• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have no doubt they have the talent to make something like Sly, but judging by their portfolio and expertise as it stands, games with a more realistic art-style seem to be their strength. I think it would need to be something more like MGS even though that's not listed here obviously.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say let them create a new IP. There isn't anything in particular on that list that immediately jumped at me. Give them a blank canvas and a chance to prove themselves creatively.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see Alundra come back, but I'd want it in 2D and I'm not sure that's their speciality. I would also like to see more Dark Cloud, but I think that would need a more drastic reboot rather than a remake. I would also love to see Ico get a fresh lick of paint, but it's not really essential as it's a minimalist game so the basic visuals suit it well enough.

I voted for the Resistance trilogy. I love those games and Sony has a real gap in its catalogue with FPSs so that seems like a pretty good series to update and give another chance. Especially if they put the same care and attention towards it as they did the Uncharted trilogy.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
War of the Monsters needs a new game, full stop, but if it could be remade with better environmental destruction, then that would be my choice.

Imagine this

MedicalGlumArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

+

68db48_3cc3d7b809ab46da901a47fa71587e5c~mv2.gif

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Syphon Filter Trilogy. I'm playing the first one and it's very clunky, but it's also pretty ambitious for its time.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with any remake, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Legend of Legaia or UmJammer Lammy

Neither game deserves to be stuck on only the PS1

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Folklore. I never even played the original beyond the demo, but the concept was intriguing and the art fantastic. Would be an awesome game to remake

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Freedom Wars
Fix the obtuse upgrades and menus. Tighten the combat and bump it to 60fps. Put it on PS4 and PS5 and give it regular events and updates. You would have a solid arena shooter / hunting and crafting game that might have legs, exclusive to the Sony ecosystem.

Sep 24, 2020
I would love for Siphon Filter to come back and fill that Splinter Cell hole that is in many of our hearts. But Sony already has the 3rd person action genre on lockdown.

I think Sony could really use a FPS in their catalog. Killzone has more broad appeal but Resistance appeals to me more, especially after what Insomniac did with 3.

May 19, 2020
I'd prefer they get creative license to make a new version of an old IP or just a new IP entirely. Remake fatigue is real.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for putting COLONY WARS trilogy on the list.

It's the obvious choice really, they could make them 100% VR compatible and even add a Multiplayer mode.

8 votes for COLONY WARS as of now, 4 more and we'll be dozens!!

I have to say, this is quite depressing and I'm really disappointed in every single one of you.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Why waste Bluepoint on that when you can just get the original team to recreate it instead?
They're probably spread across a dozen companies? Many of them have probably not been doing game development for the last decade. I don't know. Could probably temporary employee some of the original leads. Demon's Souls Remake has the Creative director based in SIE Japan (who has worked on Bloodborne etc. I believe).

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Buy them.
2. Let them pick a dormant IP and run with it.
3. Expand them so they can do more than one project fully at once.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Ico. That game was way ahead of its time and with a new coat of paint it could really shine.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Syphon Filter. Feels like espionage themed games have died off this generation so I'd like to see a modern take on it.