• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
They do? The only time I've seen this was during the Nvidia demo/screen shots.

It's mentioned in the linked Polygon story, and there's pictures of it floating around on twitter.

It's easy to miss in the Polygon story, because it's part of a photo caption.
A close-up of the poster in question. The same ad can be found this year inside CD Projekt Red's private meeting space at E3 in Los Angeles.
Not sure how they didn't think to call that out in the text of the piece.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
We're not talking about people taking it out of context, we're talking about people consuming the material that CDPR has put out in the context of everything they've released. If CDPR put this out but also included the sort of context that showed that trans and non-binary individuals are front and center and a normalized part of the Cyberpunk world, we're having a very different conversation here. Instead, we're having this discussion, where the only hint of trans people in the game is this fetishized bullshit. It's also worth mentioning that CDPR doesn't have anyone else to blame for this, since CDPR is their own publisher and they don't have a third party to blame for displaying their game in the wrong light like other developers utilizing third-party publishers might.

It's possible that in the context of the final game that this might be OK, but in order to pull that off they're going to have to go from not apologizing for transphobic tweets to putting out the single most trans-positive AAA video game ever produced by far in around a year's time. It's possible, but not very likely.

EDIT: Because it struck me after I posted this, "the single most trans-positive AAA video game ever produced" is still a pretty low bar, so I should note that it's entirely possible that they clear that and still miss the one where this ad is put into a context that makes the ad not wildly offensive.
I'm on board with all that and I agree that with their history and lack of visible effort to genuinely improve on these issues their intention(or lack of intention) with this imagery is something to worry about.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly.

Art isn't supposed to always be comfortable. It's supposed to provoke thought.

The intent of the poster is fine, but it does not get to be viewed in a vacuum. Between the tweets and non apologies that have come out of the company, the use of stereotypes in how they are handling people of color, the lack of non binary options for players, there is no guarantee this poster is going to be anything more than an exploitative background asset. Discussion of fetishization and exploitation of the trans experience, how the corporations of this setting exploit body modification can be uncomfortable and thought provoking. However, not showing any other examples of the trans experience in any of their content, and choosing to lead with this poster indicates that they are more trying to be edgy and provocative then actually explore this subject in depth. Maybe I'll be wrong, and if so that will be great, but right now it looks like in their attempts to satirize exploitation they have just created more exploitation.

This post says a lot more, and way more eloquently than anything I could write:
One of the major problems with this kind of "intended message" is how CDPR hasn't made an effort to show us if this kind of social commentary is going to be a consistent theme of the game, or just edgy background dressing. If we had an idea about the kind of in-world advertisements could be seen in the game, I may sing a different tune, especially if the language of those ads aligns with the claims made by this artist. It feels like a shallow and undeserved piece of "commentary" (if that's their honest intent).

Additionally, the game really needs representation, and we need to see that in the marketing to know it's a matter they care about. Have characters directly discussing how gross and manipulative ads like this are. Even one dissenting voice goes a long way (as long as their existence in the game isn't another joke at the expense of others). That's not me saying "one token trans person is good enough", just "this is the bare minimum". As we've seen with reactions to this ad on Reddit and other awful forums, this kind of commentary has no meaning if people take it immediately at face value (and with alt-right jackasses, they love to mock trans people, so they're eating it up).

If there's one thing that's struck me about everything I've seen regarding Cyberpunk 2077, it's that CDPR's been showing off a lot more "cyber" than they have been "punk". I haven't exactly kept my eyes glued to every trickle of information about the game, but I have paid attention, and nothing's coming to my mind that immediately screams, "this game embodies the themes of cyberpunk", rather, it looks more like a surface-level, "wow, cool future!" reading of the genre. Tech-noir, if you will. They've showed body modification in the game, but the way marketing has pushed it, it seems to be more for "modifying your body to suit your interests is cool" than "the more you alter yourself, the more you distance yourself from your humanity".
0e79qtzua0d11.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
i genuinely believe that this artist is attempting to portray the message that exploiting trans and gender non-conforming people in advertising is gross

