• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pwrshll

Oct 27, 2017
You incur the risk when choosing to watch a movie with 50-100 strangers at a venue known for serving snacks.

This. For better or worse, snacks are a part of the theater experience. Don't like it? Wait a week or two so that the theater is less full or wait for it to be available on digital/disc so you can watch it in the comfort of your popcorn-less home.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I don't really mind popcorn, usually don't notice it. Talking, Phones, and kicking against the seat are the reasons I rarely go to the movies anymore.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I hate it when people complain about eating sounds at the movie theatre. You're sitting in a room with 50 other people, there's gonna be some god damn sound. Don't take movies so seriously you grouchy bastards.

Oct 26, 2017
I've stopped eating popcorn at major chains as whatever chemicals they put in it makes me feel like shit afterwards.

But you bet your ass I'm sneaking a snack in or at least buying a soda.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
There are cinemas with closed bags. Also, people bring food from outside. Like candy bars and snacks.

Next thing you know, they are bringing a whole fucking buffet.

US theaters sell candy bars and snacks.

Now you gonna say people shouldn't have booze in the theater because they're being" disrespectful".

Get over yourself lol.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
What in the world. If it really upsets you THIS much, you need to just stay home and watch it. Movie theaters are like known to be places where people are going to be eating popcorn and snacks while they're watching the movie. I'm amazed this isn't a joke thread.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you're the guy who yells at people for standing up at concerts, ain'tcha?

OP
OP
esseesse

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
What in the world. If it really upsets you THIS much, you need to just stay home and watch it. Movie theaters are like known to be places where people are going to be eating popcorn and snacks while they're watching the movie. I'm amazed this isn't a joke thread.

What will I do about Star Wars spoilers?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I completely agree OP

I seem to always end up sitting beside someone eating popcorn incredibly loud and it ruins movies. I have to look forward until halfway into the movie when they've eaten the entire bag.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Going to the movies in the US is such a weird contrast to what I am used to when I grew up in small town Norway. There, we'd sit on wooden chairs with a projector that was halfway aimed at a sheet, while the woman at the ticket booth would tell you the ending to the movie and compare Rush Hour to Casablanca. Best snacks we'd get was pork rinds that were 6 months old.

First time I saw a movie after moving to the US people were ordering beer, getting like full meals stinking up the theater and hollering jokes at the screen. Things that would get you murdered back home.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
At least you didn't have to see A Quiet Place like that

Waited like a month to see it just because of this. Doesn't drive me crazy in most movies because I usually see loud action flicks at the theater and people enjoying themselves isn't the end of the world. But sometimes it sucks lol.

I remember seeing War For the Planet of the Apes and the dude next to me was eating nachos the ENTIRE time, he left 3-4 times during the movie to get more nachos. Just that movie specifically, it really bugged me smelling and hearing nachos the entire way through lol it really took me out of the expirence

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I prefer a local theater that serves full blown-ass meals and alcohol, including nachos. So I guess I have just learned to drown out the sound of noisy food while watching a movie.

Worse, by far, are talkers (pronounced like how The Hound calls motherfukers talkers) and people who have the audacity to look at their bright-ass phones during a movie - even text or take calls. If I was dictator of the world I'd secretly hide in theaters once a month, and when people did that I'd have my Imperial Guard hold them down while I took a runny dump in their ear.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
When I went to see Gravity in the theater, someone loudly chewed on their popcorn at the start of the movie. Some guy said "I didn't know there was popcorn in space!" and the whole theater laughed.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sneak pizza into the theater. No one ever knows, they never notice the slices hanging outta my pants.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You people have weird fucking hangups about everything, be it eating popcorn in theaters, putting ketchup on food, having pecan ice cream, or whatever the fuck. I can't shake my head any fucking harder when I visit this forum otherwise I'll break my neck.

OP
OP
esseesse

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
You people have weird fucking hangups about everything, be it eating popcorn in theaters, putting ketchup on food, having pecan ice cream, or whatever the fuck. I can't shake my head any fucking harder when I visit this forum otherwise I'll break my neck.

Putting ketchup on food pisses nobody. You can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't bother others.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to go eat popcorn at the movie theater and the fucking screen was too bright and the sound was unavoidable. Fuck the movie screen at a movie theater.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I sneak pizza into the theater. No one ever knows, they never notice the slices hanging outta my pants.

I once watched a woman silently cut up steak and potatoes in the theater. It was the movie "The Artist" too.

I kind of think all the people eating movie theater popcorn are chumps when a local CVS or dollar store can provide all the snack choices one needs at a quarter of the price. Can't pass up a deal like that

But yeah OP ya gotta chillax. You were seeing Alita it is meant to be a rollicking rollercoaster of fun.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Back before alcohol was a thing at the movies, my cousins and I snuck a case of beer into Harry Potter on Thanksgiving night. The theater had stadium seating and about halfway through, one of my cousins knocked over about half a dozen empties down the aisle. So embarrassing. This was Harry Potter 1 and we've since grown up so don't yell at me!

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
I find this hilarious because when I watched it max 20 people in an 3D XD theatre. We had this little boy slurping on a slushie constantly but you could barely hear anything over the milquetoast soundtrack. I would of just moved ten feet away. Sounds like that don't travel very far.

If you are this susceptible to mild annoyances you probably shouldn't be in public places. Especially when they serve food. Or at least go to the latest showing.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that someone would complain about the sound of popcorn at the movie theater. It's you. If you can't handle the sound of people eating popcorn at a movie theater, wait and watch it at home.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you're taking going to the movies too seriously. Eating popcorn and other snacks is what people have always done at the movies.

Dec 2, 2017
I hate popcorn at the movies cos it always salty and salty popcorn is garbage but other eating stuff is fine, its part of the cinema experience and if you don't like it then watch movies at home I guess?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you live, and which theater do you go to?

I don't even eat popcorn during movies, but now I want to sit right next to you and order the biggest bucket they available so I can eat them right next to you.

I'll even make the nom nom nom sounds while eating.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
L7yow9.gif

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Never go to an AMC Dine-In, you will hate it. They serve full meals, alcohol, and even popcorn. Everyone I know who goes there, thinks it's the best. They have some really fantastic burgers there for an actually decent price. I got the AMC A-List subscription so I always grab a burger since I'm not paying as much per ticket anymore. But I also go at 11 at night and am the only one in the theater half the time.

I think the problem is that certain moviegoers are going for the full cinematic experience, and theaters don't cater to that so much anymore. They make their margins on food and snacks, and they are trying to maximize profits. For someone looking to solely watch a movie for cinematic reasons, US theaters are becoming less and less the place to do that.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Just stay home if you're gonna get that worked up about it. You're seeing a movie in a public space where food consumption is encouraged. You're the problem in this scenario, not the other movie goers.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Don't go to the fucking movies then if you're going to be pissed about somebody having snacks during a movie. They have the damn volume up so high anyways I'm surprised some popcorn munching can be heard over it.

Jul 18, 2018
Screw this bs, food is part of the theater experience for almost every major chain. However i do eat nachos really slowly and loud if someone close by rolls their eyes because im eating food, yea screw you.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
OP how does it make u feel that I eat my popcorn like 7-8 pieces at a time? I'll also lean over to the person next to me after each preview and tell them how good that movie looks

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always get popcorn, I would feel short changed if I didn't!

Usually eaten them the time the title hits then screen though šŸ˜‚

Teenage girls though! Now that is annoyance! They talk and talk all the way through!

Often someone tells them to shhhh then they giggle and start again after 10 minutes

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I grew up poor. I basically had a choice between seeing three movies without refreshments or one with. I went for door number one, so I never got into the habit of eating during a movie. I don't even do it in my home theater.