• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This isn't a joke, because none of this is a laughing matter, but there's going to be lots of women disappearing in and around state capitals in the coming years.

Lots of women dying in unlicensed medical facilities, lots of women dying by trying to take their own healthcare options into their own hands, lots of women arrested for going across state lines and coming back to a state that outlaws abortion.

Lots of dead women.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Are you... blaming leftists for this shitshow?
I'm not sure how you get that from what I wrote. I'm explicitly stating the left and the right are not the same here and that those that sat out in 2016 because they thought they were (or just didn't care about the outcome) bear responsibility for this outcome as well.

Unless this is all some veiled attempt to say Democrats aren't 'leftists'.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Sigh. Well progressives, will women suffer enough now for you to vote? Or do we have to wait till they come back for your precious weed?

Thankfully I am beyond breeding and have a husband that will approve of any medical procedure science deem I need. For I two month, my body will not be my own. True freedom in America only exist for white men.

But I cry for the younger generations who were told no way Roe could be overturned. They bought into the lie that freedom cannot be taken away, so don't fight to keep it. They bought into the lie only progressives could can things. Well, only progressives didn't do squat.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Sigh. Well progressives, will women suffer enough now for you to vote? Or do we have to wait till they come back for your precious weed?

Thankfully I am beyond breeding and have a husband that will approve of any medical procedure science deem I need. For I two month, my body will not be my own. True freedom in America only exist for white men.

But I cry for the younger generations who were told no way Roe could be overturned. They bought into the lie that freedom cannot be taken away, so don't fight to keep it. They bought into the lie only progressives could can things. Well, only progressives didn't do squat.

Why are Progressives being blamed specifically?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
A bunch of this is just wrong.

1) She campaigned a ton in PA and lost it. Same with Ohio. I don't have the slightest fucking clue how people say "she never visited the rust belt" with a straight face. Just an appalling lie that gets repeated over 5 years later by trolls. You're spreading a bunch of total BS that doesn't withstand any scrutiny. She should have campaigned more in WI/MI, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the election. She needed to win PA, or OH, or FL, or GA, and lost all four despite campaigning there.

2) The "pied-piper" strategy is what people on Era do constantly, and is basically a cornerstone of American politics. You try to paint your opponent party by their most extreme elements. That's just basic shit that people are trying to paint as some totally new and unique blunder, which is wrong.

3) Her campaigning wasn't lazy. People post this really stupid GIF of cities that is intentionally cut to include the time she got pneumonia and the time when she was prepping for debates, while Trump's schedule was him basically doing a bunch of scattered low-effort airport rallies then taking off immediately, and then turning in the single worst debate performance in modern presidential campaign history.

You're spouting a bunch of tired BS that should have been lost to time over the last five years but they've lingered around as just tells for what time of shit media bubble some people live in.

You might as well save your time and energy. You can go around with these people for days and days. People just want to fall back on easy narratives regardless of how true they are or aren't.

EDIT: Just look at the last few posts to see where this thread is going. People just want to sling mud and punch left. They don't care about the why or how we actually got here.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Are you... blaming leftists for this shitshow?
Yes, I would. Because we have the numbers. But leftist, progressives, dems, same people, all of them are too busy fighting amongst themselves to do anything positive. We are here because they refuse to unite in the face of obvious fascism. And now, only white men are truly free in the country. Truly free to continue return the nation to white, elite rule over everyone else.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I would simply blame Republicans.
Hmm. I'd figure the blame lies with those who vote republican—that seems far more logical.
Pretty sure this is republicans fault

No, it's the fault of the people who decided not to turn out to vote for Clinton and the people who decided to vote third party instead of voting for Clinton. 2016 to 2020 was 3 Supreme Court seats.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
This forum's obsession with holding the party not doing evil things more responsible than the party doing evil things is exhausting.
It's truly miserable, and self-defeating.

Some of the same posters who downplayed the threat to Roe v Wade in 2016 are still here spending all their time and effort lambasting Dems and ignoring Republicans. Useful idiots for the evangelical fascists.

The bodily autonomy of millions of women on the chopping block, and we still have scores of fake progressives who won't lift a finger to oppose it unless they get their perfect unicorn candidate in every single election.

We've already seen that consistent voting and unified messaging has given Republicans everything they ever dreamed of. Why can't we learn from this?

Last edited:

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Yes, I would. Because we have the numbers. But leftist, progressives, dems, same people, all of them are too busy fighting amongst themselves to do anything positive. We are here because they refuse to unite in the face of obvious fascism. And now, only white men are truly free in the country. Truly free to continue return the nation to white, elite rule over everyone else.

We're really mainly here because of people who vote for the GOP.

Moderates and Independents decide elections more than Progressives. Numbers don't matter in gerrymandered elections, and they also only matter for Presidential elections in certain areas.

No, it's the fault of the people who decided not to turn out to vote for Clinton and the people who decided to vote third party instead of voting for Clinton. 2016 to 2020 was 3 Supreme Court seats.

