• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politico has reported that they obtained a copy of Mary Trump's book, "Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man" and they published some excerpts from the book:

www.politico.com

Psychological disorders and family squabbles: 9 details from the book by Donald Trump’s niece

Here are some of the most revelatory and incendiary passages from Mary Trump's new book.

A new book by Donald Trump's niece Mary Trump describes the president as a person likely afflicted by multiple psychological disorders who is profoundly unsuited to be president.

Mary Trump is the daughter of the president's older brother, Fred Trump Jr., an airline pilot who suffered from alcoholism and died of a heart attack at 42. She is a clinical psychologist who holds a Ph.D. from Adelphi University in New York.

A copy of the book was shared with POLITICO. Here are some of its most revelatory and incendiary allegations:

Trump said he "barely even knew" his daughter-in-law

At a family dinner at the White House in 2017, Donald Trump said he didn't know his daughter-in-law Lara Trump well, even though she had been with the president's son Eric Trump for almost eight years.

"Lara, there. I barely even knew who the fuck she was, honestly, but then she gave a great speech during the campaign in Georgia supporting me," the president said, according to the book.

Trump's niece says he suffers from multiple psychological issues

Besides believing that her uncle fits the nine criteria of clinical narcissism, Mary Trump believes he also may suffer from antisocial personality disorder, dependent personality disorder and a "long undiagnosed learning disability that for decades has interfered with his ability to process information."

She also thinks he may suffer from a caffeine-induced sleep disorder, a result of the several Diet Cokes he reportedly drinks on a daily basis. Asked about the narcissism claim, McEnany said on Tuesday: "It's ridiculous. Absurd allegations that have absolute no bearing in truth."

Trump's personality is the product of his relationship with his mother

The author suggests that Donald Trump's personality is shaped by the weak relationship she says he had as a child with his mother, also named Mary Trump. Because of that, the president's niece suggests Donald Trump turned as a child to his father, who was not a warm parent.

"Donald suffered deprivations that would scar him for life" and developed personality traits such as "displays of narcissism, bullying [and] grandiosity" as a result, the author writes. Matthews, the White House spokesperson, said in a statement: "The President describes the relationship he had with his father as warm and said his father was very good to him. He said his father was loving and not at all hard on him as a child."

Trump's history of crude remarks about women's physical appearance extends to his family

When writing a sequel to the bestselling "Art of the Deal," Trump recorded himself complaining about women who didn't want to date him.

"It was an aggrieved compendium of women he had expected to date but who, having refused him, were suddenly the worst, ugliest, and fattest slobs he'd ever met," Mary Trump, who helped on her uncle's book, writes in "Too Much and Never Enough."

At another point in their interactions, Trump even made a crass comment about Mary Trump's breasts after seeing her in a bathing suit. "Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked," the president allegedly said. His then-wife, Marla Maples, slapped him lightly on the arm. Mary describes her face reddening after her uncle's comment.

Trump went to the movies instead of the hospital when his older brother died
On the day the president's brother Fred Trump Jr. was dying in the hospital in 1981, Trump and his sister Elizabeth went to the movies, Mary Trump writes in her book. No one from the family accompanied Fred Trump Jr. to the hospital.

Oct 27, 2017
At another point in their interactions, Trump even made a crass comment about Mary Trump's breasts after seeing her in a bathing suit. "Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked," the president allegedly said. His then-wife, Marla Maples, slapped him lightly on the arm. Mary describes her face reddening after her uncle's comment.

So on brand that it reads like parody, and not the first-hand recounting of an actual event.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mary Trump's book is listed for release on July 14th, next week:

Amazon.com: Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man: 9781982141462: Trump Ph.D., Mary L.: Books

Amazon.com: Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man: 9781982141462: Trump Ph.D., Mary L.: Books

Here's the description for the book:

In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald's only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world's health, economic security, and social fabric.

