• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Every day cops are proving Rage Against the Machine was right.

More like "MOST of those who work forces are the same who burn crosses" tbh. This is just horrible.

thehardtimes.net

Cop Shoots Klansman in Suicide

Sgt. William Porter, an active member of the Ku Klux Klan, was killed last night following a violent exchange with state police that authorities ultimately deemed a suicide.

The fact that it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out that was satire is deeply unsettling.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the FBI has been warning about it for at least 14 years now:
www.pbs.org

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

In 2006, the FBI warned that white supremacists infiltrating local and state law enforcement posed a threat to national security. Some are asking, what's been done to curb the trend in the decade since?
I frankly don't know how they can be dealt with at a systemic level, because structures of power are self-reinforcing, and there's few structures with more power than the police.
For one, the FBI may have been 'warning about it' for 14 years but they've done jack shit about it. Which isn't surprising considering the FBI assassinated black activists back in the day and is full of people who hold these kind of views as well.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
For one, the FBI may have been 'warning about it' for 14 years but they've done jack shit about it. Which isn't surprising considering the FBI assassinated black activists back in the day and is full of people who hold these kind of views as well.

Not just the FBI; nobody in power has done anything about it. I was pointing out precisely that.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not just the FBI; nobody in power has done anything about it. I was pointing out precisely that.
And I was pointing out that the FBI has not only done nothing about it, they are a source of the problem. The FBI 'warning' about this is like cops kneeling with protestors for a photo-op and then coming back 45 minutes later after the media is gone to mace and beat protestors. It's just lip service, they haven't addressed the problem because they are the problem.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
eu.statesmanjournal.com

Salem Police Chief Jerry Moore addresses video of officer discussing how to dodge curfew

The video shows an officer talking to armed men standing outside downtown businesses about what they could do to avoid violating the curfew.

www.buzzfeednews.com

A Cop Was Filmed Telling Armed White Men To Avoid Arrest "So We Don't Look Like We're Playing Favorites"

The video of the officer warning armed white men who were protecting a store has prompted a public apology from the chief of police in Salem, Oregon.

In a video shared Thursday, Salem Police Chief Jerry Moore said his department had received multiple emails and calls about the video of the officer.
"The message we have received is a concern that we are treating people differently. For that I tell you, I am sorry," he said. "Sorry that there is even a thought that this department would treat some different than others."
Moore declined to name the officer, and the department did not respond to requests for comment for this story. However, the police chief said the officer had been spoken to.
"The impact the interactions captured on the video had on our community has been discussed with the officer," he said. "Unfortunately, he had not been fully briefed about enforcement of the curfew before he spoke with the group. Moving forward, all officers tasked with enforcement of the curfew will be properly educated before deployment."

Oct 25, 2017
Police Chief: Why did you let them film you talking to the white supremacists?
Officer: He said he was with them.
Police Chief: ...............

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before sharing, any other confirmation that these are actual Proud Boys and not just gun toting idiots? I feel like that's one of the first rebuttals we'll get when sharing this.

Not doubting it, really--ive just had a long week of arguments.

Even if this is "debunked" and those aren't "actual" Proud Boys, that only taints the captions edited onto the video. What we see is a police officer telling a group of white people in advance what to do in order to avoid arrest. Where are the vids of cops telling black people to just "walk inside a building" or "stay in your car" and that they'll be considered off the streets and "safe?" The police are clearly coaching certain groups and playing favourites.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
And I was pointing out that the FBI has not only done nothing about it, they are a source of the problem. The FBI 'warning' about this is like cops kneeling with protestors for a photo-op and then coming back 45 minutes later after the media is gone to mace and beat protestors. It's just lip service, they haven't addressed the problem because they are the problem.

Yes, I FUCKING KNOW. I don't understand your obsession with trying to paint me as defending the FBI, or whatever else you want to correct me about, but you're entirely missing my point, seemingly on purpose. I'm simply pointing out an investigation from a federal agency confirming and warning of white supremacists infiltrating the police as far back as 2006, and yet nobody, including the FBI, as I explicitly said in the post you're quoting, did anything about it.

