• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
Bought a Vive as soon as it became available almost 3 years ago and Im STILL blown away by VR every now and then.

Had a VR hiatus for about a month due to God Of War and RDR2, and they're great games (Gow at least) but when I got back to VR this week, it is just so much more exciting. Just fooling around in Pavlov with a couple of friends still feels like the freaking future. Even small indie titles that have a bunch of problems and maybe not alot of content, like Jet Island, War Dust and Zero Caliber are amazing in so many ways that flat games just cant compare to me.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy what I've played of VR at my friends but it's not worth the giant investment yet, for me anyway.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Now is the best time to buy VR, when the next gen PSVR is probably around the corner?

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it is still only for people, who are into the development or love the tech.
We still missing eye tracking, which is the most important factor to make any VR-Set future proof. Eye-Tracking will allow for better UI, better graphics, better interaction with objects and better tools for developers (knowing where the user is looking is great).
Also very important are screens and lenses, which eliminate the screen-door effect and are high resolution enough, so that people can read normal sized text (not the giant fonts VR developers need to use now). This way developers can actually create apps, which allow people to actually read and work as on a normal screen. This opens up the possibility to replace monitors in general. Also making VR sets even more lighter would help too.

Anything else (Wider screens, better motion controls, wireless connection, erasing motion-sickness, etc.) will "just" make the experience and usability better.

Oct 25, 2017
The video is on point, access is key - said access time was actually winter 2017 with the PSVR GT Sport, Skyrim VR, and Doom VR bundles in my opinion. Winter 2018's PSVR bundles were technically better (one included 2 great titles in Astro Bot+Moss), but in a diminishing returns kind of way.

That being said, Quest has the potential to make the success of those bundles look like child's play, especially when winter 2019 Quest holiday bundles pop up. Wireless VR is lit - in my experience, it's been a huge improvement over using a cable in terms of immersion and flexibility.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
For me, one of the biggest issues with VR right now is that I'm just not sure I'd get all that much use out of it. Some of the games look like they would be super fun (Beat Saber especially), but on the other hand I'm not really sure I'd play them enough to justify the investment. And then all I'd have is a very expensive paperweight that rarely gets used. I do game a lot in general, but a lot of that is RPGs and strategy games that don't really benefit from VR that much, if at all.

The other problem is the price. Someone earlier mentioned the Odyssey, which looks pretty great. And at "only" $450, it's expensive, but still something I could maybe afford if I'd know I'd use it a lot. Except Amazon US doesn't ship to Europe (at least not to my country). Neither does the Microsoft store, or any other webstore I could find. There's a listing on the UK Amazon, for the quite frankly nonsense price of almost 600 pounds. That's about $770 for Americans. Plus shipping. Which just isn't something I'm willing to pay. And the other alternatives aren't that much better.

The only affordable option seems to be the Rift plus controllers from Amazon for 350 pounds (plus shipping, which will probably be another 20+), provided I'm willing to wait 1 to 3 months (or longer) for it to dispatch. Thats actually a "fair" (1$ = 1GBP) price compared to the USA, but it feel kind of harder to justify considering how much better other options are supposed to be. Meanwhile, local stores sell the Rift for about 500€ and the Vive for about 600€.

Prices might have gone down in America, but either I'm missing stores that actually ship to Europe or they're still out of reach here (particularly when you factor in much lower salaries compared to the US: 600€ is a lot to ask in a country where the average take home pay might be 1000€. And that's in a relatively well off part of the continent). That's a price of a brand new console, and without trying VR out it's really hard to justify it giving me more for my money than a PS4 or a Switch.

A PSVR seems like a decent option, but it just doesn't seem to have as many interesting titles available. So I'm not really that interested in it. Particularly with the PS5 right around the corner that will probably bring a hardware update. And after factoring in the price of the camera and two move controllers, it's doesn't really seem that much cheaper than the Rift. I also do most of my gaming on the PC, so I'd prefer to do it there. And Beat Saber doesn't support custom songs on it (from what I can tell), which almost seems like reason enough to go PC.

