• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is police pursuits a common thing in America? seems I read about some everyday.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is scooter dude okay?

My next post is extremely dependent on this informatio

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is police pursuits a common thing in America? seems I read about some everyday.

Yes. There are Twitter accounts dedicated to them. LA has the best one because news channels all have traffic choppers. The stolen Tank is still the king.

Car thieves know they're being filmed and occasionally drive home to do a victory lap before inevitably getting caught.

They almost all end in a crash or pit maneuver in riverside county.

Sometimes they have tragic consequences and fatalities or suicide by cop.

This one is an attempted murderer so it will end badly. I'm not watching.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. There are Twitter accounts dedicated to them. LA has the best ones. The stolen Tank is still the king. Car thieves know they're being filmed and occasionally drive home to do a victory lap before inevitably getting caught.

They almost all end in a crash or pit maneuver in riverside county.

Sometimes they have tragic consequences and fatalities or suicide by cop.
to bad we didnt get one of killdozer

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
They seriously just replayed scooter-dude getting hit and freeze-framed him on the hood.. -_____________________________-

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Not really.. It does happen but in many places the police aren't supposed to pursue as it can be more of a threat to civilians. If they're known to be a dangerous criminal, I think that goes out the window in the name of public safety.
I saw one dash cam chase where the cop stupidly swerved into the guy right into oncoming traffic on the highway when he went over the median. He ended up ramming into someone hard and they crashed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
"It's so hard to watch, every single time."

Then stop showing it! Seriously, the driver actually swerved into the the scooter driver. So stop repeating it.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So US police will just shoot at unarmed poc, but won't stop a dude by using their gun (they could shoot the tires too!) endangering the public, running over people, causing mayhem and surviving several pit maneuvers?! Ok then

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I watched one of these chases, cops ended up absolutely unloading their guns through the suspect's car's windshield...

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
So US police will just shoot at unarmed poc, but won't stop a dude by using their gun (they could shoot the tires too!) endangering the public, running over people, causing mayhem and surviving several pit maneuvers?! Ok then

Seriously. Had a friend's younger brother get decapitated after being hit by a car in a police chase down Venice. These do way more harm than good.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

Because shooting tires is fucking stupid. Actually hitting a tire with a projectile while a car is moving at speed is a ridiculously difficult thing to do. They'd be cowboying and shooting bullets in randomish directions in a heavily urbanized area. Police car hits a bump, bullet goes astray, hits some two year old in a crib in a house next to a freeway.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Becuase it's fucking stupid. Actually hitting a tire with a projectile while a car is moving at speed is a ridiculously difficult thing to do. They'd be cowboying and shooting bullets in randomish directions in a heavily urbanized area. Car his a bump, bullet goes astray, hits some two year old in a crib next to a freeway.

I guess, but I saw footage of him reversing after the maneuver, while cops just stand there doing nothing

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The danger of hitting a pedestrian is why I never tune into these things when they're live.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, it says he hit a pedestiran. Is that the scooter driver, or are they two different victims?

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that one (I think it's the same one). Different uhh... "code of conduct" in LA.

Supposedly that suspect did just rob a bank and might have been armed, so I kinda understand being more ready to use guns in that case. Let's hope this chase ends without further damage to anybody.