• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was your history with Mass Effect?

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be my first time playing

Votes: 219 12.8%
  • I played all 3 games in order on one system with all DLC

Votes: 546 32.0%
  • I played all 3 games but didn't experience all DLC missions

Votes: 503 29.5%
  • I played all 3 games, but out of order or on different systems

Votes: 86 5.0%
  • I played 1 or 2 of the games, but not all three

Votes: 317 18.6%
  • I played Mass Effect Infiltration. And only Mass Effect Infiltration.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in Mass Effect. Why am I here?

Votes: 35 2.1%

• Total voters

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I played ME1 on 360 about 8 times with the DLC, then got it again on PC where I played it a few more time and then played ME2 and ME3 with all DLC on there half a dozen times each or more.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I played through all 3 games on PC. Played through ME1 twice. I sunk the most time into ME2 (played all the DLC).
I did take my time getting to ME3 though...I was annoyed at the time it wasn't on Steam lol.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the first one on 360 (borrowed a friend's copy), really enjoyed all the conversation-y intro stuff that was going on, and then got to the first combat encounter and all my AI allies kept running in and dying, leaving me to die, too, with no backup left. As far as I was able to determine at the time, it seemed like they were perma-dead, so I tried again. After about 3 rounds of this, I decided the game was far too hard for me and gave up.

I keep hearing they are amazing games, though, and I'm sure that I must have somehow misunderstood what was going on in that encounter. It's the first combat in the game, and the series to my knowledge has not built a reputation off of its difficulty, so I'd like to try it again.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played the first two and DLC, but never grabbed the 3rd one. I was always curious about it. But I then grabbed a Wii and started playing less story based games, and started focusing more on arcade-like titles, and then just never finished the series. Super Mario Galaxy was so fun that it sort of broke my interest in "immersive" types of games for a very long time. In fact, that interest never fully recovered.

But I may be willing to give the trilogy another shot at the right price.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Played the oryginals on PC when they released, played it on X360, played it on PS3 last year. That includes all DLCs and unlocking all of the achievements for at least one platform.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Went over to a friend's house, they showed me Mass Effect for the first time and then proceeded to never finish the first game. Meanwhile that small taste I got was enough to be hooked, I became a lifer.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Played the first one in 2010 I think, and fell in love instantly.

Picked up the 2nd in 2011, and loved that as well.

Before the 3rd one was released, I replayed the first two, and subsequently was burnt out when I got to the 3rd one, only played a few hours.

A few years later, I played them all back to back, put in over 150 hours total over a few weeks and goddamn, what a great time to be alive!

All in all, I think I've been through ME2 the most because while the story of the first game is better, the gameplay in 2 is just sublime. I'd wager I've been trough ME2 somewhere around 6-7 times, ME1 about 4 times and ME3 I've played through 2,5 times.

I'm excited for May!

Oh, and all games on PC, with and without mods

As a sidenote, I bought a new gaming laptop for ME:A, and quite enjoyed it!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I played all of it, dlc included, in order, on PC.

And I just want to go through it all again.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Played all games multiple times on my 360.

I am really looking forward to the DLC, especially this Citadel mission I hear so much about.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Never cared much about the first game because it was on 360 and i had a PS3. Played ME2 on a whim in 2011 and loved it, played 1 & 3 afterwards when they came to PS3 in 2012. Replayed the whole trilogy in early 2019 again on PS3.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played and finished Mass Effect 1 6 Times on Xbox 360 and 3 Times on PC.

Finished Mass Effect 2 12 Times on PC.

Finished Mass Effect 3 2 Times on PC.

Dabbled with the collection on PS3 but did not finish a single game.

Never finished Andromeda.

Will buy the Collection Day1 on PS5 and finish them all again.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Bought and love ME and ME2 on release for 360. ME3 released when I was in college, and I didn't really game much then so I have yet to play it. Looking forward to checking them out again

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the option for I've played all three games multiple times on multiple systems and even modded all my ME games on PC to replay them again?

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I played through the trilogy on 360 back in the day. I beat most of the ME 1 DLC, all of the ME 2 DLC and didn't touch any of the ME 3 DLC due to hating the ending.

