• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 24, 2019
Bluepoint has consistently done stellar work as the stewards of classic Sony IP like the God of War Collection, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, and (fingers crossed) the Demon's Souls Remake. With Demon's Souls almost out, what Sony-owned games do you think they should remake next for the PS5?

I tried to select the options based on 4 criteria:
1. Games that haven't recently received remasters/ remakes/ reimaginings (MediEvil 1, Ratchet & Clank 1, WipEout collection, etc.)
2. If series have tons of entries (like Syphon Filter or Ratchet & Clank) then I only selected the first three, since that would be the natural starting point
3. PS3 is the cut-off point
4. Sony has to own or co-own the IP (so no Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, etc.)

I tried to be comprehensive, but I'm sure there were things I might've overlooked, so my bad if there's something I forgot.

Too many options to fit on an Era poll, so the Strawpoll is here:
strawpoll.com

Which Sony-owned games should Bluepoint remake next? - Online Poll - StrawPoll

What's your opinion? Vote now: God of War 1-3, Jak and Daxter 1-3, Sly 1-3, Siphon Filter 1-3, Ape Escape 1-3, Twisted Metal 1-3, MediEvil 2, Tomba! 1 & 2, The Legend of Dragoon, Da...

Also this isn't a thread to talk about how you want them to make their own IP after Demon's Souls. That would be awesome and could very well happen, but it's also likely that they'll always keep a foot in their remake niche, so that's what we're focusing on in this thread. Thanks!

Curious to see how this poll will shake out!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Legend of Dragoon, because it's high time they tackle remaking a bad game. That's a real test of talent.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I request a ban for the OP because Tokyo Jungle was not on this list even with the extended poll.

Extra offense is putting nonsense like LBP on there and leaving off Tokyo Jungle...

edit: I now unrequest the ban since OP saw the error of their ways and added it

the sun will rise again

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I voted!

Legend of Dragoon, only because I want new games in most of the other series, not remakes.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Ico - To continue what they've already done with Shadow Of The Colossus, they already remastered it on PS3. Plus it would be a useful smaller scale project to get more familiar with PS5.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I request a ban for the OP because Okage: Shadow King was not on this list even with the extended poll.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Legend of Dragoon, because it's high time they tackle remaking a bad game. That's a real test of talent.

That's an idea that I've always been in favor of -- not LoD specifically, but the concept of remaking bad/ very flawed games.

While it's awesome to see masterpieces brought up to modern standards, I think there's a lot of cool potential to "fix" a broken game and deliver upon it's untapped potential. I'd like to see more remakes of black sheep games lol

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I see Tomba, I vote Tomba.

Though, rights of Tomba aren't with Sony right now I believe.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
none, time for an original game

(Other Ocean should remake ICO tho)

EDIT: ok, you got me OP

A Siren remake would be neat, Im sure the new hardware could give more depht to sightjacking,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I request a ban for the OP because Tokyo Jungle was not on this list even with the extended poll.

Extra offense is putting nonsense like LBP on there and leaving off Tokyo Jungle...
I request a ban for the OP because Okage: Shadow King was not on this list even with the extended poll.
Motorstom pacífic Rift.

Added these since I forgot them / never heard of some of them *cough* Okage *cough* :)

Please take mercy on me for my insolence and don't ban, mod-gods!

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not interested in any of those tbh. I would like to see what they could do with an own IP if they would want to do that.
None, I would rather Sony just buy them and say make something original.
I'd prefer a new IP. They've earned it by now.
none, time for an original game

(Other Ocean should remake ICO tho)

Come on guys, read the OP, it's right there:

Also this isn't a thread to talk about how you want them to make their own IP after Demon's Souls. That would be awesome and could very well happen, but it's also likely that they'll always keep a foot in their remake niche, so that's what we're focusing on in this thread. Thanks!

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to see them doing a collection, because that'll only limit what they can achieve with the remake. I want them to go all out and reimagine Syphon Filter or the first God of War.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I believe they said they wanted to or suggested to do an original IP after Demon's Souls, which I think it's great. But to answer to the poll, I voted The Legend of Dragoon, Tomba! would be awesome too! As for Tokyo Jungle, I believe Japan Studio will come back to that on day.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I love me a remake, but I'd let them have a shot at a new IP.

But maybe Syphon Filter?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Sony owned Wild Arms as well. The Legend of Dragoon could be interesting to see as well, but I think I'm more interested in Wild Arms, tbh.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Omega Boost as a gritty ZOE style mecha drama.
pkegk8ocir7x.jpg