• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BOTW2
Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Stories 2
No More Heroes 3
Bravely Default 2
N:TWEWY
Rune Factory 5
SMTV

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The sequel to the best game of this gen, God of War. Please Sony, don't fuck around and make it a PS4/PS5 game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Easily Breath of the Wild 2 with Gran Turismo 7 as a close second.

BOTW has become my 2nd favorite game of all time even over Chrono Trigger. Nothing will ever dethrone Suikoden 2 for me on my number one spot. It's not for nostalgia but for personal family related sentimental reasons.

If BOTW2 is an improvement over the first game. That makes it a hugely anticipated game for me.

As for GT7. There is nothing quite like the progression of a traditional Gran Turismo game of starting out with a low end commercial hatchback or pre-owned sports car and working your way up from nothing to high end exotics and supercars to eventually track purpose racing cars.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Since OP so kindly allowed it, FFXVI, by a country mile. I have every bit of faith in CBU3 to deliver a masterpiece.

Then it's the next XIV storyline-culminating expansion. Heck, this might even be my number one once they confirm Ishikawa to be the main writer on the storyline again.

It's a toss-up of GOW, Elden Rings and TWEWY 2 after that.

Last edited:

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I voted BOTW2. The other two that would compete with it are God of War and FFXVI but I don't think either will make 2021.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
BotW2. GoW would come in second but I don't think it will make it 2021.
If next years Pokémon will indeed be a Gen 4 remake then this will take second place.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nier Replicant
Final Fantasy XVI
Elden Ring

Really excited for Nier Replicant, its a remake/remaster of one of my favorite games of all time

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
So many good games (on paper). If 50% of this list actually releases in 2021, we will have a great first year for the new consoles.
I have a soft spot for Stray and 12 Minutes (not in the list).

I don't think God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI are 2021 games.
Elden Ring... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Voted for Horizon but it's pretty much directly followed by FFXVI, Elden Ring and Kena.
Weirdly I feel like there's no rush for God of War. I loved the last game but still don't feel as much anticipation about it as I do about these other games.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 Scramble and TWEWY2
God of War 2
Anf FF16 though i dont think itll release next year

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Riders Republic. I want that open world madness.
riders-republic-mass-race

Why am I just now hearing about this game??! I just watched a trailer and this looks right up my alley..

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Pikmin 4 if it's an actual thing (surely it launches next year right?). Pokemon Snap 2, followed by TWEWY2 otherwise.

Tentative on the Pokemon DPPT remakes, excited, but I don't trust them to be done well so I'm not that hyped yet.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Heart says Halo Infinite.

Head says God of War Ragnarok

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Elden Ring, nothing else comes close.

Deathloop after that, and I'm kind of loosely interested in Final Fantasy XVI and Weird West.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
God of War is not coming until early 2022 , stop voting it.

ELDEN RING is the correct choice

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
If it actually comes out in 2021, FF16 is my most anticipated for sure. After that would be GT7, The Medium, and Ghostwire Tokyo I think.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Only five people agreed with my vote... I am not even admitting which title it is now

Man there were a lot of titles I did not even recognize, I am not keeping up

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
BotW 2. It's going to be an amazing year if everything actually hits, but I'm not confident some of these aren't 2022!

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
lol at people thinking Elden Ring will be a 2021 game.

We'll be lucky if it releases before late 2022.

Aug 31, 2019
Scrolling through that poll you made me realise I'm not really anticipating anything. I think COVID broke me. Luckily, "not anticipating" doesn't mean "have no interest to play and think will be terrible", it's just that I am happy to leave thinking about them till when they're out.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Balan Wonderworld. Sonic is one of my favourite series' and I loved Nights and Billy Hatcher so definitely down for that.

Also hyped for RE8, SMTV and FFXIV Expansion 4. FFXV too if it actually releases lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The next God of War, by quite a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it misses 21 though.

After it, it's pretty tight between Horizon Forbidden West, R&C and Elden Ring (though also wouldn't be surprised if it misses 21 too). Guess I'll give the slight nod to HFW, as don't know when I'll get a PS5 and don't know how confident I am for ER hitting 21.

Sakon

Jul 19, 2019
It's Zelda and it's not even close. If it releases, that is... Which I feel it won't.