• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal why you doing me dirty like this?
Capture.jpg
They may be doing you a favor, the only thing dirty is a Popeye's kitchen (at least here in the US) lol

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to try this thing out, but my the Popeye's near my work had a sign that said they were sold out until Thursday.

Jul 26, 2018
The lone Popeyes near me is garbage. I fell for the hype and went to grab one and I am assuming instead of telling me they were sold out, they just slapped two tenders on a stale bun. This isn't what this sandwich is supposed to look like, is it?

hype-cancel.jpg
Hahaahahhaha

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHHAHAa

I'm sorry hahaha. But this is not a suprise at all. It's obvious they made your sandwich like this due to laziness or they're actually out of the the chicken being used for the sandwiches.

Long story short: My sister used to work in our local popeyes over a year ago and she told me how BAD it was. Manager barely cares, coworkers are lazy, and the chicken strips are so demanding that the workers behind the kitchen can't catch up making enough chicken for the next few hours. They fully hand breaded their chicken too if I remember correctly on what she told me.

It's probably one of the reasons why the service is so slow. It doesn't help with the fact that other coworkers usually don't care at all.... she also told me that it was only 1 GUY doing all of this work... 1 man. That's not enough.

Not sure how Chick Fil a operates but there has to be a reason why their service is so dam fast. Not sure if their chicken is prepackaged or they actually hand bread it inside all day long. Either way, still delicious.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by how insanely packed my local Popeyes has been as of late I'm guessing the sandwich has been a success. I went there for lunch today and the amount of cars packing the place was nuts. I didn't even bother with the drive through as it was like 15 cars deep and inside was no different, easily 20 people waiting and another 20 showed up and just walked out after seeing the long wait inside. The sandwich has sold out every time they get it from what the manager was saying.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Tried the spicy sandwich today, it was pretty good. If you want a crunchy and less spicy version of the Chick-Fil-A sandwich (with the bonus of not supporting a homophobic company), this is your bag. CFA still has the better flavor but they don't get my business anymore so this is a fine substitute. Gotta say, Popeye's needs to step their game up with a V2 of the sandwich and knock the spicy mayo shit off. The heat should come from the chicken, not some sauce drenching the bun.

In terms of flavor, this is really just a matter of preference though. How much heat do you want and how crispy/chewy do you like it?

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Popeyes is not good or great fried chicken, it's average at best. Proper local fried chicken spots like we have here in Chicago are a million times better than any of the national chains so I suggest you expand your horizons if you want to experience proper fried chicken.
My man! I'm a regular at Crisp and Split-Rail but The Budlong has some Nashville Hot Chicken that will make your day and ruin your night if you catch my drift.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I went earlier and the drivethrough wrapped around the fucking building. Took like 25 minutes to get through. There was a sign that said they were sold out but at that point I said fuck it I'm eating something from here. I ask how long they were sold out and they said they have them again. I got a spicy chicken and my lord parden me chickfila. It is indeed better, that sauce is delicious. Cant wait to try again when the hype dies down a bit.

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
If I had to rank the spicy sandwiches

BK > CFA > Popeyes > Wendys

Idk but that BK sandwich when nice and fresh is appropriately spicy and delish. CFA is more consistent in taste and I never get it cold. Popeye's was good but it really wasn't spicy the past 2 sandwiches I ate, damn good though. Wendy's is bottom of the barrel, inconsistent in taste in my area and I always get the shit cold.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Third one in two days pray for me brehs, drive thru backed up so got off and everyone ahead of me in line getting the sandwich

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily I tried both before the hype. Drove past 2 popeyes multiples times throughout and the line was way too long each time. Decided to wait in a line 30 minutes ago and they ended up being sold out. This is crazy. Popeyes aint ready.

Add me in with the folks who cant stand the amount of sauce they're using. Put the spice in the breading please. Still the regular without the mayo was absolutely better than any Chik fil A offering.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Has the sandwich hype been caused mostly from commercials or social media? You rarely hear about a fast food item causing this much fanfare

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Has the sandwich hype been caused mostly from commercials or social media? You rarely hear about a fast food item causing this much fanfare
Probably social media and the comparisons to Chik-Fil-A. Even the respective twitter accounts got into the action with them throwing shade at each other.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Went to Popeyes for the first time ever today to try this but they had run out of them by the time I got there. I ended up getting "boneless wings" but I saw a bunch of people just ask for it then leave.

Nov 14, 2017
It always makes me laugh when people say CFA is so amazing, its mediocre chicken with amazing sauce.
Its the equivalent of people saying a steak is amazing with a1 sauce.
I'm glad people like sauce, but it just shows how mediocre the food theyre dipping actually is

popeyes>cfa
No joke I only go to cfa for the sauce. It really is that good

Z1r2y3

Oct 28, 2017

You will never see this type of fuckery at CFA 😂

Even more of a reason to stay away from CFA Popeyes got entertainment😂

Anyway, I hope Popeyes start moving their resources and focus on these chicken sandwiches. I would really love to see CFA go down the shitter seeing how they company is bad and all

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
I've had this a couple of times. It's tasty, but not nearly on the same level as a CFA spicy chicken sandwich imho. Not even close imho.

It does have some tasty pickles on it though.
I totally disagree. Popeyes sandwich has a crunch Chick Fil-As doesn't have. I cant believe how good it is actually.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had the sandwich yet, but I'm genuinely shocked Popeyes is getting trashed for their customer service. The one I've been going to my entire life is probably the most professionally run fast food establishment I've ever been to.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife went to not one, but TWO Popeyes today and they were both out of sandwiches.

SMH this would never happen to CFA. Their chicken factories are powered by homophobia and MAGA, but they run on time(except on Sunday)

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I'm sure they'll get over the hump. They are probably extremely surprised by how popular the chicken sandwich is.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
I had it this morning. Went right at 10am and was the second order of the day. Took about 12 minutes before I got my sandwiches (I ordered a classic and spicy). The person behind the counter told me the reason it takes so long is that they're not allowed to just drop a bunch of sandwich filets in the fryer. They can only do a few at a time apparently. Anyway, I halved both of the sandwiches to see which I preferred and I actually liked the classic better. For $4, it's definitely a good buy and I would bet that as the product matures, they're going to raise it to $5 and say the $4 was the "introductory price". I saved the other halves for tomorrow as air fryer reheating brings sandwiches like this back to life. As far as the comparisons to Chick-Fil-A, I enjoy their sandwiches but I'm not a huge fan to begin with. I like the Popeye's better. In part because it's a heartier sandwich and value proposition matters to me. Anyway, thumbs up.

True, their red sauce is no joke.

Replace their red sauce with their BBQ sauce and mix it with the white sauce and that's the ticket to combo platter bliss.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I do like the spicy sandwich a lot, more than chick fil a's

but I wish they could add spice to the breading like they do with their other spicy chicken

relying on the sauce for all the heat isn't a problem if it has got consistent coverage, which aint always the case

good pickles, tho. thicker cut than most fast food pickles, not tiny and floppy

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a huge difference in quality between Popeye's and Chick Fil A. I'd give the edge to Chick anyway because it's not as overwhelmingly massive as Popeye's but my Chick Fil A stays crazy busy all the time so it's nice to have an alternative.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never quite got the love for CFL's chicken sandwich. It's well made but its a fucking chicken sandwich, if you've had one you've had them all and nothing about it really stands out to me as being worth the weird ardor it produces in some.