So we'll just absolve those who voted for Obama then Trump?

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Why are Progressives being blamed specifically?
Because many progressive, even on this board told women not to worry, Roe will always be there. And if you don't vote progressive, you (women) deserve the pain that comes from not voting progressive.

This is the result progressives wanted- don't vote for us, we won't join your coalition, so voter will learn from suffering. Progressives treated women right like it is some Nolan batman move.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
No this is the fault of republicans who voted for Trump. This is the fault of Obama->Trump voters in swing states.
If you want to blame democrats, blame Clinton who didn't bother to campaign in the midwest and picked an anti-abortion running mate.
But that's beside the point, this is primarily the Republican's fault and something they've been work towards for decades.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Because many progressive, even on this board told women not to worry, Roe will always be there. And if you don't vote progressive, you (women) deserve the pain that comes from not voting progressive.

This is the result progressives wanted- don't vote for us, we won't join your coalition, so voter will learn from suffering. Progressives treated women right like it is some Nolan batman move.

I haven't seen that so I can't speak to that as I haven't seen that.

As a Leftist/Progressive, whichever word folks want to use, I do a ton for my community and vote. Leftists/Progressives in my community are the ones actively helping folks with abortion funds. Moderates aren't doing anything. The average Dem voter isn't doing anything. Your ire is misdirected.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'll reiterate a conversation I just had with a friend irl about this, because I find it relevant here:

"Look, I'm glad you voted. It just sucks that I had to spend the entire year before vigorously fact-checking every anti-Dem bit of nonsense you found on Twitter from some anonymous 'Bernie-with-laser-eyes' account."

It's good that people vote regardless, and I understand that a lot of the people in here did vote regardless of how they feel about the party. And yes, I will also reiterate that I don't think anybody is asking anyone in here to be active cheerleaders for the Dems. Have your problems with them! I do (and I'm one of the BIGGEST Dem ass-kissers here, let this forum tell the story).

I'm going to reference Black voters as a block again, because something I've encountered often is this belief that Black voters vote the way that we do out of "blind loyalty" or because we love the Democratic Party. And it's like...lol, no? Black voters don't like HALF these assholes.

Did y'all miss 2016, when BLM had smoke for EVERYBODY? Nobody escaped.

And sit in a town hall in a majority Black district and try to tell me Black constituents don't hold these candidates feet to the fire when they get the opportunity. Ol' Homeboy Fetterman right now won't even campaign in Philly because of this.

No, Black people vote how we do, prioritize how we do, and discuss politics how we do, because we live with the constant understanding of what's on the other side. And it's through that lens that I view these conversations.

Look, I don't have the most concrete data, so a lot of this could be 'Tales from Royalan's Succulent Ass.' But what I do know is that, regardless of if and how you voted, if you spent every minute up to stepping into your polling place (and every minute after) shitting on Dems, and amplifying blatant misinformation because it makes you feel good because it shits on Dems, and attacking anyone you perceive to not be shitting on Dems enough and calling them shills/establishment/sheep/etc.. Then yes, this is a form of suppression that you are engaging in. And people are allowed to be upset about that. Great that you voted; how many people did you convince not to?

In this thread there are people posting blatant false shit right out of the Alt-Right misinformation playbook. In this thread!

And the solution to that is not blind loyalty to the Dems. The solution to that is due diligence.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm not sure how you get that from what I wrote. I'm explicitly stating the left and the right are not the same here and that those that sat out in 2016 because they thought they were (or just didn't care about the outcome) bear responsibility for this outcome as well.
Then let's also ensure the party bears some blame for putting out a candidate that people didn't actually want.
Unless this is all some veiled attempt to say Democrats aren't 'leftists'.
I wasn't attempting to veil this. I thought this was largely accepted. Lots of Americans think they're on the left, but globally Democrats are only barely and sometimes left of the center. Sometimes on social issues... and then there's everything else.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
as a non-American who casually follows American politics, im still truly baffled by Leftists who refused to hold their nose and just vote for icky Clinton to block Trump from getting power.

it was obvious even observing from afar that Trump would nominate far-right religious nutters to the SC, and that Clinton most certainly would not. WHY wasnt that enough of a reason to vote against Trump..? i truly dont get it. when Trump was campaigning he literally said women who get abortions should get punished. i dont understand how people didnt rush to vote against him, even if the other option was any random person.

now America is stuck with religous extremist anti-freedom SC judges for who knows how many decades.. its depressing even to me and i'll most likely never set foot in the country.

is there any way to stop abortion becoming illegal now? what can be done about the judges?

