• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whats your marital status

• Single

• Married or cohabiting

• Married or cohabiting and have children

• Single with children

Results are only viewable after voting.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Married since 2011 when we were both 22. Now have 3 kids together (and no more! lol).

It's...rough.

Last edited:

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to quote Marty from True Detecttive. Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing.
Single

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Widowed with one kid. Dislike answering such polls/questionnaires/etc as "single" which sucks, though I certainly feel like I will die just as single as I am.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Married for 3 years, had our first child last year. We are... doing well considering the state of the world.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Single and have been for the most part of my life

People are fucking difficult to be around ive found

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Extremely surprised at how few single parents there are on Era, like wildly disproportionate.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum, it's kinda strange that a poll about marital status doesn't diferentiate between marriage and cohabitation 🤔

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Engaged, been together for 10 years and living together. Just bought a house. We were supposed to get married last june but covid fuck that up.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I'm guessing there are more than 1000 Era users, and a thread on marital status probably creates a self selection bias of people who have one.

Then again, forums are trending older and older, and past thirty most people are in fact cohabiting.

It seems that quite a few singles and people with other statuses not listed have chimed in too.

It's interesting how it seems common to see threads about dating problems/not being interested in dating/not being interested in marriage or children, and how the numbers skew, not that this is a representative sample.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
November will be 12 years. I'm that time we've had two children and i came out as trans. My wife is the best most caring and understanding person in existence.

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah me too. But damn I'm so much happier.
Generally me too, at least on a personal level.

I've now begun to reassess my career goals in light of the changes and it's causing some internal back and forth. Leaning heavily towards a step back and more quality time at home. After the past year I get the sense I'll be fifty and they'll be in college before I even know it.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's fun to think about how many people you argue with on this site are geezers with kids. Makes me feel young! And single.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Generally me too, at least on a personal level.

I've now begun to reassess my career goals in light of the changes and it's causing some internal back and forth. Leaning heavily towards a step back and more quality time at home. After the past year I get the sense I'll be fifty and they'll be in college before I even know it.
Time does race by, doesn't it? Home schooling both this past year while trying to work as a single parent has aged me a few years I swear.

but yeah, they'll be surly teens in no time.
and I'll be 50 with them in second and third grade. So I'll never retire. lol

Kojirospath

Oct 26, 2017
Married for two years soon. Just bought a house together. If love won't ķeep us together atleast the mortgage will😂

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Single.

FUCK the idea of getting married.

I'm a white male, and as of the 21st century (as well as in the 90s and in the decades before) I know for certain that getting married and having children has no chance (less than 1%) whatsoever, except to end in disaster, wreckage, heartache, depression, etc... AT BEST.

ESPECIALLY if one has children.

America is a completely and utterly FUCKED world to get married in, to be married, stay married and to have and raise children in.

Both of these major things in life (marrage & kids) are fucked (no pun intended) IMO, with little chance of a good outcome, and extremely high changes of DISASTER, or complete disaster and RUIN....To me, the thought of being married (or any serious relationship like that) with or without kids, so utterly laughable, that thinking about it myself induces both laughter and rage at the same time.

I feel badly for people who are in, or have gone through, the soul-crushing fuckery of it all, especially those who already have children, and so sadly often, they to are now suffering because of all going horribly wrong, and the ramifications (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc) of divorce, broken homes. The ruin, destruction and devastation can and does often last a lifetime for couples with kids, or someone else's kids, or whatever.

tldr: SINGLE and HAPPY about it.