This is not the first or the second time I've seen you misrepresent people in the absolutely least possible charitable way like this to antagonize them. Your obsessive, performative and disingenuous "woker than thou" attitude is frankly beyond exhausting so I'm done with you.

cosmod

Feb 24, 2018
Even if this is "debunked" and those aren't "actual" Proud Boys, that only taints the captions edited onto the video. What we see is a police officer telling a group of white people in advance what to do in order to avoid arrest. Where are the vids of cops telling black people to just "walk inside a building" or "stay in your car" and that they'll be considered off the streets and "safe?" The police are clearly coaching certain groups and playing favourites.

www.youtube.com

The Minneapolis Family Protecting Their Property From Looters — and Police

This family started the night thinking they’d need to defend their store from those looking to destroy it, and ended up retreating inside to hide from armed ...
This vice video tells the story of police attacking the owners of this gas station, even after they all got inside.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No doubt. Just trying to not get "gotcha'd" by assholes who will late onto that detail, rather than the cop gently warning armed militants at a peaceful protest.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
Remember, its only a few bad apples /s

In this case it just happens to be 'command'

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

The Minneapolis Family Protecting Their Property From Looters — and Police

This family started the night thinking they’d need to defend their store from those looking to destroy it, and ended up retreating inside to hide from armed ...
This vice video tells the story of police attacking the owners of this gas station, even after they all got inside.

No doubt, cops have been firing non-lethal rounds into cars and homes of people simply observing them regularly for the last week.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Not even a slap on the wrist or the semblance of punishment. I've seen 5-year-olds receive more than a talking to as punishment (and by that I do not mean to imply corporal punishment).

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I FUCKING KNOW. I don't understand your obsession with trying to paint me as defending the FBI, or whatever else you want to correct me about, but you're entirely missing my point, seemingly on purpose. I'm simply pointing out an investigation from a federal agency confirming and warning of white supremacists infiltrating the police as far back as 2006, and yet nobody, including the FBI, as I explicitly said in the post you're quoting, did anything about it.

This is not the first or the second time I've seen you misrepresent people in the absolutely least possible charitable way like this to antagonize them. Your obsessive, performative and disingenuous "woker than thou" attitude is frankly beyond exhausting so I'm done with you.
Wtf? I never said you were defending the FBI, or do I think you are defending them. Please point out where I mischaracterized anything you said, or said anything about you personally. I'm just elaborating on the subject of the FBI's complicity in these issues. I've got no problem with you, I recognize you and think you have a lot of great things to say. I should've made that more clear, but I think you are seeing hostility where there is none. You can call me 'performative' if you want, or not like my attitude or w/e, but I have no issue with you nor was I suggesting anything negative about you

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
"Sorry you saw us intentionally coordinating with white supremacists. Probably not going to provide further explanation, but Sorrrry!"

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know what the US answer is to the policing problem. On the 1 hand clearly you need to burn it all to the fucking ground. But how does a country function without the police?

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
it's amazing how cops have been televising proof after proof that the protests are justified and must continue

4.3M views already

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses

Cops are the Klan. In function, in culture, and personnel.
EZrSk1YXYAA8pGC.jpg%3Alarge

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: should we (meaning non-white supremacists) have a coordinated, nationwide effort to join the police force? That is clearly what they have done, not that it seemed necessary even before. So - fight fire with fire?

Obviously, the police forces around the country are not going to be disbanded, nor even slightly trimmed. Best case scenario right now is that they are more closely scrutinized going forward, and held accountable when caught doing wrong.

I could've been a cop, 20+ years ago. But the other job I was after paid better. Could've been a 911 operator at one point, too. Didn't for the same reason. Maybe I should have. Maybe others like me should now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Serious question: should we (meaning non-white supremacists) have a coordinated, nationwide effort to join the police force? That is clearly what they have done, not that it seemed necessary even before. So - fight fire with fire?

Obviously, the police forces around the country are not going to be disbanded, nor even slightly trimmed. Best case scenario right now is that they are more closely scrutinized going forward, and held accountable when caught doing wrong.

I could've been a cop, 20+ years ago. But the other job I was after paid better. Could've been a 911 operator at one point, too. Didn't for the same reason. Maybe I should have. Maybe others like me should now.
No, if you try to stop any abuses you'll just be ignored, fired or worse. The only good cop is a resigned cop.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
No, if you try to stop any abuses you'll just be ignored, fired or worse. The only good cop is a resigned cop.

Then what realistic solution is there? Not having cops is not a solution, nor will it ever happen. You don't think "some better cops" is a good idea? Even a cop who doesn't try to change anything, but just simply doesn't also abuse their authority, is an improvement over one who commits crimes.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Then what realistic solution is there? Not having cops is not a solution, nor will it ever happen. You don't think "some better cops" is a good idea? Even a cop who doesn't try to change anything, but just simply doesn't also abuse their authority, is an improvement over one who commits crimes.
The entire system needs to be dismantled and restarted. Anything else is not enough.