that's a pretty salient message, especially this year with the stark contrast between rainbow capitalist celebrations of queer identity juxtaposed with the bankrolling of politicians dismantling LGBTQ+ protections

but i don't think they are succeeding in presenting that message, at all

Redesiuk said that the world of Cyberpunk 2077 includes many people who are gender-nonconforming, some of whom enjoy showing off their bodies in public. They are a demographic group with significant purchasing power, and so, megacorporations use their likenesses to sell soft drinks. It's supposed to be a play on the same sort of hypersexualized advertising that modern companies use to sell products today, just brought in line with the kind of future CD Projekt wants to portray.

the problem here is that they are just extrapolating current day social norms onto the cyberpunk future instead of thinking about how social norms would change due to the widespread availability of that technology

an edgy dystopian future advertisement wouldn't be called "ChroManticore ;)" or advertise the concept of "Mixing it up ;)" in a society where non-binary representation and transformative body-modifications are normalized... because there's nothing edgy about it in-universe any more! that sort of ad certainly wouldn't be trying to offend 2019 sensibilities in 2077, in the same way that our advertisements of today don't play Elvis songs when they're trying to be edgy.

similarly, i think the issue with non-binary representation is going to be that the game is going to look at the topic from today's viewpoint and the analysis will end at "wow, in the future some people are non-binary and no one judges them! wow!" only to be contradicted by a villain who hates non-binary people and inexplicably sounds like an extremely online trad from 2019 because he's a stand-in for the bigots of today

maybe we'll also get "but maybe too much human augmentation results in people losing their Capital H Humanity, though we're not going to draw a clear stance on this because cool future!" but my expectations are set very low

i haven't actually played that game, but this reminds me of the controversy surrounding David Cage's Robot Martin Luther King: The Game - an attempt was made to make a positive statement like "racism is bad" but the attempt was so contrived and bungled it managed to do much more harm than good and managed to invoke a bunch of racist imagery in the process

i'd really love a game where you can just Be Non-Binary and no one gives you shit for it, but i have a feeling this won't be that game

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
The question here is, does the character interact with this, can we be negative towards it, can we do more? Or is this, at the end of the day, just set dressing? <- worst case scenario, and right now, I think what's gonna happen.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
First, Ana Valens' Daily Dot piece, shared here earlier, is really excellent. It's the #1 thing to read about this, that I've found so far.

Also found myself nodding along to her tweet here (couldn't make it embed correctly so I took a screencap) and the embedded snippet from her article:

QdgvZud.png

main tweet:
To quote @jaffameister: "Ultimately, the lesson here is that in order for trans representation to be done right, trans people need to be involved in the decision-making process." Want to talk about us? Put us in the room. We know how to talk about gender in a meaningful way.

text of tweet's embedded screencap, a quote from Valens' Daily Dot article:
"Redesiuk talks in such a way as it feels like she rarely interacts with trans people, if at all," Johnson explained. "I think she genuinely does want to make an earnest and genuine portrayal of representation in Cyberpunk. She clearly needs to talk to us more and understand us better before trying to act on that, but I think she wants to do good. That desire to do something good for trans people doesn't seem to be shared with the rest of the studio, though."

The problem here isn't the trans body. It's how the game depicts that body, frames it for cis players' amusement, and does so at trans peoples' expense. In Johnson's case, CD Projekt's past behavior weighed heavily on her initial interpretation of the joke, and she called it a "continuation of CD Projekt Red's tone-deaf disregard for trans people." For players who miss Redesiuk's commentary, it's likely they'd walk away with the same first impression she did.

"Ultimately, the lesson here is that in order for trans representation to be done right, trans people need to be involved in the decision-making process," she explained. "It's pretty apparent that CD Projekt Red hasn't consulted trans people when making these decisions, and in a genre that has evolved to where it is today—rich with queer culture—that's a deeply disappointing oversight."

Nice to see another trans person comin' away thinkin' the CDPR artist doesn't know the first thing about real-life trans people. It really feels that way. It's like she's talking about theoretical gender aliens or something. And let's note what kind of depiction that resulted in.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
My naive self actually found the image striking and bold when I first saw it. Like a positive empowered image.

