• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I think Syphon Filter is right in their wheelhouse and would be an incredible franchise to kickstart again

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer a new game from them, let's see what they can do with a new IP. If I had to choose from the list provided I would go with Legend of Dragoon just because I want some more RPG's

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough BP director did indeed show interest with the LoD.

of course this doesn't mean they will work on it though

Last edited:

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
SOCOM is a good bet since the DualSense has a microphone built into it. With a sprinkle of Siege and a dash of Warzone it could be a hit

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone 1 could use a remake bad. It had the makings of a cool, innovative sci-fi shooter, but almost nothing was executed well. On top of that, the performance on PS2 was quite bad. The sequels, while vast improvements, moved away from what the first game aimed to do. A remake that improves the combat, AI, and checkpoint system, while retaining the squad dynamic, multiple paths, and character select options, would be special to see. The game will be 20 years old in a few years, and we haven't had a new Killzone in forever, so the timing makes sense, too.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It would probably be quite controversial among the biggest fans and I'm not sure if it's even possible, but I'd love it if they remade the God of War games as 3rd person action-adventure games like the 2018 game.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
juflps0f.jpg

Mar 10, 2018
I would like to see Jak 2 specifically get the Demon's Souls treatment. More of a reimagining than a 1-1 remake. Imagine GTA with Pixar-esque visuals.

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone 1 could use a remake bad. It had the makings of a cool, innovative sci-fi shooter, but almost nothing was executed well. On top of that, the performance on PS2 was quite bad. A remake that improves the combat, AI, and checkpoint system, while retaining the squad dynamic, multiple paths, and character select options, would be special to see. The game will be 20 years old in a few years, and we haven't had a new Killzone in forever, so the timing makes sense, too.

I've only played demos of KZ2 and 3 and found them OK. Currently playing KZ: Shadow Fall, and while it looks eye-meltingly good for an early PS4 game, it is also damn boring to actually play and the level design is meh. Are the old KZ games better?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
The SIE old game I would love a remake the most is Alundra, but I think Bluepoint would be an ''overkill''

I dont think it needs to be a big budget game with insane assets, something more stylized would be better, think what Nintendo did for Link's Awakening.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played demos of KZ2 and 3 and found them OK. Currently playing KZ: Shadow Fall, and while it looks eye-meltingly good for an early PS4 game, it is also damn boring to actually play and the level design is meh. Are the old KZ games better?
Most of them are better, in my opinion. I don't think KZ1 is better than Shadow Fall, but KZ2 is widely considered the best in the series, and I would say KZ3, Mercenary, and even Liberation are all better than Shadow Fall (although, Liberation is an isometric shooter, so not really comparable to the other games).

Sep 7, 2020
Give me a Realtime action Legend of Dragoon. I played this as a youngster so I really don't remember it being as bad as alot of people have said but I do remember gaining dragon powers and turning into a dragon-human hybrid which was cool.

Oct 27, 2017
Most of them are better, in my opinion. I don't think KZ1 is better than Shadow Fall, but KZ2 is widely considered the best in the series, and I would say KZ3, Mercenary, and even Liberation are all better than Shadow Fall (although, Liberation is an isometric shooter, so not really comparable to the other games).

I'd be interested in even just a port collection for PS4 or PS5, really. Shadow Fall isn't really bad as much as it's just boring and, at times, annoying (like, I just wanna shoot space nazis in the face, not skulk around in vents and meddle with my shitty little drone during combat).

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Very simple. Bloodborne.

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake or remaster, the only thing that would benefit it is to increase the frame rate to 60fps (and even that is already technically possible on a PS4 Pro thanks to Lance McDonald - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tqppZDYxw ).

However, as he says in the top comment of the above video:

" Patch Release and Usage: I'll be releasing this patch publicly once the PlayStation 5 has released and Sony have made it clear whether or not Bloodborne will be enhanced on that system in any way. Out of respect for PlayStation, I want them to have the first chance to put 60fps Bloodborne into the hands of players. This comment will be edited/updated with a download link for the patching utility for Bloodborne v1.09 in the future once this has happened. Obviously, you'll need a way to run unsigned code on a PlayStation console to use the utility once it's released."

As for anyone suggesting that BP make a Bloodborne 2 - without Miyazaki guiding the ship I wouldn't want to see anyone else make BB2.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
The original Deus Ex
(After Sony buys Square 😁)
While I don't want to see SE get acquired, a Deus Ex remake would be a dream come true. Even though none of Sony's studios have cut their teeth on immersive sims, I'd trust the IP would get the proper service it deserves.

Generally speaking, if SE is just going to let the Deus Ex IP languish, I hope someone else scoops it up. Too important a franchise to die.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
th

At anyone who didn't vote for Ico.

Legend of Dragoon? Really? That bloated mess of a game? Shit was bad even when it was new.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I cant vote for any of these when my heart wants them to remake MGS.

Lots of games on the list I'd like to see remade or have a new entry though.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I played this as a youngster so I really don't remember it being as bad as alot of people have said

I did too and replayed it in 2012ish and 2017, I genuinely don't understand where that opinion comes from. It's weird, because it's only an opinion I've seen on Era and GAF. The environments and locales are gorgeous, the combat is fun, the characters are great (my boy Lavitz). I'm not kidding earlier when I said it was the best PS1 RPG. If not the best, certainly up there.
Although I've never been able to get into Final Fantasy as a series, so that knocks a lot of those out of contention.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
My favorite game on the poll is Ape Escape 1, but I have this feeling if the game ever gets remade there's a very substantial chance it'll be outright worse than the original.

I picked Arc the Lad because I never got around to playing those games on PS1 and I'd be interested if they got remade. Don't have a ton of interest in much else.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Killzone 2, Resistance 3. The 2 best shooters of the PS3 era that are forever trapped on that hardware.

Oct 27, 2017
Heavenly Sword was very close to being a truly fantastic game but was bogged down with a lot of early in the generation game issues (like too much reliance on sixaxis). I would love to see that even if it is a niche opinion. I also thought there was a lot of potential to expand that universe and combat. Bar that Legend of Dragoon would be another choice, would be fascinating to see that kind of RPG with the production Bluepoint usually puts in - would need a lot of gameplay tweaks though.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this question is a tale as old as time

www.resetera.com

After Demon Souls, what game would you like to see Bluepoint tackle next?

Been thinking a bunch about this lately. This team is phenomenal at the work they do. I would love to see them tackle Metroid Prime, except for the fact that I don't think they'd wanna get close to Metroid ever again. So I suggest Eternal Darkness. A game in desperate need or rerecognition...

www.resetera.com

After Demon’s Souls, which game do you want Bluepoint to remake?

For me it would be Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, an absolute gem largely forgotten.

www.resetera.com

What games would you like to see get the Bluepoint Remake treatment?

After finishing the wonderful Shadow of the Colossus Remake I wonder to myself what games I would like to see get this treatment. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3: Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite series of games due to its fantastic story and gameplay wise. However, the reason I picked 2 and 3...

www.resetera.com

Bluepoint Games - where do they go from here?

The moment I read that rumor of a rumor of another Shadow of the Colossus remake on neogaf right before e3, my heart skipped a beat. The moment I saw the first frame of the trailer, I gasped and said out loud "Holy shit, it was true". Seeing this game at this fidelity has me feeling ways I...

for all the people who think Bluepoint are content to be a remake mill does anyone know if they harbour ambitions of their own?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I voted for inFamous 1+2 though I would actually want to see them fully remade as a single, massive game telling the full story of Cole MGrath.

A Killzone Collection would also be great, with heavily-expanded MP.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
this question is a tale as old as time

www.resetera.com

After Demon Souls, what game would you like to see Bluepoint tackle next?

Been thinking a bunch about this lately. This team is phenomenal at the work they do. I would love to see them tackle Metroid Prime, except for the fact that I don't think they'd wanna get close to Metroid ever again. So I suggest Eternal Darkness. A game in desperate need or rerecognition...

www.resetera.com

After Demon’s Souls, which game do you want Bluepoint to remake?

For me it would be Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, an absolute gem largely forgotten.

www.resetera.com

What games would you like to see get the Bluepoint Remake treatment?

After finishing the wonderful Shadow of the Colossus Remake I wonder to myself what games I would like to see get this treatment. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3: Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite series of games due to its fantastic story and gameplay wise. However, the reason I picked 2 and 3...

www.resetera.com

Bluepoint Games - where do they go from here?

The moment I read that rumor of a rumor of another Shadow of the Colossus remake on neogaf right before e3, my heart skipped a beat. The moment I saw the first frame of the trailer, I gasped and said out loud "Holy shit, it was true". Seeing this game at this fidelity has me feeling ways I...

for all the people who think Bluepoint are content to be a remake mill does anyone know if they harbour ambitions of their own?

Nice derailing of the thread.

Also while they surely have ambitions for their own IP, being one of the best remake studios in the industry is their legacy and they didn't get to that point because they hate the work. Even if they expand to work on their own IP, I'm sure they'll have a team that continues to work on remakes.

Now that that's settled, stop derailing the thread

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm gonna have to go with A new original ip or Legend of Dragoon. Legend of dragoon would be a big task..

But I would also like to see if Bluepoint could finally deliver this to us on PS5: