly managed store. Let you wait in the drive through line without telling you that you could only order the sandwich inside. People were pissed. A pissed off tight ass Popeyes restaurant isn't fun for most people. It was an experience. But worth it for my snaps alone.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This morning on NBC Today they where reviewing chicken sandwiches. This hype is spreading across the world.
Just got off the phone with my wife, apparently she's on a mission to find me one, even though we haven't had any discussion about it whatsoever. She had one for lunch and "omg babe, you gotta try it". So now she's driving around with her friends on a sandwich quest lmao. Dunno how many stores they're up to now, but it's a bunch.

Wow, sounds like you are a lucky man.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

amazing lol

TRS8088

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jesus, if I saw a line or a wait like some people are reporting I'd just come back some other time. Shit ain't worth it.

Also every Popeyes in my area looks barely able to pass a health inspection.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The line outside the local Popeye's. The restaurant is like several car lengths to the left

mLYn1UL.jpg

Are you sure half of these cars aren't just assuming there's an accident or something ahead? :p

Don't hang out in the street to go to a fast food restaurant, people. If it's too crowded to drive into, just go home.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Mission accomplished! They ended up going to five different stores and finally found some. They got the last 6 from the last batch and gtfo of there before they announced to the line that there was none left. Mission Impossible style. They grabbed two for us and four for her friends. People about to be maaaad..

After meal verdict: This thing is amazing.

..and so's the wife!

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
I tried it last Tuesday, the Spicy is absolutely worth the hype.

It's thick, juicy, the bread is soft, the chicken is crispy. The mayo could have been a bit spicier but that's just personal taste. Plus a little pickle or 2 at the bottom to wrap things up.

I enjoy CFA's Spicy, the meat feels more "authentic" if that makes sense. But man I wish they were crispier! I paid for a spicy, I want some crisp on it! Doesn't quite scratch the itch like Popeye's did. I tried to get one again on Thursday and the line was out the door, so I passed. Maybe I'll try again sometime this Friday.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This chicken has people acting a fool. There's a Popeye's near my job I might try out based on all this hype. But until the hype dies down I'm sticking with the CFA down the street. Even when the line is stacked they can get through people in no time at all, which I know ain't the case for no Popeyes.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if you guys caught what I did about a page back but that right there makes this sandwich better than the CFA one. Without it it's about a 50/50 for me. I'm going to CFA later this week to pick up some sauce then back to Popeye's for the sandwich 🤣

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if you guys caught what I did about a page back but that right there makes this sandwich better than the CFA one. Without it it's about a 50/50 for me. I'm going to CFA later this week to pick up some sauce then back to Popeye's for the sandwich 🤣
Just told my wife this, who is the biggest CFA sauce fan on the planet, she said you violated and you should feel bad.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To quote:
"You can't be cross-contaminating sandwiches, you mad disrespectful. There's rules to this shit. Respect the craft. I'm snitching and telling Popeyes..."
Hahahaha tell her I already @ them on Twitter and snitched on my damn self lol

I shit you not man ya have to try it. It's on another level with the CFA sauce. (Spicy one+CFA sauce)

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
My wife works right next to a Popeyes where she'll grab lunch for us sometimes, and she says it's been absolutely batshit everytime she's out there, and she hasn't not seen the "we're out of the chicken sandwich" sign every single time she's been there. This is pretty nuts, this is like new In-n-Out opening lines but at every location lol.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
This chicken has people acting a fool. There's a Popeye's near my job I might try out based on all this hype. But until the hype dies down I'm sticking with the CFA down the street. Even when the line is stacked they can get through people in no time at all, which I know ain't the case for no Popeyes.

I was trying to get one last week and I was in a drive thru line but before it was my turn to order, I decided to go inside. I found that they were out of chicken sandwiches because the only sign was on the door. I then went to CFA which had three times as long a line but I got through it quicker than the time I spent waiting to even order.

The other thing I noticed with CFA is that the employees really do treat customers a lot better than other fast food places. Kind of crazy when thinking about it directly.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying to get one last week and I was in a drive thru line but before it was my turn to order, I decided to go inside. I found that they were out of chicken sandwiches because the only sign was on the door. I then went to CFA which had three times as long a line but I got through it quicker than the time I spent waiting to even order.

The other thing I noticed with CFA is that the employees really do treat customers a lot better than other fast food places. Kind of crazy when thinking about it directly.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

Probably why I'm a huge Popeyes fan because I generally could give two shits about pleasant customer service interactions. I'm 100% okay with terse or robotic like transactions because I can't ever imagine expecting more from minimum wage fast food employees.

I just want delicious food damn it!

DeepSearch

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Tried for my first taste of one today. Sat in line for about 20 minutes only to be greeted with a sign on the drive thru speaker informing me the location was out of the chicken sandwich. Just in case I didn't get the hint, the person taking the orders had slightly altered their spiel: "Welcome to Popeyes. We don't have the sandwich. What can I get you?" The hunt continues.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, chicken sandwiches are CFA's signature item and there's no way Popeyes could've seen this demand coming.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
alot of famous chefs cosign popeyes

And I've had better. Doesn't really matter if they cosign it. I'm sure they still rate other places higher. For fast food Popeye's is good; however one thing for sure it's not worth a 30 minute wait. There is a lot of fried chicken in a variety of different styles around me that is easily better than Popeye's.

Hell the restaurant I went at tonight it takes 15 minutes at least to cook from order and it's some of the best fried chicken you can get. That's still less than what people are waiting for a sandwich.. it's a little more in cost but you get legitimate sides and bigger pieces of chicken than what Popeye's offers. I can think of at least 3 places in a close radius where it's no competition.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And I've had better. Doesn't really matter if they cosign it. I'm sure they still rate other places higher. For fast food Popeye's is good; however one thing for sure it's not worth a 30 minute wait. There is a lot of fried chicken in a variety of different styles around me that is easily better than Popeye's.

Hell the restaurant I went at tonight it takes 15 minutes at least to cook from order and it's some of the best fried chicken you can get. That's still less than what people are waiting for a sandwich.. it's a little more sure and you get legitimate sides and bigger pieces of chicken than what Popeye's offers.

Ok, I mean that's your opinion. Great. but your statement was...

Lol no. Not sure how you would come to that idea.

and the fact alot of famous chefs cosign popeyes along with his opinion of it is probably how he came up with the idea. whether you agree or not is besides the point.

Also, am I able to go to that restaurant you went to tonight that is UNNAMED? like how readily available is it to me for me if popeyes happens to be my best option? no? well, guess ill just never know then.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Let's have a moment of silence for all the young teens and college kids working at Popeyes right now that are just thinking.....fuck this sandwich.

When I ordered mine, I asked the girl at the register, how fast she thought they'd sell out again. She pretty much said, "not soon enough". Poor thing. I can't remember the last time a single fast food item generated this much actual hype, excitement and traffic.