The final problem is that this is a really large investment for something I have no idea if it'll work. Is my room/apartment big enough? Will it work properly with my glasses (I've heard stories of lenses being scratched a while back)? Will I get motion sickness? Will I use it enough (see above)? Will the tech get replaced in a couple of years? And also, is it really as impressive as the fans make it out to be?

Maybe a lot of the above is just me being misinformed, but all of the above was enough to make me never really look into the tech further.

The one positive that I have noticed has changed, however, is the growth of various "VR Shops" that let you rent equipment. One even recently opened within a reasonable distance away from me, and I have been thinking of checking it out at some point in the future. It's not cheap, but still a decent option for seeing if this sort of tech is as impressive as people say. Sadly, the experience seems rather limited in terms of the setup and available games (which mostly seem like quick proof of concepts, which I suppose is needed when you only have a limited amount of time to play: you want games where you can get in quickly). This is the one aspect that I feel like has the potential to grow the tech. Like the video said, it's apparently something you have to experience yourself to be convinced. And that's true: at these prices, you really can't just take someone's word for it.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
There was a brief moment in time when VR seemed like it was going to take off but then the price was revealed.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I tried it, I feel the tech just isn't quite there. Perhaps it was the motion controls/being tied to the PS4 pro (not quite powerful enough). Also, the amount of wires that are in the way also is bothersome to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled when the PSVR for PS5 is announced. I'm hoping they make the necessary improvements.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I tried it, I feel the tech just isn't quite there. Perhaps it was the motion controls/being tied to the PS4 pro (not quite powerful enough). Also, the amount of wires that are in the way also is bothersome to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled when the PSVR for PS5 is announced. I'm hoping they make the necessary improvements.

I'm really hoping that the next iteration or PSVR has wireless and inside out tracking

That alone would be pretty huge and would sell me on it since it would be a cheaper path for me to experience high end VR (i dont consider the PS5 cost since I would be buying it regardless of the VR)

If PSVR 2.0 doesn't hit those marks then I am happy to settle for Low/Mid Tier VR with the Oculus Quest Standalone

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I might care 10 years from now. The set up currently at least for me isn't great yet. I want lighter equipment, sensors and less bullshit clutter. Plus I can only do it for so long without getting a headache.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
VR sucks right now. To do it well you need sensors and shit which is fucking weird overall. Call me when it's just a wireless (or wired) headset, gloves to simulate hands, and an easy way to move around. That is when it gets good.
No you don't need sensors. Windows mixed reality are inside out and work great.

Thread is full of people who don't know about the current state of vr telling people who do, what the current state of vr is.lol.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Agreed, to me it's like Arcade Sticks, they have a dedicated and loyal customer base who will give them a tidy profit, but not something that's truly mainstream which isn't a bad thing, a lot of stuff is like that and does well.
Arcade sticks have one use. VR is as versatile as a PC or smartphone, just clearly at an early stage. Like smartphones without a multi-touch screen interface, or a PC without GUI.

As for your comments on eye strain and headaches, that should be mostly fixed with varifocal displays, which I know Oculus has planned for 2022.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why I don't get that excited about 4K or HDR? Because I have virtual reality In My Hands. And it's a very, very big upgrade even in this early state.

I couldn't agree more. I bought an almost 30'' bigger TV than my previous one, with HDR, 4K etc.
But the upgrade I felt with PSVR is unmatchable. Only in the early polygon era I had the same feeling(of a very big step forward)

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'm really curious to find out what the library of Oculus Quest-compatible games looks like. I already have Rift, PSVR and WMR but, if the Quest gets a lot of software support, that would easily end up as my most used headset within like a month of its release.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
VR sucks right now. To do it well you need sensors and shit which is fucking weird overall. Call me when it's just a wireless (or wired) headset, gloves to simulate hands, and an easy way to move around. That is when it gets good.

I got a vive. I don't see what's so weird about sensors. We just installed them on the walls and you barely even notice them. And they do a lot better than headsets who have the sensors on the headset.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally waiting for the next generation of consoles before embracing VR.

