• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dimengeon has me hyped. Hope there's risk/reward bonuses for maxing the gauge out and then fighting a mob of enemies.

The idea of lining up shots through groups of enemies looks neat. Then it got even cooler when someone's ice skill actually had a "bend" in their attack path.

Battle system is looking great so far.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great and this encounter system sounds like a fun twist on things. Also as is Mistwalker tradition it seems like they got Fujisaka for the character design again? Looking forward to it.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I have Apple One so I have Apple Arcade. It's a fun little service don't understand the hate for it here.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. Hope it reviews well so I'll grab it when it hopefully makes its way to other platforms that I actually own.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Heads up: the Apple Arcade page linked in the article has a "notify me" option for when this launches. It's listed as "coming soon".

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the first full mobile game I play?

Dec 6, 2017
US
6_4k.0.jpeg

Oh I totally thought that was 9S from Nier Automata

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This is the kind of thing that will 100% get me to sub to Apple Arcade again.
I've been subbing on and off… for $5 a month there's something every now and then I want to play, so I just sub for the month that games available. Working out pretty well so far. Can't argue the value at this point… they're building up a pretty good library.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Website is up too:

www.mistwalkercorp.com

Mistwalker Corporation

Mistwalker is a game design studio led by Hironobu Sakaguchi.We strive to create and produce the highest quality games,including plot/script, system design, conceptual art and 3DCG.We hope you will enjoy our games and our heart warming message will reach you. The latest work Fantasian is...

apps.apple.com

‎FANTASIAN

‎Fantasian by Mistwalker Corp. — From the creator of Final Fantasy, comes the next breathtaking adventure from industry legend Hironobu Sakaguchi. Fantasian is an exciting, new RPG set against a spectacular backdrop made from nearly 160 handmade dioramas that blends physical environments and 3D...

100% this. Wake me up when this is on something other than a phone.
It's on macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS, so you've got 4 form factors to choose from, all of which support controllers in one way or another.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Freaking mobile games...

Edit: a letter to everyone complaining about "port begging" and "console warring".

At this point in my life, having developed a love for the hobby on the NES, I am an old-school gamer.
This decades-spanning relationship has organically forged certain preferences and habits within me.

The one that applies here is that I want to be in a certain mindset when playing a game. This mindset allows me to give myself fully over to the experience. It allows me the headspace to "love playing a game".

That mindset can manifest in many forms.
Sometimes, due to the quality of the given game, I enter that space regardless of form factor or external environment.
Sometimes it is the form factor of the system itself upon which I play the game.
Sometimes it is the external environment in which I find myself.
Sometimes I need a dedicated space.
Sometimes I need a dedicated TV.
Sometimes I just need enough uninterrupted time.

Regardless, the quality all of these examples share is that I find myself ready & prepared to lose myself in the game.

I have found that a very large personal barrier to this transcendent element of gaming is the multi-purpose device (such as my iPhone).
It doesn't matter whether I can connect a controller or shell to the phone. The simple fact that I use my phone for work and daily life changes something in my brain that reduces my ability to fully immerse myself.

This is probably because I am on the cusp of 40. You may look at me as though I am old, or foolish, or hard headed, or whatever.

But it is what it is.
I am happy for you gamers who do not have the bias.
And I am sad for you too because you didn't grow up in the time I grew up.
And I am envious of you for the excitement ahead that an evolving industry will provide.

So yes, I would prefer to play this game in a way that would let me enjoy it fully. I do feel that it loses something by being tied to the iOS platform (saying nothing about how I feel Apple has continually botched their relationship with gaming as a whole).

It is OK for me to feel this way just as it is OK for you to be excited to play this game on your iOS device.

However, please do not belittle people like me who love this shared hobby of ours and would prefer to play on devices dedicated to the hobby.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I don't believe in apple, so obviously I can't play it, but I'm sure the exclusivity will run out eventually.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't get how this encounter system could be any better than just visible enemies in the field.

For some reason this seems to market to people that aren't in touch with the genre nowadays, where like pretty much everything without Bravely or Octopath in the name ditched random encounters completely. Which makes sense on why this game is on iphone.

Tho i certainly would try it on PC.

Edit: Also, this dimengeon system reminds me a whole lot from the encounter system of TWEWY, where you could bring more and more enemies for bigger bonuses, but without the "anytime" feel of the game, since you need to wait for the enemies and maybe you just can't avoid them forever? We'll have to play it first to be sure, but this feels like a nerfed version of a 2008 idea :p

Last edited:

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Its weird seeing folks hate on mobile games in this thread, personally Terra Battle to this day is still the best actual mobile game I've played. Nothing else has come close in terms of quality.

Anyway this game itself looks really neat. I guess I'll have to (finally) check out Apple Arcade.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it releases while I still have my free months on the service!

(So hyped I'll re-sub if necessary)

(Nah kidding, I'll forget to turn off auto re-sub for like 6 months anyway)

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
i like the backgrounds a lot but the model movement and font feels off. definitely interested tho

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This fighting monsters later thing sounded like a game feature, but the more i think about it, its prob a f2p feature somehow

Shouldnt be, as Apple Arcade games are all premium and don't have free to play / MTX stuff in them. That's the point of the service I think.

Game looks interesting and it's Gooch+Uematsu so I can't wait to try it!

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Looks pretty good. I guess my iPad will have a game other than Stardew Valley on it soon.

The anti mobile gaming posts in this thread are embarrassing. Especially considering this is an Apple Arcade game and not some F2P, microtransaction laden nightmare.

Sep 9, 2020
I could be wrong but aren't Apple Arcade games timed exclusive most of the time? I'd love to support the devs but I only have Android/Linux/Windows.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
This looks really cool! But like a lot of others, I don't have any Apple devices so I'll have to wait for this to make it's way to other platforms. Funny how this gets announced the day after I finally finish Lost Odyssey. lol

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong but aren't Apple Arcade games timed exclusive most of the time? I'd love to support the devs but I only have Android/Linux/Windows.

They are restricted from android technically I think. But not from other consoles or a switch although generally speaking there is some timed exclusivity before that happens.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
its exclusive to ios right? is there an ios emulator?
Exclusive to Apple: iOS, tvOS, macOS.

Knowing iCloud, sync states are probably a mess, but I don't know how well switching between Apple TV and iOS devices works. I like the idea of picking up your game between different devices if that's possible. Anyone know?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That combat system looks like a really cool middleground between random encounters and just turning random encounters off. Can't really imagine me playing this kind of rpg on a phone though.

Also that main character looks like he stumbled out of Nier