• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Exclusive to Apple: iOS, tvOS, macOS.

Knowing iCloud, sync states are probably a mess, but I don't know how well switching between Apple TV and iOS devices works. I like the idea of picking up your game between different devices if that's possible. Anyone know?
It works pretty well for me, continuing my progress between iPad and iPhone.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Knowing iCloud, sync states are probably a mess, but I don't know how well switching between Apple TV and iOS devices works. I like the idea of picking up your game between different devices if that's possible. Anyone know?
Grindstone save syncing for me between my phone and AppleTV has been great so far.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't have an Apple device, the project looks interesting, I hope it reaches other platforms.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Would never, ever play a game like this on a phone. Would 100% play it with a DualSense on iPad though or ATV.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
There are. Some games, such as Shinsekai, Beyond Blue, Mutazione, and Manifold Garden (among many) are on Apple Arcade and consoles and Steam.
I was responding to the question about individual purchases. Not whether games can come to other platforms unless I accidentily quoted the wrong post to respond to.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Oh man, that looks awesome. Too bad it's only planned for Apple Arcade right now. Will have to wait for other platforms.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Damn this thing looks gorgeous but unfortuantly i don't own a ios product. Shame there is no good bluestacks equivalent for ios where i could buy it and play it without owning a iphone, mac or ipad.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the idea of what they are doing with the backgrounds. Sounds like a ton of effort but also something I would immensely appreciate.

The bit about random encounters sounds a bit too odd for someone that likes random encounters but if it forces you to fight them all in the end it may be decent. I'd have to try it. The rush to get out there that your game doesn't have random encounters gets annoying.

In any case this seems a lot more appealing to me than the last thing they worked on.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
I was willing to give this a shot despite being phone only, but it's actually Apple phones only so I guess count me out too

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Is that random encounter work around really better? It's like routing telemarketer calls to blow up your phone in the afternoon only instead of all day.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
How is people bitching about Apple Arcade not the same shit as console warring? See it so much in threads about mobile games. It's such an antiquated opinion.

Cool, you don't care. Don't post about it. Oh, you want it on another platform? Who cares.

Game looks sick. Can't wait to see some footage.
It's mega annoying too.

They work great. When was the last you used iCloud. It was buggy at first, but it' been pretty stable in the last 2 years.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
It's exclusive to Apple though, top response already said they don't have it. Why the hell do people defend a company?
There is a tone in every mobile thread that has nothing to do with whether the person has an apple device or not. It's I'm not playing it on mobile because of X,Y, Z reasons. Some of those reasons are because they don't own a mobile device. Plenty of those reasons have nothing to do with that. So it lends to endless port begging and endless trashing of mobile devices in general. If the same behavior happened in any other platform it would not be allowed. Cool, a person doesn't have an apple device. I don't have a playstation or a switch. I don't go into playstation or switch threads and port beg. Or say apparently they don't want my money style posts. But you can bet that happens in every single high profile mobile title thread.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in.

"Apple arcade"

Okay I'm out.

Apple Arcade means that it will be on AppleTV, have full controller support (including PS/Xbox controllers) and Cloud-saves across all devices.

I don't really see a problem here, unless you want it on anything but those platforms, but then isn't this just portbegging?🤷‍♂️

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
It does. DS4 and XB controllers both work. It depends on the game in question having controller support though. You should look at each game's AppStore listing to verify.
Right on. May bite the bullet and cop an Apple TV 4K this summer. Gooch's RPGs are always fantastic experiences.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Normally pissed at money hatting games, but it's highly likely this game wouldn't exist without somebody like Apple funding it.

So I will accept my loss and just wait for it to hit other devices.

BoldPrompt

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it actually is coming soon and isn't a Wonderbox situation. It feels like that game has been coming soon for 4 months now.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Considering how much bigger mobile is than console and PC it's not that they don't want your money...they don't need it.
The highest numbers I've seen for an estimate of Apple Arcade subscriber numbers is between 10 and 15 million, and I've seen several estimates well below that.

You seem to be wildly overestimating the potential playerbase.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's really embarrassing thing that it isn't enforced in mobile threads. It wouldn't be allowed for any other platform thread.
People bitch about Epic exclusives and how they have to "wait" for the Steam release all the time and those posters never get moderated. It's only console warring or port begging apparently when it's a Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo console.

Anyway, the games looks great! I don't have an Apple device so sadly I can't play, but I'll definitely be on board for whatever system it launches later on.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Apple Arcade means that it will be on AppleTV, have full controller support (including PS/Xbox controllers) and Cloud-saves across all devices.

I don't really see a problem here, unless you want it on anything but those platforms, but then isn't this just portbegging?🤷‍♂️
How is it portbegging? I saw the game, it looked amazing, realised it was for Apple devices and seeing as I don't have any I can't play it. It's as simple as that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Running around looks very nice but the battles are the most generic thing I've seen, shame.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks nice but I don't own anything Apple and never will, I'll be interested if it ever comes to anything else even if it's Android phones

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I will definitely try this, mobile or not. But I'd rather buy it outright than sub to Apple Arcade, so I'll wait for the option to buy if it's not there at launch.