• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thread title is the question

• i have had it

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • i know someone

Votes: 507 39.6%
  • i know someone who knows someone

Votes: 409 31.9%
  • i do not know anyone/i have not had it

Votes: 459 35.8%

• Total voters

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
2 of my work colleagues have had it (independently of one another). That was six - eight weeks ago and no one else has contracted it.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
He never tested positive, but I'm pretty sure that my dad had it back in early March when he began showing the symptoms and literally 20 other people at his job called out sick in a single day. It was later confirmed that one of my dad's coworker's fathers had it. Luckily my dad is in really good health despite being 56 and made a quick recovery. While he was sick, my mom made sure to sanitize the entire house and sleep in a separate room. Meanwhile at my dad's job (a Lexus dealership/bodyshop), they sent everyone home and spent the next 5-10 days sanitizing every surface and car in the dealership.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might have had it, but I'm not sure. Had similar symptoms, but testing was not available at the time. I had a fever for like 10 days and some respiratory symptoms, but I can't confirm it was covid and didn't get serious enough I thought I needed to go to the hospital.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My best friend's sister had it... at least that is what the doctor said. She didnt do any test (yay Brazil!), but had all the symptoms, then a week later she didn't have symptoms anymore so the doctor said she was fine (no tests again, yay!). My friend went to visit here (not actually a visit, just showed up to deliver a package) but I think that was dumb, I highly doubt she would be safe to interact with if just a week earlier she had all the symptoms. Does anyone know anything about it?

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
What was the improvement timeline with remdes?
Curious did that trial helped you recover faster? in your opinion that is. I wonder if your body fought it off or was it a mix of both.
Difficult to say. By the time they actually have it to me (there was a couple days of prescreening), I only got three doses before I was recovered enough that I was discharged. I don't have a control group where I wasn't treated, so I don't know if it sped anything up. It didn't seem like it did? The trajectory of my recovery didn't seem that different from before, I was getting better at a pretty steady pace.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
My brother in law, a pediatric oncology nurse, had it early on which was super scary for him and his wife (who is in the same profession, and they both deserve the world for it) but now both of them appear fine. My sister never caught it, thankfully. Them both working in a hospital certainly helped with early testing, I imagine.

Vargas

Oct 27, 2017
I know of two friends and a few family members that have had it, fortunately that have all recovered.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
My uncle who has Friedreich ataxia muscular dystrophy has it currently, along with pneumonia. He is pretty damn old for having his disease, but he is doing surprisingly well. He is in a nursing home.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Hmm, I'd love a poll response "people I know say they had it but I have my doubts in part because they didn't actually get tested"

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Fuck, this thread is depressing. I haven't answered the poll cause we're not yet sure but a close family member may have it. Their symptoms have gotten really bad and we're taking them to hospital tomorrow for testing.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I know two people who had it: A former colleague (who I also went to kindergarten with, so like me in his mid-30s) recovered, another guy (in his early 50s) who I knew through mutual acquaintances and had talked to a couple of times at parties/festivals unfortunately died 5 days after being admitted to the hospital.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Relatives in New York have it. Their entire family got it when the son came home from Spain.

Haven't heard any news about them since I was told about it.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in our office died from it and several others had it.

A person two houses down from ours was in the ICU for 2 weeks with it but survived.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I know a few someones who know someone who definitely had/have it, and I know one someone who presumed they had it but testing was so difficult and obtuse at the time that they didn't bother and just self-quarantined for 2 weeks; seemed likely to be it from what they described of their symptoms and experience with it.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I think i might have got it but never got tested. I never get sick, my last sick day was 4 years ago. But in February I got the flu and it hit me harder than anything I can remember hitting me, it was something I never felt before. I never got tested, and maybe it was just a flu who knows..

Oct 25, 2017
I was sick with COVID symptoms for about 3 weeks, but couldn't get tested so I'm not sure if I had it or not.

I know a few who had family members die from it. One lost both parents on the same day.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My mom works in homes taking care of older clients who cant really take care of themselves, usually mentally, some weeks ago a co-worker started feeling bad and she sent her home, wwas a scare but nothing else happened at 1st. Then it was confirmed that she had covid 19 but at the time there was no other cases at the house, soon one of the clients started feeling bad, she caught it. And then another client caught it, one had to be taken to the hospital and the other was "fine" enough to ride it out at home.

