• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

• Cyndaquil

• Oshawott

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Our first main game where the starters come from different generations. An archer in the making, a young samurai and the fire echidna, who will you choose?

15.jpg

Vote!

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Cyndaquil, though the way Oshawott's evolutions fit the setting so well tickles me.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The 2nd most Ninja starter

The Samurai starter

And for some reason Typhlosion is here too.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Rowlet is probably my favorite starter of all time so I couldn't be happier

Nov 3, 2017
Cyndaquil easy even though it's the least fitting, should've been Delphox or Charizard tbh (never used Rowlet and I think Samurott looks dumb)

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not really a fan of any of the three but I'll probably go with Rowlet because Decidueye is cool I guess

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I already used both Cyndaquil and Rowlet in the other games, so Oshawott wins by default.

I do like the whole samurai thing it has going for it, at least.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love me some water starters, but Oshawott truly is bottom tier of all the water starters. 😔

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oshawott is literally a samurai. He is the best for feudal Japan. Rowlett becoming an archer is close second. Typhlosion is just there

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Going to be tough because those were all my picks in their respective generations but right now I'm thinking Cyndaquil. Could easily change multiple times between now and launch.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Honestly they should have gone for Chimchar or Torchic for the Fire starter

Last edited:

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Do you even need a starter? Gameplay showed the player throwing pokeballs at wild pokemon Let's Go style.

Jan 4, 2018
Cyndaquil, easily. Rowlett is cute but I don't like the evolutions and Oshawatt is the ugliest starter in any game and it's evolutions don't redeem it either.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I usually go with fire, and Cyndaquil's always been a personal favorite, so that. Now if it had been Totodile as the water starter....

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
So the starters are a Samurai, Archer, and a Ninja(?) What even is Cyndaquil in this context.

That said, I stan Gold and Silver so Cyndaquil. The other two are good choices too though.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I voted Rowlett but unless he gets a boost to his stats, I'll probably eventually roll with one of the others.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is such an odd collection of starters... but Decidueye is definitely my favorite of the three.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Went with Oshawott in White, went with Oshawott in White 2, going with Oshawott again in Legends Arceus.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
I like each of the given starters but its Rowlet free.

How could you not want a Decidueye next to you? It's the only one with a secondary type too

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Oshawatt because as soon as I get out of the gates I'm getting a Chimchar and Turtwig and probably work on a Shieldeon

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
This is so hard for me because I love all 3 of these starters so much...
Probably Rowlet but I don't know. Cyndaquil was my childhood favorite starter

Dec 21, 2020
They're all pretty bad, but rowlet is less bad with its dual typing, a bit better than shallow cyndaquil in the long run and that it becomes a ghost type in the end. Samurrot is cool, but useless, like typhlosion.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Cyndaquil as it is my favorite starter Pokemon, not counting Eevee. The other two are good options as well though.