• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Sun Holdings Inc., which operates about 150 Popeyes locations, will offer the item beginning in early November, according to Chief Executive Officer Guillermo Perales. To prepare, the restaurants are hiring additional 400 employees and may dedicate up to two people per store to make the sandwich, he said.

The item became a sensation when it debuted in August. But what should have been a triumph for Popeyes became a headache: Employees couldn't keep up with demand, hurting morale, and supplies soon ran out.

Demand far exceeded what was available, Perales said. "The first time they weren't ready," he said.

"Our franchisees have worked to increase staffing," Restaurant Brands said in a statement. "We have been working diligently to bring the sandwich back to our restaurants soon, as we know our guests are anxiously anticipating its return."

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More people trained in 1 week will surely help their already stellar customer service.

But for reals though, this is exciting. I missed the boat last time.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Still haven't tried one of these yet. But I am not waiting 30 minutes in line for a chicken sandwich. Hopefully hype wont be as crazy as last time.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's been gone since then?! I haven't been back but I thought it was supposed to come back a few weeks ago

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The hype is dead, aint no one going to be flooding Popeye's like they were months weeks ago.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
they never offered it at the popeyes here in toronto. is it actually good? like to warrant all this hype?

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canadian popeyes chicken sandwich probably has ketchup or some shit on it. Get outta here.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
The only Popeye's in my city went out of business last year. Was never impressed with their food, but I am not sure if that was because our local one sucked.

May never get to try one of their sandwiches.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Literally the best chicken sandwich i ever had. I only had one though because I had no idea how quickly it would be gone.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
Nice. We hardly ever eat out but split one of those sandwiches on a whim before they went crazy. We were both like, hey, I'd eat this again. Which is saying a lot from us. I don't know about the classic but the spicy was very nice. If I get another, I hope it holds up to my memory.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About damn time. I have a friend who asks me almost weekly "when are they bringing the sandwich back" 🤣

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Customers
311baea5-bc6f-450f-a5a2-de0d680c1ef9

Has it been missing for weeks?????
Yeah. Every time I go it's got a big 'Be Back Soon' sticker over the chicken sandwich and an empty plate sticker near the drive thru window. They're even offering a notification system to let you know when the sandwich is back.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I agree with the posters saying this won't last as a phenomenon. People only crowd for chicken sandwiches when there's plausibly deniable associations with bigotry behind it