• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Tried one the other week, it was pretty good. Definitely something I'd have again if I had one near by.

However, it was a lot smaller than I thought. All the videos I saw made it seem massive but in real life it was Big Mac sized.
I don't know when those videos were made but the sandwich is definitely smaller this go around compared to earlier in the year. Slightly disappointed when I got mine the other day. The huge size of the original was part of the appeal. Not to mention they upped the price..

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when those videos were made but the sandwich is definitely smaller this go around compared to earlier in the year. Slightly disappointed when I got mine the other day. The huge size of the original was part of the appeal. Not to mention they upped the price..
Ah, no wonder. That's bullshit.

I remember seeing some size by size comparisons to Chick-fil-A's and it was significantly bigger. The new one is small enough that after eating the fries and the sandwich, I was still hungry.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty decent chicken sandwich for $3.99. Other than that I don't really understand why people lost their minds over it. I sure as hell wouldn't wait 15-30 minutes for one like people were doing in August.

When I went in on Monday, they had giant stacks of 20-30 sandwiches sitting under a heat lamp, ready to be handed out. I was skeptical of getting a heat-lamp sandwich, but it was surprisingly good, hot, and crispy even after sitting out for who knows how long.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I actually tried this the other day, and I like it - more than Chik-Fil-A at least. Spicy mayo, crispy chicken, and I got it with extra pickles. And the lines are no joke - drive through wrapped around the building. They sold out shortly after I ordered my two ...

If this continues, they are going to have to learn how to beef up their infrastructure to support. CFA may be a fast food place, but they really have it together when supporting the lunch rush. Popeyes is a mess in comparison

Oct 25, 2017
It was actually good when I tried it at a mall.
A little bigger than I thought, and tastier than I anticipated.

Last edited:

someday

Oct 25, 2017
The Popeye's by my house sells these daily for 3 hours between 11- 2pm. Been twice and they're surprisingly good.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's going on, but they seem to be getting smaller and smaller where I live. When I got it a couple weeks ago when they first came back, the bun could barely contain the chicken. Since then, the chicken has been smaller. The last one I had being so pathetically small, that it felt like I was only eating a bun. The combination of the trash customer service and other fast food options being in the area. I probably won't be going back. I loved it the first time but the quality is getting worse.

Dropped by and had one today. There was this lady screaming that she should have gotten her chicken sandwich by now and that she wanted her money back, then started yelling calling the employees "bitch ass hoe motherfuckers" and then said she was gonna call the police. Then the employees gave her some cash and she walked out saying nearly every profanity imaginable and slammed the door. I don't know what exactly happened there but my sandwich was good.

People have lost their minds.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
getting tired of waiting for lines to chill. might just go to CFA for my chicken sandwich needs until the new year
If they actually have the sandwiches I would wait at least once so you can try it before they sell out again. Dallas area has been dry for over a week now. It's only a matter of time.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got one today...

It's okay. I still prefer BK's spicy chicken sandwich over Popeyes, Wendys and CFA.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I know it's the Popeye's thread but I will, once again, stan the BWW version (with no cheese) if you're unable to get the Popeye's one and have a Buffalo Wild Wing nearby. The one I got last Saturday had a huuuuge fuckin piece of chicken

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
Went to Popeyes for lunch. No line maybe three cars ahead of me. Excited I ordered the spicy chicken, said make it a meal with mashed potatoes and sweet tea.

pull up grab my food get home and lo and behold not only did I not get the spicy chicken sandwich I don't even get the mashed potatoes.

the chicken sandwich bag had the "spicy" sticker on it but it had NO PICKLES or Spicy sauce

and the box that would have held my mashed potatoes and biscuit had chicken strips...
Every time I go to Popeyes they mess things up.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I won't count how many of these I've eaten since they came back.

Easily the best fast food chicken sandwich. Obviously, would get smoked by restaurant/homemade.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had it last night for the first.

Got a spicy chicken sammich, fries, and a biscuit for like $8. It was also delicious and 100% better than CFA.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Went to Popeyes twice over the weekend and got the spicy sandwich both times. Damn they were amazing. And huge as well, didn't expect them to be that big. Definitely better than the CFA sandwich.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
The sandwich tastes better every time I taste it.

That fucking batter that they use, good god.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had my first one last week. Immediately had another. I've had one since then and one at home waiting for me in the fridge.

Fucking love it. I'm an extremely picky eater and even the CFA chicken sandwich I get with no pickles. But for this one at least the spicy version, I go all in with the sauce and pickles. It all comes together so beautifully.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys still getting these? Dallas has been sold out since 2 days after they came back with it. I can't find any information as to why. Stores just never have it. Really infuriating.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
While I find the spicy sandwich great I just can't justify frequenting Popeyes at the moment. Went 4 days ago and there were only 3 cars in line so I was excited, took 30 minutes to get my damn food. Drove by yesterday and saw a line wrapped around the building that wasn't moving.

Buying fast food isn't an event to me. I want something good and fast. Popeyes is severely lacking in the fast portion of fast food. If I want actual fried chicken I'll go to Bojangles from here on out.