• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Unsurprisingly this week's episode focuses on police brutality in the wake of protests and how the history of policing and white supremacy are entwined.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish sometimes the YT was region free for all of his stuff than just some of it because this is something I really want to see.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
an absolutely stellar episode, with a powerful ending

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing that was overlooked is how these police departments are actively infested with KKK members and white supremacist. It's not just the police institution we're built on racism, they are still intentionally recruiting racists.

Acheteedo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like HBO have a responsibility to unlock this YouTube content to worldwide audiences. These are worldwide issues and this video is important. How do they even benefit from restricting it?

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch it in canada....

I feel like HBO have a responsibility to unlock this YouTube content to worldwide audiences. These are worldwide issues and this video is important. How do they even benefit from restricting it?

They sold the rights to other companies in other countries.... even if it's online.
I think it's crave or Bell here in canada that has the rights?

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. I appreciate him being completely frank about it, including the pointlessness of spineless band-aid 'reform' suggestions. This is an issue from the top down, and it's by design.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode.

I heard about the clip at the end but never actually saw it until now, that lady is absolutely right on every count.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Glad John focused the entire episode last night on the problems with Police/solutions, in addition to making the whole thing available for YouTube/sharing.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
good stuff, required viewing. happy he linked that powerful clip at the end. probably the realist shit I've seen in the past few weeks.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone else have issues with audio cutting out on LWT YouTube videos when streaming them to a TV? When I do it, the audio just drops out for a half second about every 10-15 seconds. It happens on Apple TV, it happens on Roku, and it happens on Chromecast. I ONLY happens with LWT videos on YouTube.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait to watch later, it'll probably make me boil with rage but it's necessary to learn why people are angry, so we can emphasise.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
One of his most powerful videos yet, he goes all in.

And that clip at the end, holy shit.

A must watch for everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
The line at the end "You're lucky that black people want equality and not revenge" is more poignant than people might realize on it's face. The fear of reprisal is part of what continues to fuel white supremacy. They fear black people will come for revenge because that's what they would do. It's projection. That's what the knee on the neck is about - let me do this to you before you can do it to me because deep down I know that I might have it coming.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Things I learned this week -

We bombed and destroyed Tulsa, a wealthy black town in 1921.

We burnt down and destroyed Rosewood, another black majority town in 1923.

Massive riots happened after MLK's death, and THIS caused change, not his death.

None of this taught to me in school. White American's history is evil. This entire country was founded on racism and hatred.

Pretty depressing how many of our past sins & crimes against humanities we actively hide & surpress from our own citizens so the idea of America being the great land of the free is believed.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Since the president loves watching TV all the time, imagine forcing him to sit and watch stuff like this, Trevor Noah and Seth Meyers.