• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy any of this shit. Ultimately they'll toe the line, they always do. This just feels like more empty, bullshit copaganda. Maybe I'm cynical but they haven't earned anything resembling the benefit of the doubt to me.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
As a non American, who has the power to change policing in America? The Senate, the states or isit a police thing?

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Art Acevedo (Houston police chief) covered up the murder of a black kid when he was chief in Austin who was shot in the back fleeing a sting on a night club.

He isn't it

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I'm not ready to trust them, but this is a great first step. Messaging changes are significant because it shows the hardline Blue Lives Matter stance is losing cache.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
jlaw-whtvr.gif

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worthless.

Help lead a charge for completely independent investigators for police misconduct. That would do something. Don't just take a generic stand against killing black people when you've repeatedly demonstrated that you don't actually care.

It is impossible to will away the problems with police violence and racism. It has to forcibly be rooted out by actually making it so there are consequences for their actions.

Letting them investigate themselves is one of the biggest roots of the problem.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Police chief of San Jose did a great video communicating to his police why blm, at least I thought so.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
aw cute

now when they activate his ass for crowd control, where will he go?

🤔

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing concerns around police violence, hostility, and inflammatory generalisations over a series of posts; prior bans for hostility.
I did and decided not to go with the herd and to not compromise my integrity.

Juvenile.

I do realize you (US era) are used to a different picture of police force that many of us from European countries are.

Remarkably, the same people from the US who keep shouting "ACAB" cheered that "Karen" getting tazed by a cop a week ago. And people outside the US were just a disgusted by that display of bloodlust and cheering on violence. The US is fucked up.

Last edited:

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
It's been really frustrating to see non-black celebrities RT viral videos of peaceful protests w/ cops in Newark as if it should be the standard for either the civilians or the police, or both on some unity shit. Treat this as PR by the cops until it's proven that this isn't lip service with tangible change in the future, and then they'll earn less critique from me at that point.

And cynically, my gut suspects that keeping things from getting messy and pacifying protestors is probably the most budget-friendly approach for cops, so you can't know if cops collectively are crossing lines because they are down with the cause frfr and will reform or because the cops know it's logistically beneficial in the short-term to take a knee this week if their blue brothers with less bloodthirsty impulse control haven't already made things messy in the city they work in.

FloofyMoofys

Aug 19, 2019

Juvenile.

I do realize you (US era) are used to a different picture of police force that many of us from European countries are.

Remarkably, the same people from the US who keep shouting "ACAB" cheered that "Karen" getting tazed by a cop a week ago. And people outside the US were just a disgusted by that display of bloodlust and cheering on violence. The US is fucked up.
So you're not from the US and you're going to tell others that they, the people who interact with the police on a daily basis, are wrong.
What are your brain worm's names 😋💞?

1invisibleB

Feb 27, 2020
UK

Yea cops are not as bad in the UK.

Oh wait.

Plz don't talk for all of the EU, because you don't know what the fuck you on about.

As a brown man from UK I have had some of the most awful experiences in my life around cops.

Your integrity is looks great btw smh.

Edit here is another one for you.

Last edited:

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017

Juvenile.

You are literally fucking clueless. Please shut the hell up when it comes to US police relations

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Juvenile.

Yeah, ACAB probably doesn't apply to a country where there aren't any minorities to persecute.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017

Juvenile.

I swear this is like the third time since moderation announced being European wasn't an excuse for being an imbecile as it relates to race relations in the US would no longer be allowed that I've called it out.

You don't honestly think people that say ACAB literally mean all cops do you? It's clear it's referring to American police. Cops that actually do the right thing are often expelled from the gang. I've seen a video of a Chinese cop shoot a limb (something people that claim to know American law enforcement say is impossible and they can only hit center of mass) and Australian and UK cops show restraint in life or death situations that would not have been extended to a black person in America. A coward pig in Florida shot a black man that literally laid on the ground unarmed to protect the autistic person in his care from them. There's a long history of police violence against the black community which is why protests have erupted all over our country. It's enough and people are fed up.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So you're not from the US and you're going to tell others that they, the people who interact with the police on a daily basis, are wrong.
What are your brain worm's names 😋💞?
Other countries outside the US have police, too, you know.

Just because you can't see outside your bubble doesn't mean others can't.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Juvenile.

Don't bring up this European nonsense here. Plenty of racism here in Europe, and don't want you being dismissive of what us minorities go through in Europe also.
9781408870587.jpg

is about the black British experience, and plenty more racism in European countries so miss me with that.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't honestly think people that say ACAB literally mean all cops do you?
Yes, I do. Because people kept literally reinforcing and stressing that assertion.