Mary Trump spent much of her childhood in her grandparents' large, imposing house in the heart of Queens, New York, where Donald and his four siblings grew up. She describes a nightmare of traumas, destructive relationships, and a tragic combination of neglect and abuse. She explains how specific events and general family patterns created the damaged man who currently occupies the Oval Office, including the strange and harmful relationship between Fred Trump and his two oldest sons, Fred Jr. and Donald.

A firsthand witness to countless holiday meals and interactions, Mary brings an incisive wit and unexpected humor to sometimes grim, often confounding family events. She recounts in unsparing detail everything from her uncle Donald's place in the family spotlight and Ivana's penchant for regifting to her grandmother's frequent injuries and illnesses and the appalling way Donald, Fred Trump's favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer's.

Numerous pundits, armchair psychologists, and journalists have sought to parse Donald J. Trump's lethal flaws. Mary L. Trump has the education, insight, and intimate familiarity needed to reveal what makes Donald, and the rest of her clan, tick. She alone can recount this fascinating, unnerving saga, not just because of her insider's perspective but also because she is the only Trump willing to tell the truth about one of the world's most powerful and dysfunctional families.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
McEnany stated she hasn't even read Mary Trump's book yet but says "it is a book of falsehoods":

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Bunker Boy not knowing his daughter-in-law shouldn't be surprising, the only things he knows about his kids themselves are their names and likely Ivanka's measurements.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
None of this feels like anything I didn't already know or assume.

But written by his actual niece, who cherry on top, is a PhD in fucking psychology. This book will be huge.

Voters connect with these kind of personal stuff, especially when it involves Trump being an asshole to his own family.

I think it's ready #1 on Amazon.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
But written by his actual niece, who cherry on top, is a PhD in fucking psychology. This book will be huge.

Voters connect with these kind of personal stuff, especially when it involves Trump being an asshole to his own family.

I think it's ready #1 on Amazon.

That's an understatement. Because in case you all didn't know, she aided NYT's bombshell expose of Donald's tax's schemes two years ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

I'm not sure if this article has been posted here yet, but it goes into great detail about her motivations for burning bridges so thoroughly with Donald:

This was not Mary Trump's first effort to write about her uncle. Decades ago, she writes, Donald Trump asked her to help write his book "The Art of the Comeback." She says she did research and tried to interview her uncle, but he kept putting her off, and the publisher eventually sought someone with more experience as a co-author. The anecdote underscores that Mary Trump's relationship with her uncle was, at times, a close one.

But the relationship fell apart when she learned that Donald and his siblings were trying to prevent her and her brother, Fred III, from receiving most of what they believed they would inherit from Fred Sr. If her father had lived, he would have expected to get 20 percent of the estate, she writes. Instead, she says, the Trump family intended to give her "less than a tenth of one percent of what my aunts and uncles inherited."

While Mary Trump says she and her brother challenged the will, she does not reveal how much she eventually received, which is covered by a confidentiality agreement. Robert Trump, the president's younger brother, filed a petition seeking to stop publication of the book by citing that agreement, but the New York Supreme Court last week lifted a temporary restraining order against publisher Simon & Schuster.

During the fight over the inheritance, Mary Trump says, she was told that her grandfather's estate was worth $30 million. But after being contacted by a reporter for the New York Times in 2017, she retrieved boxes of financial papers that she says showed the estate was actually worth $1 billion. She writes that she became a key source for the newspaper's 2018 investigation of the family finances, which won a Pulitzer Prize.

She describes how one of the Times' reporters gave her a disposable cellphone to communicate securely. She says she loaded 19 boxes of Trump family financial material into a truck and shared the boxes with several Times reporters. She says she had a new mission: "I had to take down Donald Trump." The Times did not respond to a request for comment and previously has declined to comment

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I've been checking libgen daily for this. Prob. be in the wild tomorrow.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Trump even made a crass comment about Mary Trump's breasts after seeing her in a bathing suit.
"Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked,"
So this fucker is officially that one creepy uncle everyone hates
aYWQ6J4.jpg

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you need a PhD in psychology to realize Trump is a narcissist.
And yet there are millions who don't know what narcissist means or know that its an actual mental disorder. Most people think its an insult (while readily used as one by people who typically suffer from narcissists in their life).