I'm excited to go through everything this time and experience 3 with a different perspective now that time has passed

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
All 3 games, all DLC, PC.

Some of the graphical changes have me worried, but I like what I'm hearing about the gameplay changes. ME is one of my favorite franchises so bar the collection coming out with insane bugs/crashes I'm definitely getting it.

It'll be interesting to compared the graphics to the modded original games.

King_Britain

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played Mass Effect 1 & 2 at least 20 times each although i had a habit of repeating my choices just because i loved the characters. I've only played Mass Effect 3 once and i was enjoying it until that ending, it really just killed my opnion on the game. I did intend to replay it once they brought out that big update but for some reason i never did.

I bought Andromeda on launch but only ended up getting around halfway before giving up...

Can't wait to get back and make all the same choices again!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I've played all three on Xbox 360, ps3, and multiple times on pc, even once on Xbox one x through bc though I didn't finish 3. I only own all dlc on 360 and pc.

I'm a huge ME fan with tshirts, posters, collectors editions, books all that jazz. I even enjoyed Andromeda and own it on all systems.

Already preordered Legendary edition on console and will buy it for pc at some point.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I played the ME2 demo on PS3 and was really interested in the series. But, since the 1st game wasn't available, I never played it. I've been waiting for a remastered trilogy bundle for a while, and am REALLY excited to finally play this series!

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Played in order on PC, all from day one.

Only DLC I haven't touched is Pinnacle Station.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
a few hours into 1 and a few hours into 2. Ready to play to all, same with the wife

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I own all 3 on 360. I never got off the Citadel in ME1 and thus never saw the rest of the series.
I then bought the trilogy for PS3 for like 4.99 in some sale and again never left the Citadel in ME1.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I tried to play 1, but hated how it controlled. Played 2 and did literally everything in the game. Same with 3. Stoked to finally play 1 as it should have been.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Played the first, some of the second. I don't remember much really, so this should be fun.

Theron

Oct 28, 2017
Played the first game on Xbox then the subsequent games on PlayStation. Since the series started as an exclusive on Xbox it was the only time I have owned both systems for a period. That's how good the game was 😄

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I played all 3 games in order on PC. I only played the DLC that mattered to me.
I've also played the console version (PS)

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've played all three and loved them. But I've played each of them several times. I don't know if I feel like playing them all over again. I could never get through Andromeda.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I got into the series on PC a few months before ME3 launched.

I basically only played the base games, and 3 with From Ashes since it came with the special edition of the game. I was a broke college student back them and the weird setup the DLC had with having to buy directly from Bioware and it being rarely, if ever, on sale kept me from buying any of it. So this will be my first time experiencing pretty much all of that, including the extended cut ending, which I missed because I finished ME3 long before it released.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played all 3 games on the PS3 with some DLCs missing from ME3(like the Citadel one).Replayed just ME1 a few years ago but didin't continue with the rest of the games for some reason.

Can't wait for the Legendary edition

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not too sure if I finished ME1 on PC, but played it on that. Got through 1-3 on 360, with whatever campaign DLC there was. I'm still on the first monolith or whatever in MEA, I haven't bothered going back to that game after the first weekend of release.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was and remain very interested in the franchise. However, anytime I started playing Mass Effect 1, I lose interest pretty quickly because of the stiff character animations and bland voiceovers and characters. It bored me to tears.

Everyone who says Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games of all time, I believe them, but my OCD won't let me skip ME1 and so far I haven't been able to get invested enough in the first game.

I'm excited to play Legendary Edition, but it will absolutely be the last chance I give the series.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I have all three collectors editions on 360 (managed to get the first one signed by Mark Meer, too!). Played them, and all DLC, there. Many, many times :)

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I've played through ME1 a bunch of times, and each of the sequels through once. Never played any of the paid DLC for any of the games, and since EA has kept them ludicrously expensive to buy over the past decade, I'm mainly interested in playing those through for the first time.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
I was a spectator watching my brother end the trilogy. Never appealed to me although the plot seemed interesting. Bioware games just aren't for me.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
I played all 3 games but sadly I only played 1 or 2 dlc's, so the game including 40 of them makes this an easy purchase in may