Yeah when looking at whats coming next Im optimistic that we are only one or two generations away from VR breaking more walls down

But people are also down playing VR's current penetration

I think we have a relatively nice foundation so far and some damn good upcoming prospects in this space

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I might care 10 years from now. The set up currently at least for me isn't great yet. I want lighter equipment, sensors and less bullshit clutter. Plus I can only do it for so long without getting a headache.

Oculus Quest is coming in Spring this year. I be sure to open a thread for you.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
For me, one of the biggest issues with VR right now is that I'm just not sure I'd get all that much use out of it. Some of the games look like they would be super fun (Beat Saber especially), but on the other hand I'm not really sure I'd play them enough to justify the investment. And then all I'd have is a very expensive paperweight that rarely gets used. I do game a lot in general, but a lot of that is RPGs and strategy games that don't really benefit from VR that much, if at all.

The other problem is the price. Someone earlier mentioned the Odyssey, which looks pretty great. And at "only" $450, it's expensive, but still something I could maybe afford if I'd know I'd use it a lot. Except Amazon US doesn't ship to Europe (at least not to my country). Neither does the Microsoft store, or any other webstore I could find. There's a listing on the UK Amazon, for the quite frankly nonsense price of almost 600 pounds. That's about $770 for Americans. Plus shipping. Which just isn't something I'm willing to pay. And the other alternatives aren't that much better.

The only affordable option seems to be the Rift plus controllers from Amazon for 350 pounds (plus shipping, which will probably be another 20+), provided I'm willing to wait 1 to 3 months (or longer) for it to dispatch. Thats actually a "fair" (1$ = 1GBP) price compared to the USA, but it feel kind of harder to justify considering how much better other options are supposed to be. Meanwhile, local stores sell the Rift for about 500€ and the Vive for about 600€.

Prices might have gone down in America, but either I'm missing stores that actually ship to Europe or they're still out of reach here (particularly when you factor in much lower salaries compared to the US: 600€ is a lot to ask in a country where the average take home pay might be 1000€. And that's in a relatively well off part of the continent). That's a price of a brand new console, and without trying VR out it's really hard to justify it giving me more for my money than a PS4 or a Switch.

A PSVR seems like a decent option, but it just doesn't seem to have as many interesting titles available. So I'm not really that interested in it. Particularly with the PS5 right around the corner that will probably bring a hardware update. And after factoring in the price of the camera and two move controllers, it's doesn't really seem that much cheaper than the Rift. I also do most of my gaming on the PC, so I'd prefer to do it there. And Beat Saber doesn't support custom songs on it (from what I can tell), which almost seems like reason enough to go PC.

The final problem is that this is a really large investment for something I have no idea if it'll work. Is my room/apartment big enough? Will it work properly with my glasses (I've heard stories of lenses being scratched a while back)? Will I get motion sickness? Will I use it enough (see above)? Will the tech get replaced in a couple of years? And also, is it really as impressive as the fans make it out to be?

Maybe a lot of the above is just me being misinformed, but all of the above was enough to make me never really look into the tech further.

The one positive that I have noticed has changed, however, is the growth of various "VR Shops" that let you rent equipment. One even recently opened within a reasonable distance away from me, and I have been thinking of checking it out at some point in the future. It's not cheap, but still a decent option for seeing if this sort of tech is as impressive as people say. Sadly, the experience seems rather limited in terms of the setup and available games (which mostly seem like quick proof of concepts, which I suppose is needed when you only have a limited amount of time to play: you want games where you can get in quickly). This is the one aspect that I feel like has the potential to grow the tech. Like the video said, it's apparently something you have to experience yourself to be convinced. And that's true: at these prices, you really can't just take someone's word for it.

I can appreciate all of those concerns, And a couple i can agree with. But i will say sometimes you just have to live a little and experience something that you have never felt before in gaming, That wow moment/feeling you get when it actually hits home what you're experiencing, It's been said many times VR is experiencing gaming not playing it. How far can flat pancake visuals get on the TV? Were already at diminishing returns. Next stop is being inside the gaming world.