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to get this, although may wait on a few reviews.

When are reviews expected?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I'm honestly surprised he hasn't tried to fuck his daughters-in-law.

He did end up fucking his niece and nephew in this case. After Fred Trump Jr's death the Trump family massively and fraudulently devalued their father Fred Trump's estate to transfer an empire worth around a billion dollars to themselves. When Fred Jr's children tried to claim the 20% they were entitled to that was supposed to go to their father they were deceived and told that the estate was only worth around 30 million and were given a portion of that.

The niece and nephew had to sue to even get that, as the will for Sr. was supposedly created after Jr's death and largely removed the niece and nephew but left everything intact for Donald and his siblings. Mary Trump, the niece, and her brother alleged that the will was fraudulent and heavily influenced by Donald. A week after they filed their lawsuit Fred III, the nephew, was informed that they were being removed from the family company insurance plan, including his recently born son who had cerebral palsy and depended upon medical treatment to survive. Mary and Fred III would eventually settle, with the need to resume the child's insurance no doubt playing a key role in hastening things and the terms were kept secret with an NDA.

An NDA Mary Trump says was invalid because of the underlying fraud about the value of the estate. She cooperated with the New York Times for their article as her lawsuit years earlier had resulted in a lot of documents in the discovery phase. She provided them to the New York Times completely unaware of how she and Fred III had been conned.

In short, Trump and his siblings are complete pieces of shit who completely fucked over the children of their dead brother.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to get this, although may wait on a few reviews.

When are reviews expected?

I think reviews should be coming soon.

I got word from a friend of mine who works for NPR that Simon & Schuster sent out copies of Mary Trump's book to news outlets last week, he told me that NPR got their copy last week.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
He did end up fucking his niece and nephew in this case. After Fred Trump Jr's death the Trump family massively and fraudulently devalued their father Fred Trump's estate to transfer an empire worth around a billion dollars to themselves. When Fred Jr's children tried to claim the 20% they were entitled to that was supposed to go to their father they were deceived and told that the estate was only worth around 30 million and were given a portion of that.

The niece and nephew had to sue to even get that, as the will for Sr. was supposedly created after Jr's death and largely removed the niece and nephew but left everything intact for Donald and his siblings. Mary Trump, the niece, and her brother alleged that the will was fraudulent and heavily influenced by Donald. A week after they filed their lawsuit Fred III, the nephew, was informed that they were being removed from the family company insurance plan, including his recently born son who had cerebral palsy and depended upon medical treatment to survive. Mary and Fred III would eventually settle, with the need to resume the child's insurance no doubt playing a key role in hastening things and the terms were kept secret with an NDA.

An NDA Mary Trump says was invalid because of the underlying fraud about the value of the estate. She cooperated with the New York Times for their article as her lawsuit years earlier had resulted in a lot of documents in the discovery phase. She provided them to the New York Times completely unaware of how she and Fred III had been conned.

In short, Trump and his siblings are complete pieces of shit who completely fucked over the children of their dead brother.
I meant literally.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Politico did a follow-up deep-dive on how the book holds up as a biography

It's these types of keen peeks into private places that give this book its oomph.

We're in the House.

We see Freddy dump a bowl of mashed potatoes on the head of a seven-year-old Donald. We see Donald hide from Robert his favorite Tonka truck toys. We see Robert kick a hole in a door.

We see their restive, insomniac mother, wandering "at all hours like a soundless wraith," her children sometimes finding her come morning "unconscious in unexpected places."

