• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 4, 2018
The essential 10 Xbox Game Pass games to bring people together
Game with the folks you may not be able to visit
www.polygon.com

The essential 10 Xbox Game Pass games to bring people together

Game with the folks you may not be able to visit

We may be sick, or have sick family members. Or maybe everyone in your family is healthy, and you're being responsible by not having a large gathering. It's going to be a difficult holiday without a safe way to see our loved ones.

Which is where games come in.

These 10 online games from Microsoft's Game Pass Ultimate service all offer that sense of community and togetherness that we may be missing during this holiday season. A good game, played with friends and family, is a shared experience; you're all (hopefully) emotionally invested in doing the best you can, and in finding a sense of meaning and belonging in the challenges the game offers you.

Many of these games are about spending time together, and being together in a way that feels better than just a phone call or a text message.

We also attempted to avoid the most obvious choices here; it's always nice to try new things, especially when the only thing you have to lose, thanks to Game Pass, is a little bit of time.

Tetris Effect Connected though :(

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
wilmots warehouse has a multiplayer mode? Couch coop or online only? That could be amazing/nightmarish

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I've had a bunch of people at my work asking for this exact kind of recommendation. This is an awesome topic, thanks for sharing the article, OP.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
No moving out, river city girls, streets of rage and overcooked for freaking fallout 76?
ya lost me polygon

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
No Deep Rock Galactic? The hell kind of co op list is this?

Last edited:

Spish!

Oct 27, 2017
Sponsored content or nah? The Gamepass angle seems tangential to the content of the article.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sponsored content or nah? The Gamepass angle seems tangential to the content of the article.
Game Pass means that literally everyone you know who owns game pass also has all these games, so you don't need to convince anyone to buy anything extra. The "shared library" aspect of Game Pass is perfectly suited to co-op, so the article is cool.

(Now I on the other hand am by default sponsored content when I talk about Xbox so feel free to ignore me of course!)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Its a service currently on a promotional price that families/friends can get for a dollar and might want to know what mp games are on it

but i guess next time theres a "best mp games on switch" thread i can jump in asking if nintendo paid for it too, that can be the only explanation

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Did you play it at launch?

Maybe it was patched because at launch a lot people were talking about how bad the online was.

Every friend I played with there was some issues. I haven't been back to it in a while though.
Yes, we played at launch with both of us on PC. It wasn't perfect but still playable. We got up to the final boss.

We tried again a couple weeks ago - this time I was on my Series S - and it felt perfect.