But now the creator comes out to clarify that its actually a negative portrayal meant to mirror sexualization in current society.

Ouch.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Yeah.

I'm actually really curious if any of the numerous people who said "Oh, this seems reasonable." on the first page have changed their minds since some trans voices chimed in.

YES, like, I'm not someone's futuristic fucking social experiment.

I'm a human being and I'd like to see someone in a video game who's even a little bit like me without a huge pink arrow calling attention to a body part that A) it's clearly nobody's business to ask about, and B) DOES NOT DEFINE ME OR ANY OTHER TRANS PERSON

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
One of the major problems with this kind of "intended message" is how CDPR hasn't made an effort to show us if this kind of social commentary is going to be a consistent theme of the game, or just edgy background dressing. If we had an idea about the kind of in-world advertisements could be seen in the game, I may sing a different tune, especially if the language of those ads aligns with the claims made by this artist. It feels like a shallow and undeserved piece of "commentary" (if that's their honest intent).

Additionally, the game really needs representation, and we need to see that in the marketing to know it's a matter they care about. Have characters directly discussing how gross and manipulative ads like this are. Even one dissenting voice goes a long way (as long as their existence in the game isn't another joke at the expense of others). That's not me saying "one token trans person is good enough", just "this is the bare minimum". As we've seen with reactions to this ad on Reddit and other awful forums, this kind of commentary has no meaning if people take it immediately at face value (and with alt-right jackasses, they love to mock trans people, so they're eating it up).

If there's one thing that's struck me about everything I've seen regarding Cyberpunk 2077, it's that CDPR's been showing off a lot more "cyber" than they have been "punk". I haven't exactly kept my eyes glued to every trickle of information about the game, but I have paid attention, and nothing's coming to my mind that immediately screams, "this game embodies the themes of cyberpunk", rather, it looks more like a surface-level, "wow, cool future!" reading of the genre. Tech-noir, if you will. They've showed body modification in the game, but the way marketing has pushed it, it seems to be more for "modifying your body to suit your interests is cool" than "the more you alter yourself, the more you distance yourself from your humanity".
0e79qtzua0d11.jpg
Solid post.

Even if CDPR didn't have the questionable history in regards with their public mentions of race and transphobia, they (and the industry at large) warrant the scrutiny in how they approach these topics. And right now, their approach is purely an ad "for flavor". If we saw the game have a dialogue about gender identity or body modification through quest design or dialogue? That would be something to back up their intent. Right now, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

I'm actually really curious if any of the numerous people who said "Oh, this seems reasonable." on the first page have changed their minds since some trans voices chimed in.
Straight white dude here. I thought the statement was good, but there was a lot about it that bothered me and kept mulling it over but couldn't articulate what it was that bothered me. I appreciated the continuing discussion and the Daily Dot piece and I have since come back around. It's perspective I needed and wouldn't have been able to find myself.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Straight white dude here. I thought the statement was good, but there was a lot about it that bothered me and kept mulling it over but couldn't articulate what it was that bothered me. I appreciated the continuing discussion and the Daily Dot piece and I have since come back around. It's perspective I needed and wouldn't have been able to find myself.
That's cool. Thanks for the update.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
There should be a rule that whenever companies try to depict something about minorities that there should be at least 5 people from that minority group in the room to offer insight. Otherwise... just don't do it.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
They've showed body modification in the game, but the way marketing has pushed it, it seems to be more for "modifying your body to suit your interests is cool" than "the more you alter yourself, the more you distance yourself from your humanity".
This is a wildly outdated concept that has no place in modern cyberpunk (not that it ever belonged in it). Detachment from humanity shouldn't be simplified into something that could be induced through prosthetics. It's the kind of short-sighted interpretation of body modification that led a Cyberpunk 2020 spin-off sourcebook to assign a "humanity cost" to sex reassignment surgery.
If that actually was a core theme of the genre, then holy cow, did Neuromancer miss the point of cyberpunk.

