• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disneyland and Disney World are kinda weird because they are like magical places for children but the long walks, long waiting lines and heat make it hard for them.

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
I mean it doesn't make any sense to bring a newborn to Disneyland. You're just being an asshole at that point.

So glad Disney's at least somewhat cracking down on this idiocy. I cheered when they banned selfie sticks after getting hit with one by a family behind me on Dinosaur trying to snap a picture on the ride.

I have 3 kids. If I want to bring my newborn, that is my business. How is bringing a newborn being an asshole? My wife is supposed to stay home with baby? You don't understand anything if you don't have kids.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
9-E2-B62-D3-004-D-4-C41-9055-345-BEE03516-B.jpg

The ban isn't working so well, and this is so creepy
That's actually pretty clever, as long as it meets the size requirements it seems like it IS working.

I'm sure there'll be a whole market for perfectly "Disneyland sized" kid carriers.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I have 3 kids. If I want to bring my newborn, that is my business. How is bringing a newborn being an asshole? My wife is supposed to stay home with baby? You don't understand anything if you don't have kids.

I'm not going to get into this fight, but taking a newborn into a crowded place with all the potential for an accident to happen is a bad look.

Also, don't no kid shame me. I don't need kids to know that bringing a newborn is not a good idea and only pisses off everyone around you. A crying baby in line is just as bad as vaping in line.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
9-E2-B62-D3-004-D-4-C41-9055-345-BEE03516-B.jpg

The ban isn't working so well, and this is so creepy
what"? That's VASTLY less intrusive than wagons, and if they actually have 3 kids is totally fine. The wagons people bring are bigger than that for like one fucking kid.

Also anyone saying you don't notice them, sorry I've been going to disney almost once a year since I was like 5. The difference in stroller footprint from 20 years ago to today is absurd, and it's not just because of the number of guests.

I'm not going to get into this fight, but taking a newborn into a crowded place with all the potential for an accident to happen is a bad look.

Also, don't no kid shame me. I don't need kids to know that bringing a newborn is not a good idea and only pisses off everyone around you. A crying baby in line is just as bad as vaping in line.
You...you realize we're talking about Disneyland right? A place designed for kids, that everyone brings babies to.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
You...you realize we're talking about Disneyland right? A place designed for kids, that everyone brings babies to.

If there is one thing I have learned on the internet, is that there are some that would argue with that statement which boggles my mind. You have kidless adult couples who honeymoon at these places.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there is one thing I have learned on the internet, is that there are some that would argue with that statement which boggles my mind. You have kidless adult couples who honeymoon at these places.
I mean, I'm a kidless adult, I go to Disney without kids, but like....there are babies EVERYWHERE, to come to the internet and pretend that's somehow wrong is mind blowing to me. I have never once been inconvenienced because of a baby at Disneyland specifically.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm a kidless adult, I go to Disney without kids, but like....there are babies EVERYWHERE, to come to the internet and pretend that's somehow wrong is mind blowing to me. I have never once been inconvenienced because of a baby at Disneyland specifically.

I meant to say kidless adults who expect kids to not be at a place like Disneyland. If adults are going to Disneyland and have a problem with kids being there, I am at a loss for words.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I mean it doesn't make any sense to bring a newborn to Disneyland. You're just being an asshole at that point.

So glad Disney's at least somewhat cracking down on this idiocy. I cheered when they banned selfie sticks after getting hit with one by a family behind me on Dinosaur trying to snap a picture on the ride.

lol buddy, what world do you live in

you get mad when kids cheer during Avengers, too?

