• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had Popeyes in like 10 years, just remember it being absolutely disgusting the few times I had it. Literally some of the worst fast food I've ever had. Might give this a shot.

Oct 30, 2017
If
Only the Popeyes in my area wasn't complete shit with incompetent employees that
Don't know how to cook chicken.

Probably won't pull me away from that delicious delicious chic-fil-a spicy sandwich, waffle fries, and cookies and cream shake, but i would like to try one made by COMPETENT people (which my Popeyes doesn't employ....)

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a territorial thing, but they've had these for well over a year here. They are quite good as everything is at Popeye's.

Fourth Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's damn tasty. I liked their take on the po boy previously, but this is a more than adequate replacement. I've had it twice thus far. Pairs well with a sweet tea.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Had these in South ATL for a minute now, and they do indeed slap.

Might just fuck around and retire from CFA/Publix for these.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Canada Popeyes have had chicken sandwiches since they've opened here, is this suppose to be any different than the current ones they offer? I don't see Canadian locations offering this new one with the pickles and brioche.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
They've had this in Houston for a while?

I think it's personally better than Chick Fil A when cooked right

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Popeyes already had better chicken than chick fil-a anyways so this is just icing on the cake. I'll probably trying it out sometime this week.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Chik-Fil-A chicken sandwiches. They taste great.

But right now I'm eating this Popeye's one? And bruh, it's better! It's a bigger sandwich, higher quality chicken in look and taste and besides that it's cheaper. My local Popeye's is a few buildings down from the Chik-Fil-A and the Popeye's combo is cheaper than the CFA one. Basically it's all around better in every single way to me. Hell, I don't even have to deal with those insane CFA lines too?

Thanks for this thread, I'm glad I'll be getting these from now on!!

Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Cajun sauce still taste like mayo?

I need something new as my go-to since the Popeyes around here got rid of their cream gravy :(

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
My store said they aren't available until the 16th
giphy.gif

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just tried it. its excellent. like 100% better than their poboy chicken sandwich.

chicken is of course much tastier than the bland spicy chicken at wendys, kfc, mcdonalds and chickfila. spicy sauce is good and bun is ok. i want to try it with the mayo next.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Sounds good. Especially the bun. Problem for them is the one nearest to me is about 25 miles away and Chik fil A has 3 restaurants within 5 miles.

Wow, you're worse off then me! My Chick-Fil-A's the closest from where I live (At a 1.3 mile driving distance/25 minute walking distance), while one of the Popeyes locations is from a 3.6 mile driving distance (on the west side of a busy road) & the other one being from a 4.2 mile driving distance (on the east side on the same busy road).

Key ingredient to chik-fil-a chicken (not hating before I get those responses lol but I'm sure many people aren't fans of it) is MSG.

And you can easily make a copycat Chick-Fil-A sandwich without all of that MSG in general.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
We don't do a lot of fast food, but no one was feeling like putting in effort last night so I grabbed a combo meal to split. The spicy chicken and the fries were both pretty good.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're bugging. This is way better than Chik-Fil-A's sandwich and I grew up in a town where there was three Chik-Fil-As within walking distance.

From the size of the sandwich to the price -- it's just a better deal all around, too. I'm not alone that belief.

Cool, I prefer the CFA version. Much spicier, better flavor. Only wish it came with sauce. I just get a packet of the hot sauce they have and use that.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The size of the sandwich is great and very tasty. I would put it above CFA at this point. I will see if they stay this way, with new fast food items quality seems to dip some after the initial window.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes gives me diarrhea. I've been a fan of this Korean style fried chicken by my house. Also chik fil a > Popeyes

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Had one last night and it was incredible. One of the best fast food chicken sandwiches I've ever had.

Question, because I do feel I may have been lied to. Do they have both spicy chicken and regular chicken breasts? We were told that all of the chicken was regular, but the spicy cajun mayo is what made the spicy chicken sandwich spicy. I have a feeling they may have just been out of spicy chicken breasts, though.

Nov 9, 2017
Willing to give Popeyes another shot. Last time I had it the chicken strips were dry and tough like leather. I like crispy strips, but these were dry and stale. Felt like they could have cut the roof of my mouth lol. Red beans and rice and cajun mashed potatoes were pretty good though IIRC.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Had one last night and it was incredible. One of the best fast food chicken sandwiches I've ever had.

Question, because I do feel I may have been lied to. Do they have both spicy chicken and regular chicken breasts? We were told that all of the chicken was regular, but the spicy cajun mayo is what made the spicy chicken sandwich spicy. I have a feeling they may have just been out of spicy chicken breasts, though.
This is true the only thing that changes is the sauce. I have had both the spicy and regular versions.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

interesting. i only have spicy chicken thighs from popeyes and the patty was definitely spicy.

Does it come with a side of attitude?
more like with a side of ineptitude. i have really bad luck with them getting my orders right, and yesterday was no exception. they did get the sandwich orders right but decided that i needed a breast piece instead of a thigh piece even i literally said two spicy thighs with a side of fries.

this happens literally all the time. mcdonalds gets orders wrong every now and then but popeyes almost always gets them wrong. I always order two spicy thighs with a side of fries, and sometimes i get breast pieces, sometimes wings, sometimes they forget to include fries, sometimes they refuse to give me spicy version. its shocking how poor their workers are. im all for $15 minimum wage but if you cant get simple orders like this right you dont desreve a single dollar an hour.