May 26, 2018
This is a wildly outdated concept that has no place in modern cyberpunk (not that it ever belonged in it). Detachment from humanity shouldn't be simplified into something that could be induced through prosthetics. It's the kind of short-sighted interpretation of body modification that led a Cyberpunk 2020 spin-off sourcebook to assign a "humanity cost" to sex reassignment surgery.
If that actually was a core theme of the genre, then holy cow, did Neuromancer miss the point of cyberpunk.

Projecting out where this philosophy leads (not being a 100% original birth-state human leads to madness and disconnect from existence,) I bet the world of Cyberpunk 2077 treats clones and sentient AIs like dogshit, either subtly or overtly.

And if it doesn't, it probably should.

Last edited:

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Appreciate hearing some trans folks explaining their reactions to this.

Feels like a lot of the trouble here ultimately stems from not giving non-binary people any agency as characters to play within a game world that depicts them.

Really wish the devs would clearly include that level of player customization as an option from the get go.

(Do we know for a fact that they don't? That artist's interview — which I read as honest and thoughtful despite the clumsy language — is confusing on this matter.)

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Are they going to acknowledge their shitty racial stereotypes and their poor track record on social media? I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Nov 15, 2017
Skövde
The "ChroMantic0re" ad shows a feminine presenting person drinking a fictional product called ChroManticore, with the phrases "MIX IT UP" and "16 flavours you'd love to mix" surrounding their bottom half. The puns don't necessarily make sense at first. But then you look down at the model's crotch where they have an enormous erection in their leotard. Nothing is left to the imagination in the photo. It's extremely sexually explicit.

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Appreciate hearing some trans folks explaining their reactions to this.

Feels like a lot of the trouble here ultimately stems from not giving non-binary people any agency as characters to play within a game world that depicts them.

Really wish the devs would clearly include that level of player customization as an option from the get go.

(Do we know for a fact that they don't? That artist's interview — which I read as honest and thoughtful despite the clumsy language — is confusing on this matter.)

There is no player customisation when you have a main character who is a *character* not a blank slate.

If you want customisation you give up on characterisation and vice versa, you can't have both. Nobody should be forced to make every main character of a game a blank slate just to be inclusive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly it seems there is not much to be said about this, it seems like people are overreacting about how trans people are portrayed because they can *only* see a single piece of sexualisation, because they don't actually have the game.

The overreaction stems from the fact currently 100% of all material related to trans people in Cyberpunk is sexualised.

...and yeah the game isn't out yet, go figure the one and only piece of content is being treated as representative of the whole experience.

Just seems like a gross overreaction from mining every single scrap of visible content for click throughs and something to talk about.

Judge a game when it is actually out, there's far too much attention paid to pre-release material IMO and not enough to all the games that are actually released.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The entire issue is it's the first in-game representation of a non-binary person that in context of the game is pure fetishization that was featured in a tech demo by pure coincidence.

You've got no idea if that is the case. The 48 minute demo isn't necessarily the start of the game. It's a short part of what is probably going to be a 30-50 hour title.

As for pure coincidence, well, they wanted to show off a snippet of the city and advertising is going to be prominent in said scene. No one even noticed it at first either considering that demo has been out since August 2018.

The artist is probably happy with her work, I'll assume that, and given she appears to be lead art director I'll also assume they want the sexually explicit nature of the world to be well known.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
There is no player customisation when you have a main character who is a *character* not a blank slate.

If you want customisation you give up on characterisation and vice versa, you can't have both. Nobody should be forced to make every main character of a game a blank slate just to be inclusive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly it seems there is not much to be said about this, it seems like people are overreacting about how trans people are portrayed because they can *only* see a single piece of sexualisation, because they don't actually have the game.

The overreaction stems from the fact currently 100% of all material related to trans people in Cyberpunk is sexualised.

...and yeah the game isn't out yet, go figure the one and only piece of content is being treated as representative of the whole experience.

Just seems like a gross overreaction from mining every single scrap of visible content for click throughs and something to talk about.

