• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I had a black army buddy get tackled by the pigs outside of fort hood when he was walking out of a store with his girl because he "looked like a guy they were after." 🙄🙄🙄

I also noticed that a lot of cops seem to get off on fucking with soldiers like they have some kind of inferiority complex.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So they "couldn't see the rear plate" so pulled over.

If the driver was a white army officer..it would've been "...Um, hello sir, we just wanted to stop and thank you for your service. Please drive safe"

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People itt really thinking POC in uniform get a pass? Lol. C'mon now. Shit doesn't change anything with cops.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Can't imagine the fear when you have guns trained on you and you're being shouted at to both keep your hands outside of the window and also get out of the car at the same time.

Insane to me how they instantly pull out their guns and start shouting the second they stop and get out.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Man the conflicting orders always get me. There is just no way to come out of that encounter unharmed.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Mean while in White America...

https://www.cjonline.com/story/news...ice-blood-alcohol-level-documents/7067545002/

So...a white man was drunk, drove on the wrong side of the freeway, led police on a car chase, almost cause multiple accidents. They tried to stop his car twice with the spike strip and failed, finally ending the car chase with a pit manuver. Insulted the police, and threatened to fight the officer then he refused a Breathalyzer test so the police drove him to the hospital to get his blood drawn to get his alcohol level. They even walked him into the building cause he was having problem standing. And then a judge released him the next morning because...reasons.

You have to understand. The cops operate on a color coded system where the darker my skin is, the more evil and dangerous I am.

It's really super convenient to catch criminals. How else are they supposed to do it if my face doesn't instantly tell them if I'm good or bad ? Police work ? GTFO!

/s

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Victim : "I'm honestly afraid to get out of the car"
Cop : "You should be"

Yeah, fuck. Protect and serve my ass. Intimidate and threaten is the name of the game here.

Or was he having a heated bacon moment?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

This looks to be the whole thing or near the whole thing. Man this kind of ruined the good night i was having a bit. Being black I got used to the nonsense, but I dunno I think it's just because he realized how fucked he really was and that any option he had to choose was always potentially going to be a bad one, but picked the options that at least posed the least danger to himself or perhaps what might have appeared less dangerous to them. Near the end, he was so humiliated and wanted to be angry but couldn't even retaliate in a way he probably felt in his soul because he knew that having pride wasn't going to help him get back home.

Watching this video, I get the impression the younger cop is scared as shit of the older one. The older cop is making all the calls and escalating the situation in his little power trip, the younger one tries to deescalate but is just scared of how his partner might react, he even tries to take the buckle off and the older cop tells him not to just to humiliate this man, really sickening.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
My fav part of this is

Crocker and Gutierrez still work for the department, the town manager told The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk. Windsor is about 70 miles (112 kilometers) southeast of Richmond.

Like lets forget about the racism. You got a fucked up racket going as an abusive police force, suddenly there's all these eyes on you with videos going viral, feds stepping in on local departments, etc. You figure you want to lay low, lets say get your fucked up klan kink on with poor teenagers, etc.

You have cameras that you know recorded the whole thing, by the nature of the guys uniform you know its going to be harder to spin "not an angel". Doesn't make a difference tho, you pull the same shit anyway in a well lit parking lot, witnesses be damned. You do the math in your head "bah, im not gonna get caught".

You gotta fill out a report right? This isn't LA or NY where there's dozens of arrests happening so no one notices, someone saw that cam footage and also said, "lolz, that was funny" and doesn't even bother to like erase the footage, etc. Why cover up, he's just a (insert slur here)

No press release about 'disciplined', or paid suspension here. This victim has to literally sue to get justice that the fucking city will have to pay while the dept skates away scott free.

That's how much power and how little oversight they have. ALL cops are bastards.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Don't worry everyone, they just need a funding increase and that "reform" will happen any day now!

Fuck the police. ACAB. Yes, every. Single. One.

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
I live maybe 10min away from Windsor.. i never go through Isle of Wight county at night..My grandpa told me its not safe for poc..Got pulled for a clear license plate cover on my challenger Scat Pack..got accused of racing,drugs..you name it.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Here's hoping there's some level of consequence and not just another day in America.

I'm wondering how many days will go by before they start digging in the army officer's past to try to excuse this. Shit doesn't change here.

We will still keep fighting for it though.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Mean while in White America...

https://www.cjonline.com/story/news...ice-blood-alcohol-level-documents/7067545002/

So...a white man was drunk, drove on the wrong side of the freeway, led police on a car chase, almost cause multiple accidents. They tried to stop his car twice with the spike strip and failed, finally ending the car chase with a pit manuver. Insulted the police, and threatened to fight the officer then he refused a Breathalyzer test so the police drove him to the hospital to get his blood drawn to get his alcohol level. They even walked him into the building cause he was having problem standing. And then a judge released him the next morning because...reasons.

