• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was the only person in the drive-thru at my local Popeye's. Got in the sandwich with no trouble at all. Got sides of fries and mac and cheese which were pretty bad, but I did actually like the sandwich quite a bit!

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Just had it, damn good sandwich. Loving how crispy it is.

Not worth the insane fervor tho since I live in Chicago. Quite a few local restaurants here that have some insane chicken sandwiches.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
45 minute wait... couldn't do it, hopped outta line cause I was low on gas. Probably would have kept going if not for that though lmao.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it good? Yes

Is the spicy good? Yes but you need a decent amount of the mayo and they need to make the chicken itself spicy

Better than CFA? Potentially especially because I feel like CFA actual chicken size can be kinda skimpy, but I like that CFA makes the actual chicken spicy.

Worth the hype? Yes in that it's potentially the best fast food chicken sandwich.

Worth the wait? Nah fam, but IMO fast food is called FAST food for a reason. It's not a sit down restaurant, but the wait times are.

Oct 27, 2017
Took the opportunity to finally try this sandwich (both classic and spicy) as we went drove through Manteca, CA. Even for a small town the wait took about 15 minutes. Moist, crispy enough, tasty. I'll eat this in the future but not while the viral fervor is still going on.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to get it during lunch, line wrapped around the building and into the road with probably 30 cars waiting in line. We tried parking twice in adjacent plazas and figured we'd just walk over there. Within seconds people ran over and started yelling that we cant park here and they're calling the tow truck

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, this did not even begin to live up to the hype. Flavorless fast food fried chicken. Barely any sauce. A whole pickle. Seriously?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The one by my house had a line wrapped around the store 15 minutes ago. Normally I'd only have to wait one car deep at most.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I had half of one.

What the fuck was the fuss all about? It was pretty mediocre, and I say that as someone who LIKES Popeye's chicken.

Then again, I didn't care too much for Ecto Cooler or McDonald's Szechuan Sauce.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Got to one right as they opened at 10:30a today. I was 15th in line and got my Sammy.

It was good. It's like a bigger version of their tenders. Same breading and seasoning. Nothing special.

CFA still the king.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how frequently they restock? Is it a daily thing?
My local one closed down hours early yesterday because they were out, I don't know if I should bother driving by it again today or not.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I had one like 3 day's before it got nationally popular, thanks era, and it was great, but I hate lines and I'm very impatient, so I guess I can't have my biweekly 3 spicy tender meal for a couple weeks

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
lmao I dropped by my local Popeyes on the way home from work and the line was around the block. Halfway through they yelled out "we're out of sandwiches!!!" met with a lot of disgruntled grumbling from potential sandwich eaters. I just peaced out and got some ramen.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This year's Tickle Me Elmo is really going to be this chicken sandwich, isn't it.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oh man the Popeyes crew fight video was epic. When one dude grabbed the fryer I lost it, then when he threw the flour i lost it again!

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling y'all quit playing with your safety and just order these for delivery already.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I finally got to try one and it was good but jeez people are out here going nuts for this thing. The line was out the door lol