• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
I have legit experienced this lmfaoo! I was in the drive thru last saturday and people had no idea they would be greeted by a locked door and a sign that said no Chicken sandwiches 😂😂

i have tried 3 different popeyes over this last week (1 near work, 1 near home, 1 in between) and all 3 were out of sandwiches and I just drove off because it was like 12 cars still in line anyway

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This morning on NBC Today they where reviewing chicken sandwiches. This hype is spreading across the world.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
i'm so fucking mad i spent a whole week trying to convince my coworkers to go to popeyes with me

we finally go and they're out

NEVER TRUST YOUR PEERS

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno man, CFA is incredibly overrated. The hype did not come close to the experience when one finally made it out near me in Michigan. Popeye's has always been king IMO.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Popeyes has always been decent, though I'd be down to try this chicken sandwich.

I try not to eat at CFA, even though their chicken sandwiches are tasty.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

"They got a pickle on the chicken sandwich and tastes like chicken!"

The way he delivered it

and when he got on the bed like a kid expecting a bed time story

tenor.gif

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Gotta say, I was ready to be like "all this hype was bullshit" but nope...this chicken sandwich is actually fucking legit better than Chik fila....and I quote this message cause This guy is on point about the Pickle. I Hate pickles on my sandwich. Whenever I goto chikfila I make it my intention to order with no pickles, and sometimes they still give me pickles, and I take em off but can still taste a little bit of the pickle in the bun.

I got 2 spicy chicken sandwiches at Popeyes, I was going to try one with pickle and one without. But after trying it, I actually enjoyed the Pickles on it. Idk why, but the Pickle taste like its part of the chicken, its hard to explain but its on point.

<edit> with that said, I aint waitin in line that long again for it tho....its not worth the wait a second time or after. ill wait till the hype dies down

Last edited:

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My local Popeyes ran out of pickles today. I don't think it's busy enough to run out of chicken.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My cfa was absolutely crazy busy today. Must be all those ppl that couldn't get chicken from Popeyes today. Popeyes blew it

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My cfa was absolutely crazy busy today. Must be all those ppl that couldn't get chicken from Popeyes today. Popeyes blew it

My popeyes had lines all thru the store and drive thru line going all the the hotel next to it...

And after i got my popeyes and drove home, i looked over at chikfila which is on the way home, and their drive thru line was busy as they normally are. They both eatin from this. No pun intended

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I felt so bad for the workers today. That took me back to 29 cent and 39 cent burger and cheeseburger days when I worked at McDonald's.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'll try one of these.. in like December when I'm next near a Popeyes (the one Popeyes by Fenway Park is probably mobbed).

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't busy when I drove by this evening, so I finally gave it a shot. The topping combination and the fried batter is awesome, I'll give them that.

Sadly, most of my sandwich was more crust (and even not fully cooked batter inside) than chicken. Owners of the company aside, I can't fault Chick-fil-A for their quality.

I like Popeyes though, so I'll probably give it another go when things die down a bit and their not cutting corners as much for being swamped or low on stock. If not, it'll be homemade efforts if I need a fix for anything similar.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Got this twice over the weekend no problem and it was fantastic as advertised. Line was normal. I guess this was before the word got out because last night the line was out the door and I said FUCK THAT and went home lol.

Cant wait to be able to normally walk in and get one so that I can experiment with swapping the bun out for a biscuit.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Just went and got some for the family. Took about an hour to get they were so busy. While I was waiting some dude came in and said the other two local stores (each one about ten miles apart) were sold out. They good. Fuck Chick-Fil-A and their weak ass homophobic sandwich.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading these reactions, and picturing in my head some Popeyes exec in Miami going "Why the everloving hell did we not do this YEARS ago?!?"

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I'm on the FUCKING street, in line for Popeye's wtf 🤣

I've had it 3 times in the last two weeks and didn't experience this shit before. I guess social media finally caught up with everyone here (South FL)

IPrAI5t.jpg

I'm not even in front of Popeye's yet, this is insane.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
My location finally ran out today...

The experience was pretty similar to this:

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Damn sold out in my Houston spot. Yall mofos weren't hitting this up 3 months ago when it first came out!

Some ol bull

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do that sneaky shit where you go to the restaurant when you know it's not busy, between lunch and dinner, like 3:30. Nope. Line still backed up to the street and the parking lot was full. Will try again some other time.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I went twice this week. First time hardly a line but second time there were like 8 cars ahead but I still waited lol. Usually when there's a line I dip but that sandwich got me sprung.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
690 calories for the sandwich alone.

Source: I ordered one through the drive through.

Source #2: https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a28771284/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-nutrition/

That's a little steep for me.

I like ordering two sandwiches when I'm at Chick Fil A (440 each) but it's just too many calories to do the same thing at Popeyes.

Maybe I can tell them to hold the mayo or something? It does kinda look like they just slather that stuff on.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything this massive on social media since KFC's Double Down, and that sandwich was just popular for the novelty & how disgusting and fatty it was.

This seem to be just mind blowing quality. Kudos.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I like ordering two sandwiches when I'm at Chick Fil A (440 each) but it's just too many calories to do the same thing at Popeyes.

Maybe I can tell them to hold the mayo or something? It does kinda look like they just slather that stuff on.

I mean, that would probably do the trick. Id imagine the mayo is the extra calories as it seems they put mayo on the top and bottom. But with that said, that spicy mayo they have is the fucking bomb

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

Mayo is what makes the sandwhich spicy.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I've gone through so many stages with this, from "No shit Popeyes is good, why were you going to CFA in the first place?" to "Okay, chill out about the sandwich" all the way to "I wish everyone would shut up about Popeyes."

I haven't even had the damn sandwich, but I guess I'm glad people figured out which is the better fast food establishment?