Being a minority in this country doesn't afford us that luxury. One evening wedged b going home I was stopped at a traffic light where an accident occurred. Some cops were directing traffic. One cop told me to go and as I started driving another cops walks by without looking at ongoing traffic and goes off on a tangent, yelling that he is walking and in supposed to stop, etc. Probably a few expletives thrown in for good measure. I could have responded but because I wanted to make it home that night I thought it best to keep my hands visibly on the wheel and just stay quiet until his tirade was over. Even though I got conflicting info from both officers the first officer never stepped in to correct the second.

I can understand this guy's reluctance to do anything, knowing the history of cops here and the risk of obeying commands of one officer which are in contradiction to the commands of the other.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he sues the city as well. So much so that they will require a referendum in November to raise taxes to pay for it.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
You have to understand. The cops operate on a color coded system where the darker my skin is, the more evil and dangerous I am.

It's really super convenient to catch criminals. How else are they supposed to do it if my face doesn't instantly tell them if I'm good or bad ? Police work ? GTFO!

/s
So southpark the stick of truth is real? The dRker your skin the harder the world is.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
So fucking absurd that they don't even try talking to him. They need to immediately put him on the ground in cuffs for a fucking license plate (which they probably made up in the first place). I've talked to a cop that pulls people over for tints assuming they're a poc and he tried to justify it by saying they find other shit.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Faux News trying to decide between support our troops and blue lives matter
cover2.jpg

TCB

Oct 19, 2019
Man the conflicting orders always get me. There is just no way to come out of that encounter unharmed.

Put your hands out the window and also somehow turn the vehicle off at the same time! Put your hands out the window while also somehow unlocking the door and getting out! If you do the wrong thing we'll open fire!

It's so frustrating to watch. They immediately draw guns and start shouting before he even knows why he was being pulled over. The guy is having a freeze response because he's terrified and doesn't know what to do.

At one point he tells the police officers to relax. When the people being pulled over are the one's trying to de-escalate the situation, you know the cops are fucked. I see it all the time too.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why are American police doing so many traffic stops?
Town of population ~2k.
Basically they catch out-of-towners with speeding tickets/traffic violations between bigger cities to fund their police force and run their government.
It's a grift to get big city money.

Highway Robbery: Coping with the Great American Speed Trap | Frommer's

<p>After being handed my $120 ticket and told to have a nice day, I turn to my wife.</p><p>'Do you

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It's obviously racist. And racism is the big problem here. And my following comments are not trying to downplay that at all.

But why are American police doing so many traffic stops? As far as I am aware, most police forces don't traffic stop at the same rate. It just seems a recipe for disaster and escalation. Surely most traffic situations can be resolved by running the plates and sending a letter or by being sensible and letting things go. Why y'all running plates all the time.

It just seems to me that it's not doing anyone any favours. The officers are clearly undertrained and petrified and the amount of time this escalates is crazy. Just stop traffic stopping people. All this doesn't need to be dealt with at the time.
Because of money. Police are encouraged to make as many stops as possible.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also noticed that a lot of cops seem to get off on fucking with soldiers like they have some kind of inferiority complex.
Black soldiers were always seen as a threat to the white superracist order and were specifically targeted by racists and the racist institutions that maintain our racist systems.
This goes back to reconstruction.

eji.org

Targeting Black Veterans: Lynching in America | EJI Report

Documenting the violence against Black veterans.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
It's obviously racist. And racism is the big problem here. And my following comments are not trying to downplay that at all.

But why are American police doing so many traffic stops? As far as I am aware, most police forces don't traffic stop at the same rate. It just seems a recipe for disaster and escalation. Surely most traffic situations can be resolved by running the plates and sending a letter or by being sensible and letting things go. Why y'all running plates all the time.

It just seems to me that it's not doing anyone any favours. The officers are clearly undertrained and petrified and the amount of time this escalates is crazy. Just stop traffic stopping people. All this doesn't need to be dealt with at the time.

From what I understand, Cops are encouraged to do as many traffic stops as possible. Or at least, meet a minimum requirement every month or so.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
These settlements dont come out of the police budget?

Not sure but even if they did their budgets are so overly inflated it wouldn't matter. These budgets are so over inflated that small forces in smaller areas can buy military equipment and shit. They won't give a fuck, especially when it's been so hard the last year to even stop increasing funding in some places let alone get it cut back and moved to social programs instead of police. At the end of the day their budget or not, it's all tax payer funds and it's basically allowing them to murder and target at will without worry. If we made them pay themselves it would maybe change their minds about fucking around.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

Because cities want the money they get from traffic stops. It's the same reason so many people, who are disproportionately minorities, are in jail.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
these fucking jerkoff always boast about patriotism and respecting the flag yet they don't give a shit when the person wearing the uniform is black