• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 5, 2021
silver-surfer-3.png

This run was based on Doctor Who.

We never tried to hide that Mike & my SILVER SURFER run was a love letter to DOCTOR WHO.
All of my plots tho were designed specifically for the Surfer.
Except 1.
6 years ago I tried pitching to the show.
1 of those pitches was later used for a Surfer adventure.
Here's the pitch:

E7TYDEVWYAMzsGP

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Ahh, 1989.

The X-men weren't shit yet, Wolverine's claws were not made of bone(as they should be), Jason Todd was dead(as he should be), and Barry Allen was dead(as he should be).

On the other hand, '89 is the year Liefeld started working on The New Mutants, so it was the beginning of the end.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I mean, part of the issue was that Marc Gruenwald used his power as editor to force strongly encourage other writers to use Quasar, since he really wanted his new character to succeed, and thus a lot of Quasar's appearances outside of his own title felt forced.

Like, Byrne said that he didn't have a choice about using USAgent and Quasar on the Avengers, but he was at least able to find a role that USAgent made sense in.
Ah, that explains why both of them were so prominent in that event where Earth got all the galaxy's criminals dumped on it and Ronan was the prison warden of Earth(while the Kree plotted to destroy it using Ego iirc).
Fun fact: She and Wendell are in a Mar-Vell/Rick Jones or Genis-Vell/Rick Jones situation rn. They switch places with the bands depending on who's needed at the moment.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Its really irritating that Simon Williams was never brought into the MCU. He was such a core member of the Avengers for so many years.

Mugenhunt

Oct 17, 2019
Ah, that explains why both of them were so prominent in that event where Earth got all the galaxy's criminals dumped on it and Ronan was the prison warden of Earth(while the Kree plotted to destroy it using Ego iirc).
No, Marc Gruenwald was dead by that point. Maximum Security used Quasar and USAgent mostly because Kurt Busiek likes using B-list characters.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes the superior Captain Marvel.This is interesting to see, also Quasar show when?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait.

On that list of Favorite candidate for Avengers membership, Giant-Man is there with 16 votes. Who is that? Bill Foster? I know the Ant Man there has to be Lang, who didn't become an Avenger until much later.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait wait.

On that list of Favorite candidate for Avengers membership, Giant-Man is there with 16 votes. Who is that? Bill Foster? I know the Ant Man there has to be Lang, who didn't become an Avenger until much later.
Yeah that would be Bill Foster, he would show up in avenger's book but wasn't an official member. He had his own miniseries for a while

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that would be Bill Foster, he would show up in avenger's book but wasn't an official member. He had his own miniseries for a while
I see I see.

I always thought he was just (Black) Goliath and never actually Giant-Man. Though that, until recently, only Pym ever had that name.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Even back then people had the good sense of liking Black Knight. Here's hoping Eternals is well-received as is Kit Harington's portrayal of Dane. We need more Black Knight goodness.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Even back then people had the good sense of liking Black Knight. Here's hoping Eternals is well-received as is Kit Harington's portrayal of Dane. We need more Black Knight goodness.

I don't care if we never see any of the Eternals again, I want Black Knight on the Avengers asap

That movie is a Dane Whitman delivery vessel as far as I'm concerned

Last edited: