• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to donation emails from Democrats who actually aren't doing anything while Republicans tear the country to cinders.

None of the Justices who voted this should see a moment's peace.
Exactly. They say they will fight and fold the second a republican pushes back. Cowards.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
No of course not. But nothing needs to be said about them - it should be generally assumed that they are evil people. I can't do too much about that, so I was hoping that the people who could, would. Alas.

Well, then, speaking candidly...I would just urge you to consider time and place.

As someone who does a lot of activist work and GOTV work, I will say in my experience this has been an extreme failure of the far left? Simple and basic tact?

Not every moment is an opportune one to shit on Democrats.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
tomorrow is going to be an entire wall to wall shitshow on every facet of media, I'm exhausted already

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I have a theory. Everyone seems to think this leak came from someone who disagreed with the opinion and wanted to let everyone know.
But consider:

This morning there was reporting out that Republicans were planning their very first bill, after they take back congress, to be to make abortion illegal across the country and they would nuke the filibuster to do it.

I think a conservative Justice leaked the vote and draft opinion to Republicans in congress, which obviously further leaked from there.

Alito probably did it himself

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You're shocked that a bunch of white conservatives voted to make life worse for minorities?
And they're all two million years old. Maybe saying that is ageist but its a huge problem, no one should be able to serve that long.

Might aswell let Civil War survivors decide the fate of womens rights in 2022. They want a world that no longer and shouldn't exist.

Last edited:

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
imagine

imagine in a thread about one of the fundamental women's rights being attacked, and all you can post about is Student Loans?
When people post that kind of thing, I always wonder what their number is.

How much of their loan do they need forgiven until they are willing to vote for protecting women's bodily autonomy? Maybe if we throw in an extra ten thousand, they'll lift a finger in defense of trans rights as well? That's the implication, isn't it?

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
The only mass protest that politicians sorta kinda cared about in recent memory before that shit was dropped about were the 1/6 riots because those fuckers actually breached the Capitol and posed a physical threat. I learned very quick from going out in the streets those two summers ago that while it makes a very nice show, and it gets international attention, the fact is American politicians don't actually care in the long run about protests because they know for a fact that they can wait the heat out and avoid the consequences.

This.

This is why they like America to continue to be a police state. If they don't want to wait it out doing nothing, they can send in some people to crack heads to get them to stop.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yes the system is rigged
Yes by and large people voted for Hillary

But we need more people to do their part to beat the odds. We failed when it wasn't guaranteed that we would fail.

We didn't fail, though. The system was rigged.

Fine, change it. But until it is changed you know the rules, you know the game, the blame is the people. Full stop. When the game is changed, great.

What a silly thing to say lol. 'The game is rigged, so obviously until it becomes unrigged, the people playing the rigged game are to blame. Not the game that is rigged. It'll be cool when it's changed.' Like I said, you're basically just double-speaking. You want to attack someone, but want to also acknowledge they also don't have the power to be worthy of attack. You can't have it both ways.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Every Republican is a piece of shit, we've gone back 50 steps for no reason but their ego.

Fucking pathetic. Just pathetic. The government hasn't worked for us for 40 years, since Reagan and we just let it happen. This past decade has made everyone more poor and sick and nobody is doing anything to kick everyone out and start over.

So tired of this bullshit. Fuck Biden too, every Democrat is a coward.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
this also lays bare just how far they will go. because they obviously will not stop here.

this is fucking wakeup call. or it should be.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is happening in America? I didn't think it was at this point over there.
Our system is broken to just about beyond repair. We're now experiencing the fallout from a country whose outdated election laws have led to a government that doesn't represent a majority of its citizens.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is happening in America? I didn't think it was at this point over there.

Supreme Court trying to make women and LGBTQ rights mirror many of the worse countries in red states. America is going to be pretty strange when people CA, OR, NY, WA etc have wildly different rights than the people in TX, FL, etc.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
We didn't fail, though. The system was rigged.

What a silly thing to say lol. 'The game is rigged, so obviously until it becomes unrigged, the people playing the rigged game are to blame. Not the game that is rigged. It'll be cool when it's changed.' Like I said, you're basically just double-speaking. You want to attack someone, but want to also acknowledge they also don't have the power to be worthy of attack. You can't have it both ways.
Oh, ok.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Every Republican is a piece of shit, we've gone back 50 steps for no reason but their ego.

