• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Edit: shoot, hit the post thread without finishing the sentence. Should say " Polygon or Kotaku should have THR style roundtables"

Routinely, there are great roundtables of different directors and actors on the THR YouTube channel:

Examples:

I'd personally love a writer's roundtable with Hideo Kojima, Sam Lake, and Amy Hennig. The only outfits I can think of (tho I don't pay attention to gaming media much anymore) that have the pull to put something together like that would be Kotaku or Polygon.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
In the case of Japanese/non native English speakers and Westerners who mostly know English... I dunno if this would work. Having to speak through a translator kinda takes away from the "comfyness" of it. Discussions are a lot less personal when you have to speak through someone else. Unlike the movie/tv industry, we have great minds all of the world that we frequently interact with through social media. Language barrier sucks but it is what is.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Games industry folk aren't conditioned to speak as openly about their experiences as other industries. It could happen, but I could see it being a bit less interesting

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
While not exactly the same, Sony did something earlier this gen where they got a group of developers from specific studios to sit around and talk about games

And this, which is closer to what you're wanting

I wish they'd do more stuff like that.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
It's not as if people haven't had this idea before or that these sorts of features are easy to coordinate--even the biggest game outlets have no money, no resources and no prestige, so there's no way to make this happen unless all the individual creators want to do it for their own selfish reasons and/or they happen to be doing PR at the same time.

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In the case of Japanese/non native English speakers and Westerners who mostly know English... I dunno if this would work. Having to speak through a translator kinda takes away from the "comfyness" of it. Discussions are a lot less personal when you have to speak through someone else. Unlike the movie/tv industry, we have great minds all of the world that we frequently interact with through social media. Language barrier sucks but it is what is.

Kojima speaks and understands English

It's not as if people haven't had this idea before or that these sorts of features are easy to coordinate--even the biggest game outlets have no money, no resources and no prestige, so there's no way to make this happen unless all the individual creators want to do it for their own selfish reasons and/or they happen to be doing PR at the same time.

Logistically speaking, Gamescom or E3 would be the best times to do this or publisher's would pay for it.

I'd love to see a first iteration of this have Kojima, Lake, Hennig, Sam Houser, David Cage (not that I think he's a great writer but he might have interesting insights) and Ken Levine. It works if they've got prolific careers and an appreciation for each other's work

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Kojima speaks and understands English

Logistically speaking, Gamescom or E3 would be the best times to do this or publisher's would pay for it.

I'd love to see a first iteration of this have Kojima, Lake, Hennig, Sam Houser, David Cage (not that I think he's a great writer but he might have interesting insights) and Ken Levine. It works if they've got prolific careers and an appreciation for each other's work

As much as I appreciate the sentiment, you ain't seeing Sam Houser appearing in any such thing. EVER.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yes, they should. It's a standard content type you see virtually everywhere else, no idea why they don't do it more in the game sector.