• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Are people really mad or is this a meme now?

This is the worst thing. New Peter looks amazing.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My issue is we're now in a post-Snyder Cut/Rise of the Skywalker where now people think if they complain loud enough on the internet they can get what they want. Yeah there's some legitimate grievances but I'd rather these people not feel empowered by shit like this.

I'm not saying they should do it, but there is some precedent with a character model being changed before release. Infamous 2 is the first one that comes to mind. But that was in the days before full face motion capture.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how small a change would be needed to *not* trigger a dogpile at this point. This perhaps isn't that small a change but basically seems like people hate change and no matter what, there will be enough to cause enough of a noise to trend somewhere on social media

must be a nightmare as a developer (or any kind of creative) to meaningfully filter what is genuine feedback vs echo chamber nothingness

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Sometimes I feel like the "outrage" wouldn't be as bad if sites like Polygon wouldn't write about it.

Like their article is legitimizing the "controversy"… for clicks.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Dude, what is it with this game and attracting random controversies.
  • Puddlegate
  • Suit not shiny enough
  • Webs not attaching
  • No fall damage
  • Raimi suit
  • Parker recast
I can't say I like the new Peter myself but holy shit, this game's diehard fans get mad over anything.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The fallout of Polygon's "the fallout of Spider-Man's recasting on PS4 has been swift and ugly" has been swift and ugly.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
gamers are the whiniest fucking idiots in the world
giphy.gif

Kirudo

May 1, 2020
and ign's video has 23,000 likes and almost 12,000 dislikes.

but that does not say polygon

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Yeah, I really hate the new face, but still, it's not like it's a serious issue.
I'm would have preferred the old one, but that it, no need to make a drama out of it.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'm honestly wondering if Marvel/Disney steps in and tell them to change it back. Also wondering why they didn't match the face better to Yuri to begin with.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get what is wrong with the response? People dislike the change. It's okay to voice that

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Fucking relax people... Imagine being worked up about a face and these articles don't help either.

It may seem unnecessary but it is what it is. They had their reasons.

People really don't like an established character being changed. Cole McGrath comes to mind

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The game sold 13 million+ copies. A YouTube video with 3K dislikes and hundreds of IG comments is literally nothing. 99% of people will not care about this once they start playing. This article is pretty dumb and does nothing but misrepresent the "outrage" over this.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man those dislikes really kept on piling up since yesterday.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the recast at all but it's not the model's fault. But people are shitty so of course they're going to harass him as if that will accomplish anything.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People lost their fucking minds when spiderman was leaving the MCU but youtube dislikes are crossing some line?

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
This is what they want to put their energy into? Gamers are so weird, crunch in a studio, oh well it happens in the industry. A face change and everyone is up in arms.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
All the crap going on in the world and people have enough energy left over to get this worked up over a face changing in the video game. lol it's one of the most hilarious / sad situations ive seen in a while.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Not surprised. Gamers aren't the brightest bunch. We ought to be more pissed at frame uncap locked behind a paywall. Sure the new Parker looks boring but hardly petition worthy.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
1:2 likes dislikes huh, not that bad lol. The people who are okay or like the face change are probably not as vocal as the ones who dislike the change, as usual.

Anyway, he looks better imo, the old face never sits right with me lol.

Jun 23, 2019
This is fucking embarrassing. Getting mad over a video game character's face? Anyone who agrees with the people being mad about this is an idiot point blank.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
There was nothing remarkable or iconic about the OG Peters face. I always thought he looked a little off and lacked detail in a game that was remarkably beautiful graphically.

This feels like people want to be angry about something, anything. I get it, it's been a fucked up year.

Oct 24, 2019
This is no different than the MCU recasting Hulk or War Machine after Norton's and Howard's first appearances as the characters.

This is Insomniac basically recasting after the first movie, which isn't a huge deal.

It's not like we had 6 games with the old version of Peter and had a decade's worth of investment into that specific portrayal of the character (like RDJ with Iron Man, Chris Evans with Cap, etc.) and then recast.

Besides, the most important thing, Yuri Lowenthal as the voice of PP/Spider-Man, is remaining the same. It's not like they got a totally new VA for the role.

People need chill the fuck out

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
The positive of this is they obviously can't find anything actually worth complaining about.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not knowledgeable in this area of course but I don't understand what a real persons face has to do with the change. Do other games try to make their game models play nice with their VAs faces? I don't get it.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Are they also gonna make a new subreddit like r/TheLastOfUs2?

If so, then great. Let them stay there lol