Judge a game when it is actually out, there's far too much attention paid to pre-release material IMO and not enough to all the games that are actually released.

I mean, they're the ones putting out this material. If there is more representation to be seen, they could have put anything other than a sexually explicit one out there. This is what they wanted the public to see, hell they've apparently put it on the wall of the E3 section. Asking people not to judge based on what is being presented, not to mention the transphobic tweets, is nuts.

They could have shown any kind of positive representation, if it exists in the game, and it probably would have done a lot to make people feel like they were turning the page after the shitty tweets and garbage apology. Instead they put this out there, and there are plenty of accounts from trans users about why they don't like it. I think making a judgment on the material presented is fair game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how pubs can throw to us all the marketing they want yet we are not allowed to react and judge it until the full game is released. What the fuck is the point then?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
For those who still find the image offensive, how would the developer portray an advert from an in game mega corporation in a cyberpunk world that is designed to be lurid and grab your attention without also creating an image that is offensive?

I can see where those who do find it offensive are coming from, but I'm struggling to see how they can make the same point without just removing the trans person

As a cis man this isn't really an area I'm an expert on, so any insight would be appreciated

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017

Wtf are you talking about?

Do even realize what kind of game this is? Do you have any idea how important that customization is to the experience of playing a cyberpunk role-playing game? Do you even know what this game is supposed to be based on?

It's like you're completely erasing the origins of the whole game, and why character creation is even included in the first place.

So, what, they're allowed to put out whatever the fuck they want and we're not allowed to criticize any of it? Yeah, nah, not havin' it.

And it's so fuckin' grand to see yet another cis person proclaiming our genuine reactions as "overreaction". So fuckin' grand.
For those who still find the image offensive, how would the developer portray an advert from an in game mega corporation in a cyberpunk world that is designed to be lurid and grab your attention without also creating an image that is offensive?

I can see where those who do find it offensive are coming from, but I'm struggling to see how they can make the same point without just removing the trans person

As a cis man this isn't really an area I'm an expert on, so any insight would be appreciated
Simple: show positive representation alongside the negative. They chose to show this as the only piece of trans representation we have in the pre-release marketing materials. That says a whole hell of a lot.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's extremely sexually explicit.

and?

the game is 18+ and plays in a cyberpunk world which is sexually explicit as a default. sex sells-also in this future. this is an advertisement.

i still think that this energy drink gives you a boner all night like a liquid viagra drink and therefore it is an explicit ad.

people are taking this ad out of the context, you can´t look at the advertisement without looking at the ingame universe where this ad makes sense.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
and?

the game is 18+ and plays in a cyberpunk world which is sexually explicit as a default. sex sells-also in this future. this is an advertisement.

i still think that this energy drink gives you a boner all night like a liquid viagra drink and therefore it is an explicit ad.

people are taking this ad out of the context, you can´t look at the advertisement without looking at the ingame universe where this ad makes sense.
This has been broken down and elaborated upon repeatedly throughout two threads.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and?

That was an assumption, and some people like myself thought it because another ad is for breast and penis implants.

But going on what the artist said this one literally is just a soda ad that uses sex appeal to sell like any generic ad for something today. Like the old diet coke ads I guess that had naked dudes in them. Straight of course.

The difference in the Cyberpunk world is supposed to be not only cis men and women are used in sexual advertising.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"Taking it out of context", meanwhile CDPR are doing zero to provide context or elaborate upon their allegedly well considered and nuanced take on gender identity and trans and non-binary people. Despite knowing full well their relationship with the LGBTQ+ community and past comments.

They've earned zero reason to be given the benefit of the doubt, they're not outwardly reassuring the community they've previously mocked and what has been shown isn't great.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Simple: show positive representation alongside the negative. They chose to show this as the only piece of trans representation we have in the pre-release marketing materials. That says a whole hell of a lot.

Yeah and I'm hoping the game does do this, but does that mean if the game does show positive trans representation in the final product, that the picture no longer becomes offensive, or is it less so with context?