My advice would be to get PSVR, It's the cheapest/Most comfortable, Works fine with glasses. And actually has a stacked library to choose from to be fair( RE7,Astro,Skyrim,Wipeout,Beat Sabre,Superhot,Farpoint,Killing Floor,Borderlands 2,Firewall & many more) None are proof of concepts either, They are fully fledged games.

Also i will also say if you have a friend who has a VR headset, Co-op gaming in VR is a whole new level of immersion/fun, With all the games released this gen me and my friend have said an indie game in Horus Station has been ur fave co-op game, Simply because of VR and the immersion you feel.

If thats not you're thing, The Oculus Quest releases this year, It's standalone VR and requires nothing more than putting it on ones head and away you go.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to find out what the library of Oculus Quest-compatible games looks like. I already have Rift, PSVR and WMR but, if the Quest gets a lot of software support, that would easily end up as my most used headset within like a month of its release.

Same as me and my friend, We have PSVR but are looking to get OQ, But depends on it's gaming library support. If it gets that right then wow, Instant buy and maybe the headset that breaks that mainstream mould.

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I got a PSVR during a sell and I love it. I can see its lack in image quality but it's so fun.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
if you have a decent PC, look out for Windows Mixed Reality devices on sale. More common in the US but I got a Lenovo explorer with controllers for £109 on Black Friday. They're often bundled with PCs so check ebay etc for people selling theirs off

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
if you have a decent PC, look out for Windows Mixed Reality devices on sale. More common in the US but I got a Lenovo explorer with controllers for £109 on Black Friday. They're often bundled with PCs so check ebay etc for people selling theirs off

Yeah im actually quite impressed with how competitive WMR devices are

Lots of options and opportunities to get viable VR on the cheap

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Not sure I agree.

I love my PSVR and Astro Bot was my GOTY, but honestly none of the other games even come close. I still don't understand how people even mention Astro Bot and Moss in the same sentence. And Tetris is kinda neat but it's still Tetris.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah im actually quite impressed with how competitive WMR devices are

Lots of options and opportunities to get viable VR on the cheap

definitely.

I have PSVR (surprisingly social) for exclusives and general comfort/quality is very good (big sweet spot, clear image even though lower res)
Lenovo explorer (custom Beat Saber songs are sooo good) and that price wasn't to be sniffed at
Will almost certainly get an Oculus Quest for wireless instant access stuff

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
definitely.

I have PSVR (surprisingly social) for exclusives and general comfort/quality is very good (big sweet spot, clear image even though lower res)
Lenovo explorer (custom Beat Saber songs are sooo good) and that price wasn't to be sniffed at
Will almost certainly get an Oculus Quest for wireless instant access stuff

Yeah saving my money for quest

400 for a full stand alone system with the features it has is compelling for me

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Now is the best time to buy VR, when the next gen PSVR is probably around the corner?

If a revision doesn't come this year, I think it'll be another 2 years at least.

I think a revision could come this year if they could put enough into it to at least serve as the baseline for PS5 VR software, at a reasonable price. It'll be 3 years since the original's release, so timing wise I don't think a refresh is out of the question, but I think they wouldn't do it if it wouldn't be suitable for PS5. It'd need to have all the key features for 'next-gen' VR. However I think if something like this was happening, we might have heard rumbles by now.

Next year seems unlikely with the PS5 launch. Yes, the PS4 Pro and PSVR launched in the same year, but I think it's a bit different launching with a refresh vs a whole new platform. I think we might have to bear in mind that the next VR revision might be more costly - I expect new controllers with the next revision, and they'll probably be a good bit more expensive than Move was.

That would probably leave 2021 as the next earliest timeframe.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If a revision doesn't come this year, I think it'll be another 2 years at least.

I think a revision could come this year if they could put enough into it to at least serve as the baseline for PS5 VR software, at a reasonable price. It'll be 3 years since the original's release, so timing wise I don't think a refresh is out of the question, but I think they wouldn't do it if it wouldn't be suitable for PS5. It'd need to have all the key features for 'next-gen' VR. However I think if something like this was happening, we might have heard rumbles by now.

