• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched the trailer and her voice is exactly how I imagined it being, fits the character well.

Such a good character design, reminds me of classic horror films.

Feb 19, 2018
But her accent is pure English.
It might surprise you, but it's quite possible for non-native speakers to become good enough in another language that you can't distinguish them from native speakers anymore. Especially for a posh older lady that might get the chance to travel around, might be quite interconnected with and related to other noble families all over Europe and might be QUITE old if that classic vampire trait also applies here (it is definitely implied in one note you can find in the teaser demo, showing that vampire-ish ladies have been living in the castle since 1958 at least).
Though with all that. Capcom really nailed this one, eh?
Yes. And it will help the sales of the game big time, as was undoubtedly proven beyond any doubt by the success of Nier Automata (it being an excellent game sure helped with the sales, but what the internet was constantly talking about in the 6 months before release was 2B... and the ~2000 18+ images on R34 alone right before release showed how viral the character and her design had become).

Word of mouth can easily drive sales if everyone talks about it, even if it's just because people find a character attractive, and/or memes.

The interesting thing here is that Olga is CONSIDERABLY less "in your face" sexy than 2B is (or say Bowsette), but she does push a lot of different but not that commonly pushed buttons (strong and confident woman, dominant woman, woman that is taller than even the biggest dudes, older but attractive woman, giantess fetish but not to the common skyscraper-sized point where it becomes too much for many people etc.) and people are really having fun going with the whole thing as well.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I disagree with this. Would you say the same if the comment was made by a guy?

Plenty of guys on twitter have said worse things about the tall vampire lady, why aren't you calling them out?

giphy.gif

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Plenty of guys on twitter have said worse things about the tall vampire lady, why aren't you calling them out?

giphy.gif
Nothing to with gender. Turn out Alanah did not post anything like that. It was by random girl but it showed up on my feed because Greg Miller liked the post!

Unless there is a meme or inside joke I am missing fuck Greg Miller for liking that thirsty shit.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Getting flashbacks of the "you're part of the problem" video about Bowsette (Peachowser)

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the daughters do it for me a lot more. I had such a huge crush on pretty much anyone in the old DC cartoons because of their black lipstick.

resident-evil-village-Lady-Dimitrescu-and-daughters-1280x720.jpg

8d7a45f844d817f64816fcd1d741c6c9.jpg

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It's different.

Almost every entertainment industry has been built on men exploiting women and relegating them to sex objects. Games included.

Maybe it seems unfair, but it's simply different coming from a woman.

I feel like there might be a burgeoning topic brewing in the wake of this meme that I'd be interested to see play out, particularly from the various perspectives of women and ace folks, regarding how people express themselves.

But that'd require enough people to have the energy for it since it's probable it'd devolve into a stream of half baked observations from guys before patting eachother on the back. lol

Obviously, the reason more restraint is typically preferred from men is because of actual history and in part of because men are generally more inherently threatening. But that's all I'd have enough perspective to say.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imma just say this right now: since I'm seeing a lot of thirsty ppl just casually post someone or ppl from other game who is literally infected with a zombifying disease and it may as well be necrophilia, please actually spoiler your images and posts that have that stuff. I didn't ask to see fucking smut of some tall ass corpse WASP lady with blood splashed on her face like it ejactulate, even if y'all think she's otherwise attractive its fucking disgusting. actually it's genuinely unhealthy and super cringe stuff stuff and I'd like it better if there weren't people trying to give other people the confused murderer boners. I had faith in ppl after Wednesday but i guess that was misguided especially how quick yall get horny over some chubby freddie krueger wannabe just cause of their height. smh, especially at the community for letting this fucking wankfest go on since the first leaks. kinda sad that polygon also having a hard time not realizing normalizing corpses as sexy isnt problematic. id expect that sort of cringe from kotaku but not the place ben kuchera ended up at

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Imma just say this right now: since I'm seeing a lot of thirsty ppl just casually post someone or ppl from other game who is literally infected with a zombifying disease and it may as well be necrophilia, please actually spoiler your images and posts that have that stuff. I didn't ask to see fucking smut of some tall ass corpse WASP lady with blood splashed on her face like it ejactulate, even if y'all think she's otherwise attractive its fucking disgusting. actually it's genuinely unhealthy and super cringe stuff stuff and I'd like it better if there weren't people trying to give other people the confused murderer boners. I had faith in ppl after Wednesday but i guess that was misguided especially how quick yall get horny over some chubby freddie krueger wannabe just cause of their height. smh, especially at the community for letting this fucking wankfest go on since the first leaks. kinda sad that polygon also having a hard time not realizing normalizing corpses as sexy isnt problematic. id expect that sort of cringe from kotaku but not the place ben kuchera ended up at

tenor.gif

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

It's fiction... I don't think Era is full of actual necrophiliacs.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So is this one of those things you just can't put in a game without the relevant portions of the internet getting ridiculously horny? Reminds me of that awful bowsette craze, although that wasn't even in a game, so I guess this isn't quite as extreme.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Not here for the memes or the fan-love for this character, but god damn Capcom have been making some really amazing character models lately and this game is no exception.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are falling for a post from a poster with this avatar:
2212.jpg

The only way they could be more blatant is if they had Ban Puncher's avatar.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
So you are not attracted to her?

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Performance Art:

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Accusations, Trolling; History of Trolling and Account in Junior Phase
whats performance art is checking the same people posts getting a aroused over a corpse who also post shitting on Arnie Hammer

Makes you think where theyre eventually gonna draw the line