I was constantly worried sick for my mom, she is about 62 and has diabetes tho she is otherwise healthy.
By some miracle my mom has been able to dodge this so far, remember that she works in literal homes so shes always in close proximity but it seems she hasent caught it and her clients and coworkers have recovered.

I really hope she hasent but if she ever did catch it, it will atleast mean she was asymptomatic and I could atleast stop worrying so much about her, but we may never know if she is. She was scared for a while and thought she had symptoms but those symptoms cleared up so who knows.

I also have another, my uncle's baby mama and the mother of my cousins did die from covid, I didnt know her personally but I atleast feel for my cousins.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Technically I know a coworker who got it but I don't know who it is. We got an email that someone from our office tested positive recently and I know everyone at that office. We have been remote since early March though so I assume they didn't catch it at the office.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a week in the hospital for acute respiratory failure, got to participate in the remdesivir trial. AMA
That is the drug used for hiv and cancer patients, right? That has recently given me some hope but I heard they are still testing but it could be a break through

Last edited:

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
My cousin's husband died of it a few weeks ago. He was in his early 40s.

Another cousin had it but, thankfully, she recovered.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
My grandmother has it and lives in a nursing home where they are dealing with a pretty massive outbreak. She is in day 17 and still hasn't tested negative but she seems to be okay. No symptoms, just testing positive. I was tested last week after having a fever on and off for a week. I tested negative, thankfully.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
No one in my family or extended family, but it feels like every week another coworker tests positive. Up to 5 from this started.

You can always tell when it happens because a full sanitization crew pops up to clean the entire building and they check cameras to see who worked with said coworker and they and everyone potentially exposed get sent home for weeks.

As far as deaths, within their families, there have been 3 that I know of, but people have literally been missing since it began and no one knows if they're alive or not because we can't get in contact with them. :/

Edit:
Just remembered an ex manager who worked here died from it a few weeks back too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My roommate's best friend died from it. He was in his 30s and didn't have any obvious risk factor like diabetes or asthma. It happened really early on and it has made me extremely anxious about possibly having to go back to work.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
yeah dad had it and my mums best friend and her husband had it. fucking scary.

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I know someone and she died. She's a branch manager and have diabetes. Now no one will enter her office. Feel sad tbh she's a good person

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
I work in a nursing facility so I know quite a few people that have it. Out of the 36 people; 3 have died, and 10-15 felt perfectly fine, the rest said it was like an extremely bad flu.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
2 of my friends have had direct relatives who have died.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
My wife is convinced I had it back in early January. Had a temp of 104 that would break and come back every day for a week. Headaches, muscle aches, chills. Had a cough for like 3 weeks after and I lost sense of taste for a week around week 2 which was a new experience. Probably the worst I had ever been sick.

Didn't get tested though. Hell I didn't even know about covid19 until like mid March.
Sounds like you had it.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I know at least ten who have had it (all family). I think I and my parents had it, and on friday we are burying my uncle who died from it.

I feel like I have had PLENTY of Covid in my life so far.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I got it simply because my mother got it and I was one of the only people she met with and she was extra careful the few times she went out, which was only to go to the grocery store and that was like once a week. Masks, gloves, washing hands before, after but before we got into the car and then after she got home. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten from work (a huge wareshouse) but didn't show any symptoms. Despite being in her mid 70's she has made a full recovery after feeling like shit for a week and a half. I was luckily not at work when this happened as we were furloughed at the time so I was basically quarantining myself anyways.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Testing here is almost non existent, and so far, most of the deaths have concentrated in specific states/cities, so no one in my periphery have been impacted in any noticeable way.

My state is reopening in the following weeks, even though officially pretty much no one has gotten it here. Somehow, that make sense for them.
So, guess we will see how bad is bad, soon.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
The lack of testing in most countries makes it tricky.
I'm not convinced most of us who think we have had it in Dec/Jan/Feb, actually had it.
Theres also infection clusters, rather than percentage of population at random.

My GF knows a few who have tested positive. I know two who weren't tested, but were wrecked for two weeks recently.