• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So essentially we are the bad guys terrorizing the rest of the world with our fascist principles. God, wtf has America become with these fuckwads in charge.
In the 35 years I have been alive it has been like this, only difference is that previous administrations where far more tactful and subtle about it. you guys have never been "the good guys"

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
America's strategy is to assassinate foreign generals and leaders as a deterrent? What in the living fuck timeline are we in? That's something dictators and evil regimes do.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
In the eyes of a good portion of outsiders? No. A lot of the world (including the USA's allies) has looked at the US with varying levels of distrustful wariness, distaste, outright hostility and/or quiet ridicule for decades - we rely on the US because we have to, not because we like to - even here in Australia and we're basically USA Light. The US has always been the way the US is now, it's just that these days it's getting a brighter light shone on it which is causing some of the American Exceptionalism flavoured rose-tinted glasses that the majority of Americans seem to be born with to crack somewhat.

America's strategy is to assassinate foreign generals and leaders as a deterrent? What in the living fuck timeline are we in? That's something dictators and evil regimes do.
I mean... yeah. This is not new territory for the USA. The CIA has been a blight on the rest of the world since it was formed.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
US casually threatenting global extra legal executions is very cool
The US has been doing it for years and years, I mean, that's what the drone wars are.
Now don't get me wrong, I trust Trump and Pompeo's judgment on that even less that I trusted Bush's, but it still was always the case that the president of the United States decides they want someone dead in a country that is not at war with so they send a flying robot to shot a missile at them.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
In the eyes of a good portion of outsiders? No. A lot of the world (including your allies) has looked at the US with varying levels of distrustful wariness, distaste, outright hostility and/or quiet ridicule for decades - we rely on you because we have to, not because we like to - even here in Australia and we're basically USA Light. The US has always been the way the US is now, it's just that these days it's getting a brighter light shone on it which is causing some of the American Exceptionalism flavoured rose-tinted glasses that the majority of Americans seem to be born with to crack somewhat.
I'm not american :P

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if another country had drones flying over the U.S. and started assassinating people without provocation. Hell, imagine if any other country in the world had flying assassin robot planes they used to kill people wherever and whenever they wanted. That's some Skynet Terminator shit. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
President in the morning: How dare you accuse me of wanting to assassinate anyone!
President in the evening: Also, just want to make sure everyone remembers, if you do anything to make us nervous we'll assassinate you.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Qassem Suleimani was killed as part of a broader strategy of deterring challenges by US foes that also applies to China and Russia, the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, has said,

Haha. If they kill Putin it's with kindness.

They keep going over to Moscow for meetings.