• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
I saw an article too that McDonald's franchisees are BEGGING for a better Chick-fil-a competitor. And another thread that Chick-fil-a was absolutely dominating the fast food country in terms of sales per square foot. They are on top right now.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
How big is this thing? I don't want to pay $4 for this and it's like the size of a McChicken.

Dude Guy

Oct 27, 2017
They've had this sandwich on the menu for at least a month now, here in NYC anyway. Shit is bangin, yo

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I tried this months ago at Popeyes. It's really good and compared to CFA, they give you a lot more chicken in the sandwich. CFA notoriously gives you a thin slice of chicken but Popeyes doesn't cheat you

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man and Wendy just brought back the spicy nuggs.

I vowed not to eat Popeyes since I just dont like their food. But cool people have an option other then Chick-Fil-A

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Feel like they've had the Chicken Sandwiches in Canada since they opened here, and they are delicious.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i tried both of these (reg and spicy)

the bun is wonderful, i like that they're generous with pickles

but regular had too much mayo tbh, i didn't like it too much. the cajun spread should come standard - spicy was better

chicken is about what you'd expect, the filet could be larger, it's honestly kinda thin and the batter fry is what's making it big; it's kinda like a fish sandwich in that regard... you have to be in the mood for it

but the biggest issue i encountered with both my sandwiches is that they were kinda just lukewarm, despite being double-wrapped in foil n stuff. it needed to be a lot hotter.

i'll have to try again but Wendy's Spicy BBQ Chicken is way better imo, and I don't think this'll dethrone Chick Fil A for the masses for the fry/fish-batter texture reasons I mentioned

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
wife had this on what must've been launch day (we didn't know it was launch day). she now swears by it. instant convert.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to try it, but I already ate a CFA spicy today; and we don't have a nearby Popeyes.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw an article too that McDonald's franchisees are BEGGING for a better Chick-fil-a competitor. And another thread that Chick-fil-a was absolutely dominating the fast food country in terms of sales per square foot. They are on top right now.

They better get on their customer service game too then because McDonald's are shit in that department in general. People consistently rate CFA's staffing and service as being one of the big draws, not just the chicken.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I have never seen a person get defended the way that mediocre bog standard chicken sandwich does.
It's genuinely wild how much people are willing to sacrifice their morals (or I suppose reveal they don't have them in the first place) for bad food.

Anyway I've been meaning to check out Popeye's so maybe this'll be my impetus. I like a good fast food fried chicken now and again.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ohh I wonder if my local popeyes has started stocking these. Gonna try one tonight if they do.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They better get on their customer service game too then because McDonald's are shit in that department in general. People consistently rate CFA's staffing and service as being one of the big draws, not just the chicken.
Same with In n Out. Clean restaurants, good service, consistent product is what a lot of these crappier chains are missing. In n Out and Chick fil A are two of the few that do that part right.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Chick-fil-a's is great with pepper jack and Polynesian sauce. Not sure if Popeyes has those options. Popeye's chicken has been absolutely awful every time I've tried it (and there are none near here), but might give this a try next time I'm near one.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I had a standard popeyes chicken sandwich last week, and can confirm that it not only beats the CFA sandwich, but it completely nukes it from orbit.

It was shockingly amazing. You're essentially eating a standard popeyes fried chicken breast but without any of the bones/cartilage. It's a "real" fried chicken breast. Same batter, same crunchiness, same flavor, meat is just as juicy and delicious, but now it's on a bun with pickles.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
chick fil a's spacy chicken is crap anyways.

Wendy's was better when I ate carbs.

Popeye's blackened chicken is top notch. Kinda expensive tho, and takes a while.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My sandwich didn't look anything like the one in the picture, but for $4 it was pretty damn good.

Last edited:

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My sandwich didn't anything like the one in the picture, but for $4 it was pretty damn good.
right? it's a lighter, flakier, more yellow batter that I got... like Captain D's

the promo pic makes it look like it's traditional Popeye's chicken breast on a bun, but that's not at all what I got

maybe it depends on the Popeyes, but I was expecting a sandwich like the picture, and I was left disappointed

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I've only had Popeye's once but I remember it being pretty good. This looks yummy so I might need to make a return trip.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I went to my Popeye's yesterday and they told me they won't have them until September 1 here. FML. Guess I'll just stick to the spicy Asiago Ranch Club at Wendy's for a couple weeks.

Can someone who has had one confirm if they're dill pickles or disgusting bread & butter pickles?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They had a spicy chicken sandwhich years ago and it was damn good.

I don't like when they put all that shit on a chicken sandwich,

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Ok I literally just consumed one. My verdict - RIP Chic fil A.

The sandwich was HUGE and super juicy. I got the spicy one. Super good.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That pic in the op looks horrible. That was the best pic they could provide?

I may still give it a try but cfa is hard to beat

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
right? it's a lighter, flakier, more yellow batter that I got... like Captain D's

the promo pic makes it look like it's traditional Popeye's chicken breast on a bun, but that's not at all what I got

maybe it depends on the Popeyes, but I was expecting a sandwich like the picture, and I was left disappointed
Yeah I have one by my work and I did get it close to closing so I'll give it another try before I make my final verdict.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Popeyes is pretty bleh and expensive for no reason here and KFC is barely edible. Is Chick-fil-A really that good? Theres one near my area, I've never eaten there.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes is pretty bleh and expensive for no reason here and KFC is barely edible. Is Chick-fil-A really that good? Theres one near my area, I've never eaten there.

I personally love Chick-Fil-A's food but I don't eat there because of their stance. It's a shame because for some Reason, there is no other fast food place that even comes close to emulating their style of chicken.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes and Wendy's have better chicken than Chik a fil.

Prove me wrong.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The sandwich is really good which made me happy since I can't go to anti-lgbt Chick-fil-A anymore.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I've had this a couple of times. It's tasty, but not nearly on the same level as a CFA spicy chicken sandwich imho. Not even close imho.

It does have some tasty pickles on it though.

You're bugging. This is way better than Chik-Fil-A's sandwich and I grew up in a town where there was three Chik-Fil-As within walking distance.

From the size of the sandwich to the price -- it's just a better deal all around, too. I'm not alone that belief.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good but the Popeyes near my area are terrible.

Mine too. One time I ordered blackened chicken to try it out and the cashier had no fucking clue what I was talking about.
"Do you mean spicy chicken?"
"No the blackened chicken." I point at the screen. She looks at the screen.
"Oh you mean spicy chicken. Anything else?"