Next year seems unlikely with the PS5 launch. Yes, the PS4 Pro and PSVR launched in the same year, but I think it's a bit different launching with a refresh vs a whole new platform. I think we might have to bear in mind that the next VR revision might be more costly - I expect new controllers with the next revision, and they'll probably be a good bit more expensive than Move was.

Im pretty excited about the prospect at least

Since I am already planning to buy the PS5 and likely use the sale of my old hardware to subsidize it... PSVR2 may become my cheapest path to a higher end VR experience since I haven't investing in an upgraded PC in a long ass time

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Last edited:

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
The new HTC Vive Pro Eye has eye tracking and foveated rendering which let's the game do Level of Detail based on where your eyes are focused. They have not announced a price yet but the old Vive Pro is already too expensive for mainstream customers at $800 for the headset or $1400 for the kit with controllers and base stations.

Valve have not released the new knuckle controllers yet. The new controller let's you use your fingers to do stuff.

For Oculus and HTC PC headsets you still need to buy an expensive $300 wireless adapter to become wireless today.

I would wait for those three features (foveated rendering, built-in wireless, knuckle controllers) to come to lower priced mainstream headsets before buying.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

I *really* want them to do inside out tracking. If that is supported by PS4 then it may need to do the calculations on board. If PS5 then it could just send video down the USB-C cable for decoding on the console. So that might affect whether they can do with a refresh for PS4 or not. Also they are just at a price point that is driving sales, any new headset will easily be twice the price which will likely stall uptake.

So my bet is a PS5 only headset. Inside out tracking, one thin cable (like v2), with no breakout box as you have a USB C socket for it on the PS5 handling everything - and social screen can use the standard HDMI to your TV. Wireless is a wildcard - won't be standard but a small chance they design it in a way that could go wireless with an optional accessory

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Its insane how many high quality games VR has already.

Considering the newness of the tech, I have to agree with you. And I get why people think the library is underwhelming; they're comparing it to regular console or PC gaming. The thing is, a lot of people say "VR is in it's early stages, it's in it's Atari stage right now", but this simply is not true. VR is weird in that it is this entirely new thing, but it is able to still use the same tools that make standard games, which means its utilizing every bit of tech that current gaming already has. There is no "atari stage" for VR, in some ways it's just a continuation and evolution of standard gaming, where you are now "in" the game controlling things the way you would in real lie. I get that people who say we're in that early stage are just using it as an analogy, but it's just not that accurate of a description. If you were to say the interaction techniques of VR are in the Atari phase, that might make more sense. Moreover, Atari didn't have every gigantic tech company working on it.

The "no killer apps so it's not worth it" is insane to me. There may not be THE game, but I could list 5 games that have groundbreaking aspects, 10 more very solid games and even another 20 worthwhile games (PCVR). Once again, that ain't the Atari stage. VR hit the ground running, and it's definitely a good time to get in. Waiting is fine too, next gen is just a few years away and it will be a really big jump. My guess for PSVR2 is 2021-2022, and I think Sony knows it would be a mistake to make new games backward compatible with all the limitations of the first gen headsets. Everything is accelerating so fast that they need everything to be new, including the control/interaction methods. I also think we will have to wait until 2022-2023 until true next gen headsets. Why? 2 things: dynamic foveated rendering, and wireless. I think these aspects will define next gen VR, and unfortunately while I think Sony will have a great product, they might miss the boat again.

Speaking of using the same tools to create VR games as normal games, I think eventually within-VR tools will be the norm. There will be a Unity/Maya VR where all your modeling is done in VR, which will eventually be used for flat games too. Trying to make 3D objects in 2D is a terribly inefficient process if you think about it.

Last edited:

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got an Oculus a few days ago and I'm amazed. I had high expectations and leading up to getting it I was worried that I over hyped myself but nope, it's way cooler than I imagined. I'm overwhelmed with things to play and have got utterly hooked on Skyrim VR. That alone is worth it if you're even halfway into the normal game. I watched hours of videos about VR before getting it and still had no idea.

The only time I got sick was from playing Compound and setting the control scheme to smooth. I play Skyrim with smooth locomotion and haven't got sick yet though.