I appreciate the point that this is the only thing they have really highlighted so far, and when coupled with some of the companies previous comments it doesn't bode well, so I can completely understand why anyone would be suspicious or wary of how this will be expressed in the final product

I'm cis and I thought the image was pretty on the nose, and then after the explanation from the developer decided to wait and see how the game as a whole deals with these issues before either praising or condemning it

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns About Transphobia and Misrepresenting Other Users; Prior Severe Infraction Related to Transphobia
The fact that developers can't explore themes like this without being immediately attacked is fucking sad, imo. It's shameful. Especially a developer like CDPR that explores themes other developers don't even dare to explore. It's all about grey zones and letting you decide for yourself: what's good, what's wrong (if that even exists).

What does everyone expect? A super safe, focus tested game? No cursing, nudity, violence, exploration of LGBT+ themes? Just a bland, PG13 game?

Extreme violence? Let's make a thread about how developers / artists should tone back the violence. They must be condoning this behaviour.

Cursing? Let's make a thread about it. How dare this - obviously written as an evil, villainous character - use curse words that they would probably fucking use IRL?! How do they fucking DARE?!

Exploration of LGBT+ themes? Let's immediately attack them, they must be homophobic / transphobic as fuck.

Does anyone realize that it's disrespectful to the people working there that you are all attacking them without giving them the benefit of the doubt? That there are LGBT+ people working there that are now immediately cornered by a mob as if they're working at a shitty, disrespectful place?

I think this trend of immediately ASSUMING the absolute worst is EXTREMELY toxic, and that's what we want to avoid in the first place, right? Stop jumping the gun.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
My naive self actually found the image striking and bold when I first saw it. Like a positive empowered image.

But now the creator comes out to clarify that its actually a negative portrayal meant to mirror sexualization in current society.

Ouch.

She says that person in the ad is powerful and sexy, but ad in itself is ugly and exploitative. So ad can be... both? Kinda. She is bold and empowered, but used for something ugly.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing Concerns About Transphobia and Misrepresenting Other Users
The fact that developers can't explore themes like this without being immediately attacked is fucking sad, imo. It's shameful. Especially a developer like CDPR that explores themes other developers don't even dare to explore. It's all about grey zones and letting you decide for yourself: what's good, what's wrong (if that even exists).

What does everyone expect? A super safe, focus tested game? No cursing, nudity, violence, exploration of LGBT+ themes? Just a bland, PG13 game?

Extreme violence? Let's make a thread about how developers / artists should tone back the violence. They must be condoning this behaviour.

Cursing? Let's make a thread about it. How dare this - obviously written as an evil, villainous character - use curse words that they would probably fucking use IRL?! How do they fucking DARE?!

Exploration of LGBT+ themes? Let's immediately attack them, they must be homophobic / transphobic as fuck.

Does anyone realize that it's disrespectful to the people working there that you are all attacking them without giving them the benefit of the doubt? That there are LGBT+ people working there that are now immediately cornered by a mob as if they're working at a shitty, disrespectful place?

I think this trend of immediately ASSUMING the absolute worst is EXTREMELY toxic, and that's what we want to avoid in the first place, right? Stop jumping the gun.

Totally agree with this post and kudos to cd project red for responding so quickly and with such a great answer.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
There should be a rule that whenever companies try to depict something about minorities that there should be at least 5 people from that minority group in the room to offer insight. Otherwise... just don't do it.

This is madness... their making a videogame, their not re-writing the law or something.
Its 18+ for a reason and if people are easilly offended its better for them to stay away from certain products.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The fact that developers can't explore themes like this without being immediately attacked is fucking sad, imo. It's shameful.
I think it's sad and shameful you're having a meltdown over people discussing something on an enthusiast gaming forum.

Especially when that discussion is about trans and non binary representation in a game made by a company that has outwardly mocked that community in the past.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's super revealing when people praise a big vidja company for "exploring" LGBT themes based on a single interview without actually knowing what's in the game, and then turn around and tell actual trans posters to shut the fuck up because their anxieties over being negatively represented by a company that has publically shat on them in the past were always totally unfounded outrage culture