Fucking pathetic. Just pathetic. The government hasn't worked for us for 40 years, since Reagan and we just let it happen. This past decade has made everyone more poor and sick and nobody is doing anything to kick everyone out and start over.

...who's we?

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's been said before, but the 2016 election will fuck us over for like two generations. And here in 2022, people will still find reasons to not vote as if voting for the lesser evil is somehow a better outcome than letting true evil win.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
And there is literally no way around that? I feel like there has to be a way to vote them out or something.
At the moment? Nothing. Joe Manchin is from one of the reddest states in the country so if he does get primaried he will probably be replaced with someone as bad if not worse than him. All we can do is keep voting and gaining more seats in the senate.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

lol

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Well, then, speaking candidly...I would just urge you to consider time and place.

As someone who does a lot of activist work and GOTV work, I will say in my experience this has been an extreme failure of the far left? Simple and basic tact?

Not every moment is an opportune one to shit on Democrats.

No I think it is. This could've been prevented. Hell it still can be! But nothing will be done.

Worst case, like, I'm posting in anger on a video game message board. No one is being radicalized by me calling D politicians useless. It's fine.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
As opposed to what?

Got some breath for the Republicans who are responsible for this? Or are we supposed to join in on shitting on the only opposition?

I don't think it's a good look to talk about fundraising at this moment. But I'm not really mad at them for it.

If people want to give money to something, give it to abortion funds in states where abortion will become/is illegal.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This is so fucked up on every level, but since I was already expecting the court to strike down Roe and Casey (though I'm a little surprised how much Alito explicitly writes Roe and Casey must die) I'm a little more shocked by the fact that this leaked almost two months early. That's such a major breach of how the court functions. Not that they don't deserve it.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Violent revolution. Which should be the response happening right now.
Everyone who would be both willing and able to go for that is dead, in jail, or sold out long ago for some sweet college tenure/book deals.

What we have left are the unwilling if able or the willing but totally not experienced or serious. It's a nice thought but isn't going to really go down

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I, for one, am not going to expend all my anger at this decision* posting about it on the internet and yelling at fellow blue voters. I plan on attending any protests, marches, sit-ins, etc., I possibly can and fight this thing. It's the only other option besides acquiescing into defeatism.

How about you?

* Yes, """""not official yet""""", I know.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Do people really expect record protests will come from this?

This issue is less marketable and less visible than the George Floyd killing and we'll have less open enemies than the police who can be trusted to commit police brutality and exacerbate the issue further. We'll have a hard as fuck time getting something close to the 2020 protests (which also failed)

Id counter with "million woman march". Problem is, just like Floyd is that really political capital on the line or just a "We did it for the "gram" fake showing. I see it being huge for a week and thats it. But thats scary in itself: this was such a clear to cross to the point GOP justices had to dance around it when getting nominated so if people dont turn out even for this…

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Republicans just made women cattle. Fucking livestock with no control over their bodies. These fucking GHOULS.

And you know that whole filibuster thing dems are so worried about? Republicans will nuke that from orbit to ban abortion across the untied states if they get control of congress in 2022. With no hesitation.

Pay attention to who you are playing against and what game your opponents are playing, dems. Stop fucking around. And all these "never trump republicans are about to show their true colors on this issue. They're still republicans. Pay attention to that shit.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I, for one, am not going to expend all my anger at this decision* posting about it on the internet and yelling at fellow blue voters. I plan on attending any protests, marches, sit-ins, etc., I possibly can and fight this thing. It's the only other option besides acquiescing into defeatism.

How about you?

* Yes, """""not official yet""""", I know.

I ain't worried about people venting. I want people to put work in.

I know it's been said before, but the 2016 election will fuck us over for like two generations. And here in 2022, people will still find reasons to not vote as if voting for the lesser evil is somehow a better outcome than letting true evil win.

Some of us do live where voting Blue won't matter and evil HAS won. But I still vote in hopes that may it will one day.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
America is going to regress incredibly fast from this point on. Or I should say, it's going to revert back to its original idea of self - a nation built solely for the discretion of a straight, white, baptist businessman. If you don't fall into these categories, you're not "American".