• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Curious what y'all think of the new Kesha album. I adored Rainbow and am really lukewarm on most of the tracks here. Not sure if it'll grow on me or not.

"Tonight" is just an obnoxious song and a bad way to start the album.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt care much for the album. It feels very watered down from her party music and the emotional stuff from Rainbow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious what y'all think of the new Kesha album. I adored Rainbow and am really lukewarm on most of the tracks here. Not sure if it'll grow on me or not.

"Tonight" is just an obnoxious song and a bad way to start the album.

Only listened to it twice so far but it's probably her weakest album. It's not bad per se, it just feels like B-sides and half-cooked ideas from the last two albums, Rainbow in particular. Those two albums are just so full of memorable tunes from the first listen already, this one I'm struggling to remember a song I wasn't thinking "yeah this could have been better if...". Feels like not enough time passed and she just didn't develop the album that much.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Only listened to it twice so far but it's probably her weakest album. It's not bad per se, it just feels like B-sides and half-cooked ideas from the last two albums, Rainbow in particular. Those two albums are just so full of memorable tunes from the first listen already, this one I'm struggling to remember a song I wasn't thinking "yeah this could have been better if...". Feels like not enough time passed and she just didn't develop the album that much.
Yeah, that sounds like a good way to put it. If I find the time I"ll give it another spin today at work, but otherwise I"ll take the CD back. I decided it might be best to listen before I took the plastic off :P

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where the fuck is stupid love

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What a beautiful little album. Never heard anything from Allie X before that I recall, but this is such a lovely release. Absolutely adore Sarah Come Home.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
randomly remember a bunch of mega bops from the mid 2010s.

Everything is Embarrassing by Sky Ferreira
I Will Never Let You Down by Rihanna's understudy
Losing You by Solange

good times, the plug.dj days

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Stupid Love is... not it. Song sounds really dated, video looks really cheap and that choreo is stiff.

Do better, Gags!

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Love the song and is so happy she's back

Video is a mess but in a cute way that its supposed to be a mess so she wins all round tbh
she better go on a world tour because honestly I'll give her my coins 3x over

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Artpop was an amazing album and Gaga probably wouldn't have gone full country if people had had some taste and recognized its greatness back then. I'm still salty over it being snubbed and discarded.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Artpop was an amazing album and Gaga probably wouldn't have gone full country if people had had some taste and recognized its greatness back then. I'm still salty over it being snubbed and discarded.

This tea... But Jewels & Drugs...

But yeah, it's a good pop album and people missed out. Applause is a great statement.

Also, I wouldn't completely say it's not on Gags, the Artflop flopage. Working with a known rapist, the vomit presentation, her mental health in interviews... She's in a much better place now though so happy for her.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This tea... But Jewels & Drugs...

But yeah, it's a good pop album and people missed out. Applause is a great statement.

Also, I wouldn't completely say it's not on Gags, the Artflop flopage. Working with a known rapist, the vomit presentation, her mental health in interviews... She's in a much better place now though so happy for her.

True, Do What U Want is such an amazing song, forever tainted because of that featuring. Thank god a solo version of it exist.
And also this amazing one:

Last edited:

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everybody. I know I'm not a regular around here but I thought folks around here would appreciate Jessie Ware's new song Spotlight.

I also made a little thread discussing her upcoming album if someone would like to start a conversation about it.
Some people would assume that I'm just doing this so my thread doesn't flop into oblivion and they would be totally right.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hello everybody. I know I'm not a regular around here but I thought folks around here would appreciate Jessie Ware's new song Spotlight.

I also made a little thread discussing her upcoming album if someone would like to start a conversation about it.
Some people would assume that I'm just doing this so my thread doesn't flop into oblivion and they would be totally right.

We love a good self-promo! I'll go check it out.