I also got a G29 wheel at the same time but haven't used it, I'm still trying to decide on which racing game to get and like I mentioned, currently addicted to Skyrim VR. lol

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I wish I could use VR without feeling bad and getting a headache for the rest of the day. The best time for VR though will be when someone figures out how to control games without any of the inconveniences we have now. We are still quite far away from that in my opinion.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
A Rift should be an accessory anyone with a PC looks into. It's magical. I was playing To The Top yesterday and boy is that game hard. But I love it.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested in VR, rather than a naysayer, but the tail-end of first-gen headsets seems like the worst time to buy into VR.
There is significant room for improvement in every part of the experience right now.
And having games split across three platforms is terrible. Sony and Oculus' greed has really hurt the market - especially when Oculus have decided to get out of building high-end headsets.

I'm waiting until we have something like a headset using those LG/Google 3840x4800 panels, eye tracking/foveated rendering, and the Valve Knuckles.
Wireless would be nice too, but even with foveated rendering and transport, driving 7680x4800 at a high refresh rate is probably going to be too much for current tech.

LG/Google panel on the left:
google-displays-pngqpkfk.jpg

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Today is the absolute worst time to invest in VR. We're a couple years out from getting eye tracking VR (for better rendering performance), wireless VR tech, etc etc. THAT will be the time to jump in, when the tech isn't a hassle to use and PC requirements will get more managable.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I'm very interested in VR, rather than a naysayer, but the tail-end of first-gen headsets seems like the worst time to buy into VR.
There is significant room for improvement in every part of the experience right now.
And having games split across three platforms is terrible. Sony and Oculus' greed has really hurt the market - especially when Oculus have decided to get out of building high-end headsets.

I'm waiting until we have something like a headset using those LG/Google 3840x4800 panels, eye tracking/foveated rendering, and the Valve Knuckles.
Wireless would be nice too, but even with foveated rendering and transport, driving 7680x4800 at a high refresh rate is probably going to be too much for current tech.

LG/Google panels on the left:
google-displays-pngqpkfk.jpg
Foveated Rendering, at it's optimum would enable 20x less pixels rendered. So driving 3840x4800 per eye wirelessly would be a piece of cake with a minimum spec VR PC today using current wireless standards.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Foveated Rendering, at it's optimum would enable 20x less pixels rendered. So driving 3840x4800 per eye wirelessly would be a piece of cake with a minimum spec VR PC today using current wireless standards.

hmm. Even the Vive pro eye tracking suggests 9x improvement. So at half optimum (10x) two of those panels would be pretty much the same as driving two 1080p panels today. Very exciting

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is for sure image quality and FOV issues with current gen VR, there is no getting around that. However as someone that is normally a IQ PC snob it's a very easy trade off. To me high IQ in games is in pursuit of greater immersion and to that end, even current VR is king.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
"Better hardware is coming soon that could theoretically reach mass-market price points in 3-4 years" seems like a good argument to talk somebody out of buying any technology ever.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
"Better hardware is coming soon that could theoretically reach mass-market price points in 3-4 years" seems like a good argument to talk somebody out of buying any technology ever.

yep. VR will be $400-500 at launch for even 'mainstream' headsets. And now you can get them for $200-250 on sale? So its a function of how good do you personally need the tech to be vs how much are you willing to spend.

I would hope a lot of people in an enthusiast forum like this are more likely to jump in sooner rather than later. They should be able to absorb the lower IQ initially because hey it looks better than 3DS or GBC etc. Not everything needs to look 4k HDR on a 65" OLED TV.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could use VR without feeling bad and getting a headache for the rest of the day. The best time for VR though will be when someone figures out how to control games without any of the inconveniences we have now. We are still quite far away from that in my opinion.

The research at the bleeding edge of robotics/prosthetic-limb research is really interesting in this vein. And using passive sensors of signals to extrapolate desired/intended actions.

I know it all sounds terribly far fetched but I think eventually we'll get there, where it might be possible to 'imagine' your way through VR scenario, a kind of lucid dreaming while awake.

I wonder what happened to that company that was working on thought-controlled games...