Oct 31, 2017
It took them 50 years and they have deep structural advantages that make every action they take have like three times the impact of ours, so that's what, 80, 90 years before we claw anything back? Maybe my grandkids will live to see it? Except the planet is going to fucking boil before then

They still organized and voted. Each setback wasn't the end for them. And their small state senate advantage didn't even really materialize until 2010ish.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
as a non-American who casually follows American politics, im still truly baffled by Leftists who refused to hold their nose and just vote for icky Clinton to block Trump from getting power.

it was obvious even observing from afar that Trump would nominate far-right religious nutters to the SC, and that Clinton most certainly would not. WHY wasnt that enough of a reason to vote against Trump..? i truly dont get it. when Trump was campaigning he literally said women who get abortions should get punished. i dont understand how people didnt rush to vote against him, even if the other option was any random person.

now America is stuck with religous extremist anti-freedom SC judges for who knows how many decades.. its depressing even to me and i'll most likely never set foot in the country.

is there any way to stop abortion becoming illegal now? what can be done about the judges?

America is stuck with this because they voted for it in the states that matter in national elections. The system is also rigged toward minority rule giving disproportionate power to small states.

Justices can be impeached and removed but that has never happened in the our country's history.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Homegirl failed to show up in the Midwest. She helped loot Haiti and installed a puppet regime, then lost way too much of the Florida Haitian vote to Trump. She just assumed she had the FL "Black vote" on lock when there's nuance to all this.

Dems have to read the room and earn their votes.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
a reminder that when abortion is made illegal in a majority of states, rich white people will still be able to get them discreetly just fine. this is all meant to target the most vulnerable communities of color, sexual/gender diversity and low income.

They want as many non-white non-christian pregnant people to die as possible or for their families to struggle more specifically because of this.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Homegirl failed to show up in the Midwest. She helped loot Haiti and install a puppet regime, then lost way too much of the Florida Haitian vote to Trump. She just assumed she had the FL "Black vote" on lock when there's nuance to all this.

How does this make sense considering how Florida has voted in every election since?

Y'all, 2016 was 6 years ago. We have data to debunk these talking points now.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I don't know if this is in good faith, but I guess I'll say it again: they did hold their nose and vote for Clinton. She won the popular vote by over 3 million votes. The reason Trump won was about 10,000 votes across three states that awarded him the electoral college victory and Republicans had a very good map for maintaining their positions (even though I do think Democrats got more overall votes still, but can't remember). It also came at a time when voter suppression had ramped up significantly, including in key states like Wisconsin, that Trump won, because our Voting Rights Act had been gutted a few years before.

All of this left punching going on is just an easy narrative that ignores the fact that we're operating within a system that is rigged for one side. Instead of, 'Wait, how can a candidate get 3 million more votes and still lose,' it's 'oh, those lazy leftists/queers/blacks/whatever' because it's easier and 'makes sense' when you don't know and/or care about the reasons behind why we got to where we got. It's just fud, and excuse to smack people who are actually doing what they're supposed to do and make one's self feel superior without admitting that maybe the method we have in front of isn't what we thought it was.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Stimulus: Republicans do evil shit.

Response: Fuck those commies!

????????

Anyway, I'm just going to drop this here as a means of getting more eyes on it. More than that, volunteer. Write or call your local representative. March. Start mutual aid networks. Please help to protect women.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
Well also interracial marriage is not really something most conservatives care about? I just don't really think if you listen to conservative media you'll ever see this talked about as an important conservative issue. You're more likely to see them talk about gay marriage, transgender issues, and so on. Lots of conservatives are probably against interracial marriage from the stupid states (Mississippi, Alabama, etc) - but these aren't the conservatives that are on the courts.

They will go after everything. These extremists won't spare a thing I believe.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017

My suspicion is that a lot of these so-called allies downplayed the severity of the threat, because they themselves were not women.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It's so frustrating that GOP have perfected obstructionism under McConnel and we just keep asking why the democrats haven't gotten the job done. That infighting and defeatism is an explicit goal of the tactic.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
He promised to codify Roe into law as his first bill as President.

The President cannot codify anything into law without a bill from Congress hitting their desk.

Blame Congress.

Some of y'all really need to watch this. Then watch it again:

(I'm not even being shady. This is iconic.)

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think people expect the Republicans to be shit but when the Democrats are useless and awful it hurts more because it feels more like betrayal, like someone who pretended to give a shit about you hurting you.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Your ire is misdirected.

No, my ire is properly directed on this board. This claims it is progressive, yet shrugs off minority issues. It loves to blame minority and women for not voting, despite the fact that is still white males who rule this country. Black women are the backbone of the Democratic party, but they are wrong. White males have the power, but love ignoring their role in politics. It is never asked why white males do anything- but women and minority decisions are torn apart and are the cause of their own suffering.

Everything is going to continue to regress until the true problem is looked at and resolved- whites men. Why is the majority of people who are against women right to choose white men. Why do men of all strips believe only women are responsible for the outcome of sex? Why do men believe they have the absolute right to fornicate when every they choose without judgement, but women are whore and their bodies need to be regulated by God, men, and the goverment?

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017

Ah we're still slinging that piece of fake news ?

The vast majority of american leftists did hold their nose and vote for Clinton. Same as for Biden. In fact, they did moreso than Clinton voters voted for Obama back then.

But yeah, it's the left's fault of the ineptitude of the democratic machine. You know, like minority leftists who did most of the work in Georgia