While US policing has severe problems as I stressed before, "ACAB" doesn't even apply to the US. That's some polarized tribal shit.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
This is weird. Like by walking with the protesters, they're basically protesting against... themselves? These are the people in a position to do something about all this shit. Maybe do something before people get fucking murdered to show "solidarity".

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't bring up this European nonsense here. Plenty of racism here in Europe, and don't want you being dismissive of what us minorities go through in Europe also.
9781408870587.jpg

is about the black British experience, and plenty more racism in European countries so miss me with that.
I never claimed policing outside the US is perfect. In many countries - including mine - it is not as fucked up, however.

Edit: after witnessing the recent months on Era, the Biden/Reade threads and so on, this piling on was wholly expected from some of you.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Police chiefs can do this all they want, I'd rather see meaningful change instead of empty displays of solidarity. They don't necessarily have all the power in these situations (just look at the chief of police in Minneapolis as an example) so if we start seeing full union leadership doing these types of actions then perhaps I'll withdraw my cynicism.

I think the idea that members of the force are opening their eyes to the systematic racism that exists and are "crossing the line" so to speak actually speaks volumes. This is not to say that this alone is going to solve the problem but it's a needed step in the right direction.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If you really want to show solidarity turn in your badge and gun.

if there really are as many "good cops" as some people would lead you to believe, that would make a hell of an impact, no?

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I do. Because people kept literally reinforcing and stressing that assertion.

While US policing has severe problems as I stressed before, "ACAB" doesn't even apply to the US. That's some polarized tribal shit.
Way to back it up, buddy. You knew full well this was a thread about policing in the US and your original statements were clearly a comparison to police in Europe. Why the hell would anyone dealing with literal dumpster fires and curfews as a result of protests of AMERICAN police brutality give two shits about European cops in this thread? Your comments only served to derail and it seems you got your wish.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Way to back it up, buddy. You knew full well this was a thread about policing in the US and your original statements were clearly a comparison to police in Europe. Why the hell would anyone dealing with literal dumpster fires and curfews as a result of protests if AMERICAN police brutality give two shits about European cops in this thread? Your comments only served to derail and it seems you got your wish.
Well, they didn't scream "AUSCAB". And even if they did, it'd be wrong.

Stressing this again: policing in the US desperately needs reform but screaming "ACAB" is just dumb.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Umm...there was literally zero risk to them making these "gestures". No one is going to attack a weapon-less cop in the middle of a civil protest. All they had to do was play along.

For the cops kneeling, I want you to ask yourselves what that gesture represents. For athletes, kneeling during the anthem meant that "your idea of America is the wrong one, let's change for the better". When comparing that to what these officers are doing, I translate the gesture as "no, your version of America is wrong!"

Each is an empty gesture.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice feel good story, but you're out your damn mind if you think can march and organize with cops.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
But you think you're helping with that juvenile "ACAB" screaming?

Alter. Leute, die eine andere Hautfarbe haben als die weiße werden von den Bullen in Amerika umgebracht, andere Bullen schützen diese, die Mörder kriegen bezahlten Urlaub und sind 2 Monate später wieder im Department. Polizisten, die sich dagegen auflehnen werden gefeuert. Das ganze System ist beschissen und wenn du dir einfach mal die Zeit nimmst zu lesen, warum ACAB geschrien/geschrieben wird, wüsstet du genau, warum....

Edit: Oh. Already banned.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Better than beating us as we protest. But I don't need your "solidarity" I need you to do your fucking jobs and stop killing us.

You'll never notice a cop just doing his job without killing anyone on the news though, so showing their solidarity can be appreciated. With caution, for sure, and it should not stop protestors from wanting more than solidarity but a major shake up of the police system instead.

Joining a march which demands justice is a sign of demand within the police, so even if nothing will change politically, at least these few higher up cops are outed as a 'other side' (for the lack of a better term right now) to their fellow officers who are on the opposing side (the racist/blue shield assholes). This at leasts lessens the effect of the one united police body which protects its officers more than citizens even if they do violent shit, because now there is a more outspoken other side.

Maybe that's naive, but this is the positive side I take out of it. Not more but also not less than a small chance for a weaker blue wall of silence.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
i'd be impressed if they were doing this while members of their respective police forces were firing rubber bullets at them.

Piss weak empty gesture from the pigs.