• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god if I hear or read the words "bring the world together with epic entertainment" one more time.....

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Even if Blizzard did everything possible to apologize I doubt it would make a change to what's happening in Hong Kong, or for that matter Tibet or the Ugihers.
Why do people keep parroting this bullshit?? Who here said that boycotting blizzard is going to literally free the people of Hong Kong. There's legitimate reasons to be upset with an American company for punishing a Hong Kong citizens for speaking out about what's happening in Hong Kong against the demands of a tyrannical government. Why do I have to blindly accept that and continue to be happy and give blizzard my money when they do shit like that? Why do my actions regarding that become invalid if they don't also somehow save the people of Hong Kong at the same time?

The goal post keeps moving btw, before this apology, before blizz reduces the punishment, the parroted bs was that 'PrOTeSts DoNt Do AnYThiIng BtW'

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
The intention was to try and placate customers, seems to me that it's just made things even worse for Blizzard.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Just want to add myself to the pile of fuck Blizzard. Idiots just keep letting China continue to dictate American company discourse. Fuck off!

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Did you really expect any different? The people that go to to these things are massive fans, they will overlook the politics etc and just concentrate on their beloved games.

I always thought it was bizarre on here when so many people were predicting a shot show etc. It won't happen with besotted fans
I mean people bought tickets to this shit before all this stuff went down, so I would've hoped that there would be a good number of people going who actually cared about the situation and were only still going cause they already had tickets and hotels booked. But apparently shitty mobile games are more worth getting angry about than human rights.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Fair play to whoever wrote it as it is probably good enough for fans to go "Look, they apologised!" without Blizzard, ya know, having to do anything.
So whoever wrote it just saved some people a bunch of work.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Please accept this hollow apology we realized just at the start of our event, in the hope you don't make any noise about the issue during these 3 days"

Nov 1, 2017
So they didn't have the balls to actually do what they should have?! This is to placate those who wanted to feel better about supporting them still isn't it.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they don't want to get political and directly say they support Hong Kong, they could have at least lift the bans to appease the protest.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was a pathetic "apology". I really cringed when I saw his teary eyes and his cracking voice. Don't you see how this poor guy is suffering? Why are you so mean to him and his multi-billion dollar company?

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best apologies have no promises of action, no mentions of what the actual problems were, and no repairing of the original issues.
"tough hearthstone esports moment" is like a bad parody of "heated gaming moment", can't believe that was said remotely sincerely.
What is this thread title? Blizzard never mentioned Hong Kong and the situation they are responding to is not about the Hong Kong Protests but Blitzchung being banned for voicing his support of the protests, and even then, they didn't fucking mention it.

Fuck Blizzard, Free Hong Kong.
Not good enough of the statement. Why was he talking about power of video games when he should be talking about human rights.
This. So much this!

This was not a apology in any way or form. Nothing was said about China or Hong Kong and what their actions actually mean. This was some seriously condescending, disgusting words to people and acting like you give a fuck and you act like you take people's concern seriously. Like who the fuck cares how your communication was en not the implications from your actions, you China ass eating motherfucker. You can pretend all you want and that you care and that you are going to take any action to fix it without actually doing anything to fix it.

Your face is covered in some China black fucking looking goo and you smell like shit. Stop pretending its chocolate and that you smell like roses. We all know your covered in China's shit.

So once again: Fuck China, Fuck Blizzard and I hope the people responsible and that are okay with it, have a fucking horrible time.

Free Hong Kong!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is incredibly worthless. He's apologizing for not communicating. That's not the problem!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the edits to the latest OW2 video with freedom of Hong Kong references in it.

That Mei with Hong Kong t-shirt is awesome.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A hallow apology followed by a sea of announcements is basically them hoping for a "we forgive you, king" moment without any effort to rectify what happened.

My stance on them remains unchanged.

Free Hong Kong.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard opens Blizzcon 2019 by saying absolutely nothing to address the issue.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
If they're sorry, why did they only reduce the punishment they handed out?

They don't want to risk losing a billion potential players if the party bans Blizzard from china. If bliz has to chose between a hundred million worried people and a billion Chinese, they'll take the billion Chinese.
(that's my belief, i may be wrong, but i doubt so).

Anyway, they must be very happy, they know most people don't go beyond headlines... if people only read "Blizzard apologizes for its response to the hong kong incident", it's mission accomplished.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
They don't want to risk losing a billion potential players if the party bans Blizzard from china. If bliz has to chose between a hundred million worried people and a billion Chinese, they'll take the billion Chinese.
(that's my belief, i may be wrong, but i doubt so)
Nah you are absolutely right.
Money >>>>>>>> morals

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Reminds me a lot of Nick Robinson's apology from a couple years ago. Trying to skirt by without really saying or actually apologizing for anything.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
How is it that Blizzard has handled everything about this in the worst possible way? Good lord. Fuck Blizzard.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Blizzard did everything possible to apologize I doubt it would make a change to what's happening in Hong Kong, or for that matter Tibet or the Ugihers.
Guess we can't do anything about anything anymore, it's true.

Even if Blizzard rescinded everything they did and publicly supported the protest in spite of its financial burden, it wouldn't stop drug abuse in developed countries.

This is how you sound.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
My eyes just rolled right out of my head at this.

Such a hollow bunch of nothing was said. No punishments rescinded. Couldn't even say "Hong Kong." And people that gave heaps of money to be in attendance just ate this up wholesale.

Pathetic.

Nov 2, 2017
Put me down as yet another person mentioning that the thread title should be fixed to reflect that Blizzard did not actually apologize.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
(that's my belief, i may be wrong, but i doubt so).

Anyway, they must be very happy, they know most people don't go beyond headlines... if people only read "Blizzard apologizes for its response to the hong kong incident", it's mission accomplished.

Nop, you are correct. People hide behind companies to to make sure companies get the blame fro choosing money over anything.
The Notepad++ thread had someone posting a list of fortune 500 companies doing business in Xinjiang, and the list was depressing to say the list.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Any company that chooses to do business in China is choosing money over human rights. Nobody batted an eye until China started to flex their economic might and started to force companies to censor themselves outside of China. But when it was only Chinese citizens getting the shaft foreigners did not care.
Can you please not "always a bigger fish" this?

People are not asking blizzard to not do business in China, they are asking blizzard to not blatantly censor speech on behalf of China.

Why is that such a difficult concept for you?