• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Imagine putting an updated port of a game from 2008 on your list instead of Persona 5.

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
I think the list is pretty accurate if you want to make a "best of" list by cultural significance not only within the hardcore community, but also in the modern culture.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
PT over Portal 2 huh? You know, PT, the teaser for a game that never even came out. Yeah I'm just going to pretend this list doesn't exist

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Taste is subjective, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Having said that, this is the worst top X games list I've ever seen.

Mar 22, 2019
That feeling when you realize that DARK SOULS 1 only released in 2011...in this same decade that Sekiro + the other 2 Dark Souls OH AND BLOODBORNE all exist.

Yeesh, time really does fly when you're having fun!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You still have the boomer mindset
You talk as if i hate them because theyre popular

No, i hate them because theyre all only popular because they are multiplayer games and with the multiplayer stripped out they dont stand on their own

Also lol at bringing the boomer meme into a discussion about video ganes as if that isnt dumb as fuck

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

No, i hate them because theyre all only popular because they are multiplayer games and with the multiplayer stripped out they dont stand on their own
That's exactly the old timey gamer boomer mindset. It's so common among people stuck with console gaming. Not saying that's the reason you acquired that mindset.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love PT I can't put it alongside other games. Its definitely up there as one the best gaming experiences this decade along with loading up RE7 on VR for the first time. But there is no telling if the rest of the game would have been as good for the entire play through , since well it doesn't exist. Its still just a demo.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly the old timey gamer boomer mindset. It's so common among people stuck with console gaming. Not saying that's the reason you acquired that mindset.
Why dont you bend down, pull your head out of your ass, and stop trying to use a meme as a serious argument because someone doesnt like the mediocre game you like.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

the fuk.... Thats like saying , if you strip out the single player the other games don't stand on their own . Its an MP only game , just like how there are SP only games on that list.

am not saying those games are great. But why is being a multiplayer only game a bad thing ?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Also lol at bringing the boomer meme into a discussion about video ganes as if that isnt dumb as fuck
Yeah if I take the singleplayer out of The Witcher 3 you end up with a fancy menu you coconut.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Why dont you bend down, pull your head out of your ass, and stop trying to use a meme as a serious argument because someone doesnt like the mediocre game you like.
The meme isn't an argument. You're just stuck in an old mindset and you have no arguments to support it. The meme is making fun of your position.

Imagine actually hating specific types of games lmao
I bet your favorite singleplayer games wouldn't stand on their own if you stripped out the singleplayer. 🤔

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fuk.... Thats like saying , if you strip out the single player the other games don't stand on their own . Its an MP only game , just like how there are SP only games on that list.
No, it isnt, what the fuck? A game shouldnt require anything but the game to be good.

There are plenty of multiplayer games that ARE great even if mp was taking out. Apex Legends feels and plays amazingly, as do CoD, and Halo. Battle Royale is where the trend of shitty games upheld only by the novelty of player counts in matches is where its stupid.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon Go in the top 10 gave me a good laugh.

Nope.

They put 3D World at #13 and gave Odyssey and Galaxy 2 honorable mentions.

I actually thought about this before and while I love Odyssey and both Galaxy games and SM64 is my all time favorite, I can see how 3D World could be considered a better game. It's more "Mario" for people who knew Mario mostly from the 8/16-bit times.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
i agree with 1 and 2........ annnnnnnnnnnd thats about it!

wtf is that list?

Mass effect 2 at 72!? lmfao, it's one of the best games ever made

The Last of Us at 59, smh

Skyrim at 50, you've got to be fucking kidding me....

both Doom and Journey should have been top 15 or even top 10, but at least they weren't in the back 50

my god dude, i know that list was probably hard to make, but what kind of utter horse shit is that? lol

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
88. Monster Hunter World
87. Control
86. Kim Kardashian Hollywood
85. FTL: Faster Than Light
84. Flappy Bird

Okay

GOW won so many awards and it's not in top 10 while Spelunky is in top 3. This list can't be more personal and subjective.

Edit: wth it's in rank 38???? The writer is really not a fan of GOW at all.

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes I wish I could be a part of making these rankings for gaming websites. The reactions alone would be worth it