We see Fred chide Freddy without mercy, mocking him for wanting a pet, for playing a practical joke—for saying he is sorry. We see him deputize Donald in the degradation. "You know," the second son tells the first, "Dad's really sick of you wasting your life"—at a time when Freddy was a pilot in his 20s for TWA, having chosen to not follow in his father's footsteps in the real estate business, and Donald was barely out of military school. "Dad's right about you; you're nothing but a glorified bus driver," Donald says. "He says he's embarrassed by you," Donald says. "Donald," his father says to Freddy, "is worth 10 of you."

www.politico.com

‘He Is and Always Will Be a Terrified Little Boy’

Mary Trump has not indicted her uncle. She has indicted the whole family. And that could give it a "seismic imprint."

Pretty much what you'd expect from being raised by a member of the KKK and Cruella de Ville

1002-en-trump-jiang-1672707-640x360.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, tomorrow, July 14th is the current release date for this book set by it's publisher Simon & Schuster, will be interesting if the book actually appears tomorrow.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
So, tomorrow, July 14th is the current release date for this book set by it's publisher Simon & Schuster, will be interesting if the book actually appears tomorrow.
Don't know if the publisher will release it tomorrow, but it's definitely already leaked on the net, so... it kind of doesn't matter if they do or not.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if the publisher will release it tomorrow, but it's definitely already leaked on the net, so... it kind of doesn't matter if they do or not.

Damn, so this book has also leaked and is available on the internet? I guess Simon & Schuster is on the internet again trying to remove these uploaded copies like they stated they were doing with John Bolton's book about Trump when Bolton's book got leaked early.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, so this book has also leaked and is available on the internet? I guess Simon & Schuster is on the internet again trying to remove these uploaded copies like they stated they were doing with John Bolton's book about Trump when Bolton's book got leaked early.
Yep, It seems it was uploaded today.

But I'm not sure how hard they're trying to remove it, as Bolton's book is certainly still out there in all the usual places.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, the book is out there. Probably nothing too shocking as the things we know about Trump are shocking enough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a NY appellate court overturned Judge Hal Greenwald's block on Simon & Schuster publishing Mary Trump's book so it seems like this book about Donald will indeed be released tomorrow, July 14th:

www.nytimes.com

Tell-All Book on Trump Can Move Forward Pending Hearing, Judge Rules (Published 2020)

The decision reversed a lower court’s ruling that had temporarily halted publication of the book by the president’s niece, but it didn’t address whether she violated a confidentiality agreement.

July 7, 2020

A New York appellate judge ruled on Wednesday that the publisher Simon & Schuster could go ahead with its plans to release a tell-all book by Mary L. Trump, the niece of President Trump, reversing a lower court's decision from this week that had temporarily halted publication.

The decision by the judge, Alan D. Scheinkman, means that Simon & Schuster can move forward in publishing the book, "Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man," which is scheduled to be released at the end of July. In court papers filed on Tuesday, Simon & Schuster claimed that tens of thousands of copies of the book had already been printed, adding that it is a best seller on Amazon.

Justice Scheinkman's ruling, however, put off addressing a central aspect of the bitter spat about the manuscript that has been roiling all month in the Trump family: whether, by writing the book, Ms. Trump violated a confidentiality agreement put in place nearly 20 years ago after a struggle over the will of her grandfather, Fred Trump Sr., Donald Trump's father.

In his decision, Justice Scheinkman ruled that Simon & Schuster was not a party to — and thus could not be bound by — the confidentiality agreement, which was signed by Ms. Trump, Donald Trump and the president's two siblings, Robert S. Trump and Maryanne Trump Barry.

"Unlike Ms. Trump," Justice Scheinkman wrote, "S&S has not agreed to surrender or relinquish any of its First Amendment rights."

Simon & Schuster quickly hailed the ruling as a victory.

"We support Mary L. Trump's right to tell her story in 'Too Much and Never Enough,' a work of great interest and importance to the national discourse that fully deserves to be published for the benefit of the American public," the publisher said in a statement issued Wednesday night. "As all know, there are well-established precedents against prior restraint and pre-publication injunctions."