• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
The United States have no police, just a bunch of sick fucks and racist maniacs with no morals doing whatever the fuck they want protected by guns, batches and uniforms.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
"We are the Thin Blue Line"

"We are not your enemy"

nM5H8Fg.png

I wanna be straight with some folks here: black kids like this lil guy and millions more don't have the time for your incremental justice reform. Which is really just a fancy way of saying we're still waiting for most of white Americans to actually start giving a shit - not just token gestures of support; things that amount to only very slowly pulling that knife out of our backs that's been there through the centuries of oppression, subjugation, theft, and murder.

We suffer political oppression, economic exploitation and social degradation. All of 'em from the same enemy. The government has failed us. You can't deny that. Any time you're living in the 20th century, 1964, and you walking around here singing "We Shall Overcome," the government has failed you.
[applause]
This is part of what's wrong with you, you do too much singing.
[laughter]
Today it's time to stop singing and start swinging.
[laughter, applause]
- Ballot or the Bullet, 1964

The traumatization has been going on since the old slave catcher days, and basically still having to sing "We Shall Overcome" to the pigs as white allies stand about paternalizing the victims.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the most repugnant things the police have done in a year marked by how shitty the police are. Wow. Can't fucking believe people support the police.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been sick to my stomach about this since I first heard about it.

Can only imagine what the mother was going through during all of this.

Fuck all cops.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
If you had described the story to me without saying which city it was, Philly would probably have been my first guess. NYPD and LAPD do plenty of awful shit but relative to the size of the city Philly seems bar none the worst.
You're suggesting the PD that firebombed a house and let an entire black neighborhood burn to deal with a group of assholes would do something like this? It's not like the Philly PD gunned down the people trying to flee the fire either.

No, I don't believe any of this.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Merged the duplicate threads as we had a bit of conversation in each.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I've had enough of this shit. If we own Congress after Nov and we don't stack the Courts after Jan 22 so we can pass down hard laws against the Police union(union must pay money when getting sued and not the tax payers as example), which in turn, will sue and then get rejected by a 9v6 Democrat SC at the end, I will not vote Democrat again..

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're suggesting the PD that firebombed a house and let an entire black neighborhood burn to deal with a group of assholes would do something like this? It's not like the Philly PD gunned down the people trying to flee the fire either.

No, I don't believe any of this.
Personally I wouldn't call MOVE "a group of assholes", that's kind of a messed up way to refer to a black liberation movement who were victims of a racist hate crime.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get an entire generation raised fully on fuck the police now. Because fuck em

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I wouldn't call MOVE "a group of assholes", that's kind of a messed up way to refer to a black liberation movement who were victims of a racist hate crime.
I absolutely would. They regularly harassed people, sometimes violently, were a serious public health issue, opposed science and medicine, and made multiple terroristic threats. They were the victims of a horrendous hate crime but they only seem like the good guys because the other side was just unspeakably evil.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely would. They regularly harassed people, sometimes violently, were a serious public health issue, opposed science and medicine, and made multiple terroristic threats. They were the victims of a horrendous hate crime but they only seem like the good guys because the other side was just unspeakably evil.
Weren't most of their activities just protest demonstrations about animal rights? I know they had some strange beliefs (like primitivism) but have no knowledge of what you are claiming specifically. Where are you getting this information from?

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't most of their activities just protest demonstrations about animal rights? I know they had some strange beliefs (like primitivism) but have no knowledge of what you are claiming specifically. Where are you getting this information from?
I don't have any links at the moment but it's all public record from the trials against them, specifically the one against John Africa. They had decent goals in their black, animal, and anti-pollution activism but apparently their tactics were limited to violence and intimidation and their targets were literally anybody who hadn't changed their name to Africa. They were a full-blown cult.

Anyway, back on topic, this is one of the most disgusting things the police have done this year which is an impressive feat.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is infuriating. And even though it's been proven wrong and they deleted their tweet-it's somehow now "fact".

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
The only solution has to be that New Jersey town's move. Dissolve all PDs around the country (thereby dissolving their union contracts), then recreate local services from scratch that don't have such insane protections. And then aggressively union bust any time the people carrying firearms* attempt to unionize.

*so other first responders are fine; but if you carry a gun or the power to arrest, then you forfeit the right to unionize

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
This has been an emotionally exhausting year in so many ways and every time I think things are slowing down a bit I see new lows.

And as always...ACAB.