• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Upon further reflection, I think I'd grant it a 1b position with CFA's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

It would be a clear-cut number 1 if the sandwich were less greasy, and if the dredge itself were spicy, negating the need for the cajun mayo.

Pretty damn good, though.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Finally tried this. A regular one and spicy.

Spicy was not at all without the lame Mayo (I don't like).

Made these fresh as there was a 15 person line today! Thankfully I beat the rush... But word was spreading

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
You're in the vast minority, and I say that as someone who often asks for condiments/toppings to be held off my fast food orders. If "no mayo" people were a significant market, they'd save the money, put mayo on none of them, and have people who want it ask for mayo on the side.

Respectfully I have to flatly disagree
You're in the vast minority, and I say that as someone who often asks for condiments/toppings to be held off my fast food orders. If "no mayo" people were a significant market, they'd save the money, put mayo on none of them, and have people who want it ask for mayo on the side.

Respectfully I'm going to have to disagree, flatly. For one, vast minority is a severe understatement. Second, I believe fast food chains find it is easier to create a sandwich with the toppings and condiments they think we make the best food item and from there can be easily removed; I think it's less efficient to have a much more basic product and expect the average customer to be proactive in adding things other than maybe cheese. This isn't about a spicy mayo being the best option for the most amount of people according to Popeyes research - it's just their interpretation of a spicy chicken sandwich. In fact, I'd argue they could have it both ways if the chicken breast were spicy and they offered a spicy mayo or another spicy condiment. They have made spicy chicken in different ways before.

Ignoring all of that, I cannot stress enough that having the meat product in a sandwich be spicy is a far better and more consistent approach that doesn't exclude the people who might not like the condiment.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so fuckin good. Never went out of my way to go to Popeyes before but I'm gonna try it this weekend.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I drove through crap traffic today and the first thing they say is they're out of chicken sandwiches. Took a half hour longer to get there than usual... And they're out. Had to settle for kfc.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's generous but man the breading sucks

Overly crunchy and fishy tasting

Piece of cheese could go a long way

May 5, 2018
I'll fuck with this.

But, honestly, the Shake Shack chicken sandwich is SO much better than chic-fil-a. Plus you're not giving money to their agenda.
Dude the Shake shack Chicken Sandwich is pretty incredible! Had one two weeks ago and it was the crispiest chicken patty ever and the chicken and batter were excellent together.

On topic, Popeye's looks solid. I haven't had Popeye's in forever.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I can count on one hand the number of times I have not enjoyed any kind of real fried chicken anything. Even KFC if it's made fresh, is tasty. But spicy fried chicken is my weakness. We have a place (two or three outlets so a chain) in Seattle called Ezell's that does spicy fried chicken tenders that I stick ona. Brioche bun. A quick sauce of mayo, sour cream, crushed garlic, lime juice and Tabasco (or any vinegar-y hot sauce). MY GOD.

Don't waste your time on Ezell's regular (non spicy) and they have bone-in, wings and thighs and breasts and whatnot but the tenders can be immediately bunned for maximal satisfaction. The Ezell's rolls are OK too but too small for a sammich.

Ezell's also had some domestic drama and the divorced husband lost the rights to the name but had his recipe, so there's a rival called "Heaven Sent" which is preachy and also dicked me over by giving my whole order to a delivery service with a slack jawed apologetic shrug, forcing me to wait another 25 minutes while they made my order again. So they're dead to me.

ZeCJhjD.jpg

I've also taken to marinating and sauteeing chicken thighs overnight and then coating 'em in potato starch and panko breadcrumbs and air frying that. AND THEN SANDWICHING THEM.

Pro-tip if you want a change from rolls or buns, then Trader Joe's sliced Brioche White bread is basically the perfect fried chicken vector.

Bruuuh, Ezell's chicken tenders in Wallingford are my jam. I will make this recipe

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I absolutely hate spicy chicken so I'll stick with CFA. I bought some Wendy's spicy nuggets and couldn't even finish one.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished having 2. Only because i wanted to make sure that the first one was a fluke or not. While good, i was disappointed. It felt over hyped, and the spicyness was just not there. The first one first like it had no kick to it, went to another one and same thing. Had the wife give a second opinion and shes not a spice fan like me, and even she was like, its not spicy, just has a tiny tongue kick.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
fuck man

i forgot about these fries, these are tasty

they go cold quick but even cold they are good

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
How often do fast food places typically get shipments? My Popeyes was sold out yesterday and I want to try again today but not if it's unlikely they've had more dropped off.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it today. I don't mess with mayo so had it dry. Wouldn't have mattered though. They ran out of spicy mayo two people before me. It's good. Wish I had gotten more pickles. Now all they need is a killer lemonade.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Longer than usual line, but I got one. It's good. Can't say if it's better than CFA though.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So this has been out for months in my Houston area Popeyes. Houston is never a test market so I'm kinda surprised. Wonder how many other cities/states were able to eat this ahead of time

pxleyes

Oct 25, 2017
Either my Popeye's is shitty in service (a trend) or the spicy isn't spicy at all. Going to give it another go though to see if I can get a spicier one.

Outside of that, Chick-fil-A is utterly fucked. The chicken is bigger, the breading is crunchier, the bun is fluffier and more toasted, and the pickles aren't wimpy thin slices.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Either my Popeye's is shitty in service (a trend) or the spicy isn't spicy at all. Going to give it another go though to see if I can get a spicier one.

Outside of that, Chick-fil-A is utterly fucked. The chicken is bigger, the breading is crunchier, the bun is fluffier and more toasted, and the pickles aren't wimpy thin slices.
It's not like Chick-fil-a is spicy either.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Drove out of my way today to get one to try.

Legitimately the best chicken sandwich i have ever had from a fast food place. If you try it you HAVE to get the spicy Cajun sauce.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Sandwich is really good, unfortunately my local Popeyes are garbage. Quality already dropped significantly on my second order. How the fuck you give me stale bread... bruh.... bruh;_;
Also I wouldn't call it spicy, but it is really good.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Popeye's is on Grubhub near me, but I might drive to get one fresh. There's a hole in me where Chik-Fila used to be.

masud

Oct 31, 2017
Tried the original . Tasty but too much breading. Between that and the buttery bread the sandwich is too rich for lunch, it's more of a drunk at 2 am sandwich. I'm sure the spicy sauce is better at cutting through the fat so I gotta try that. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is still tops for me.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the spicy chicken last night and it was hella good. Still prefer Chick Fil - As spicy but you cant go wrong with either.
It'll probably be my Popeyes staple from here on out.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I fucking love the sandwich, but once you put blackened ranch and especially sweet heat sauce on it, having it regular doesn't hit the same

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sold out. Chicfila sandwich already stays winning. (taste wise, fuck them for their shitty cult beliefs)