Frunobulax

Apr 10, 2019
I waited until my kids were old enough to be walking and talking before we went to Disneyland for the first time because I felt like it was a waste of money to take babies/toddlers to a vacation geared towards children before they can really enjoy it, plus babies on a vacation is just less vacation for me and my wife and we like Disneyland too.
There were so many people pushing kids in various vehicles that I sometimes felt like my family was in some kind of a private fastlane.
If I had a special needs kid I'd lug around whatever it took all day any day anywhere, but for perfectly healthy kids, some of those giant strollers/carriages/rickshaws/whateverthefuck look absolutely ridiculous to deal with.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I waited until my kids were old enough to be walking and talking before we went to Disneyland for the first time because I felt like it was a waste of money to take babies/toddlers to a vacation geared towards children before they can really enjoy it, plus babies on a vacation is just less vacation for me and my wife and we like Disneyland too.
There were so many people pushing kids in various vehicles that I sometimes felt like my family was in some kind of a private fastlane.
If I had a special needs kid I'd lug around whatever it took all day any day anywhere, but for perfectly healthy kids, some of those giant strollers/carriages/rickshaws/whateverthefuck look absolutely ridiculous to deal with.

My daughter was two and half and she was having an absolute blast 🤷‍♂️

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
lol buddy, what world do you live in

you get mad when kids cheer during Avengers, too?

Not sure if this is about the newborn or the selfie stick. The selfie stick was ON THE RIDE when I got hit by it. See my response below about newborns. In both cases, people were being assholes.

Love your work, but that response is just a bad take.

A newborn has no concept that it's at Disneyland. Why expose a newborn to that much noise, germs, sunlight, etc? I think 4 years & up is where it really starts to make sense.

Exactly. Disney's for little kids so sure that's not a big deal, but babies? Way too much for them to handle. Then when they start crying it pisses other people off.

Bringing your newborns to theme parks that aren't something designed for them like Legoland is just being selfish. You're not thinking about the kid or the people around you, just how you feel. As the original guy I responded to said "I'll do what I want."

My daughter was two and half and she was having an absolute blast 🤷‍♂️

I think one or two is probably the baseline. Just old enough to know what's going on.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
One of my earliest memories of going to Disney World was a parking lot tram we were on stopping dead for a good half an hour because some couple had an 'altercation' which resulted in the father tossing the baby stroller with child in it off the tram. Try explaining that to a 6-year-old. The happiest place on Earth y'all.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
My 32 year-old adult cousin honeymooned at Disney and goes there three times a year. She could have travelled the world multiple times over lol

A co-worker of mine that lives in seattle has the annual pass heh. They actually went to the Disneyland hotel and had Mickey and Minnie from disneyland be at their wedding for half the day

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Was just at Disney World this Monday. There are still a lot of strollers but didn't see any of the wagon types which was fine.

My real problem was many people with strollers seemed to think that made them special and I was either clipped in the elbow or smashed in the back of my feet several times.

The smoking ban worked well. With the exception of Disney World itself (we went to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios too) the smoking areas were outside the parks but not so far out you felt you were punished for parking.

Going out to smoke wasn't all that annoying since reentry is really fast now a days since it a works on nfc and fingerprints so admittion lines move fast.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Heat killed me as a kid, so as much as my instinct is to hate on people pushing big shaded carts, I probably would've loved my parents for it. I've never been to a Disney park, but I've heard plenty about the wait times and other fun if you can't afford the top-tier tickets.

I think that it is a little dumb to limit the stroller size given how expensive Disneyland is and how it is a place for children. Every two seater stroller is either really long or really wide. There is no way to get around that.

peUbQbp.gif

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
SUV strollers being banned is a good thing

back in the OLD DAYS strollers were "normal" sized

The worst is in public transit when a mother enters with a giant sized SUV stroller .... LOL

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
One of my earliest memories of going to Disney World was a parking lot tram we were on stopping dead for a good half an hour because some couple had an 'altercation' which resulted in the father tossing the baby stroller with child in it off the tram. Try explaining that to a 6-year-old. The happiest place on Earth y'all.
Disney World is the most magical place on Earth actually and that sounds magical haha. What happened then

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA

People take babies everywhere! This is not new! I travel with my kids and live my life how I want to live it! I am sorry if that inconveniences you. I will live my life the way I damn please. I am not taking my baby to a movie, but to the happiest place on earth!

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If you got problems with a baby at an amusement park largely designed around families then that's entirely on you. Maybe consider becoming a shut-in because that's the only way you're gonna get by without being annoyed by people.

Just as bad as vaping in line, that's some nice manure you're piling up.