• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

It's been 4 hours, how will it end?

• He will get out peacefully

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • He will put up a fight

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Malibu finally gives up

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • The ride never ends...

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • I don't care, I just want to get home >:(

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
www.nbclosangeles.com

Traffic Stop Turns Into a Bizarre 6-Hour, Slow-Speed Freeway Chase

A bizarre police pursuit a suspected man with a gun Tuesday night moved erratically through South Los Angeles surface streets before beginning a slow-speed freeway chase that lasted several hours hours and traveled on several Southern California freeways.

Nothing too exciting has been going for more than an hour. Suspect is armed.

Updates:
-4 hours going to 5 since 7-8pm PST.
-Slow car chase at the 110, driving at an average of 5-10mph; driver stops and accelerates constantly (possibly trolling cops).
-Suspect involved in shooting prior to chase (possibly gang related).
-Driving a stolen Chevy Malibu. (most of the tires have been punctured and have given out)
-Started in LA, now currently in Pomona.
-Leaving behind a long traffic jam:
The traffic jam

trafficzojnw.png

EDIT:
Other sources
Youtube live:

Periscope:
www.pscp.tv

LiveStream.org @Encryptedkey

#Police Pursuit Los Angeles, Ca

Highlight:

EDIT 2:

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Anyone else see those guys mooning the camera running next to the highway right before the fire?

Figured the cameraman would catch that, but he apparently never realized it. Both of them just kept running with both cheeks out. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

OP
OP
BrickArts295

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017
losangeles.cbslocal.com

CBS News Los Angeles

Watch our local, live news stream free 24/7.

Better quality stream. This is a bizarre chase, it's so boring due to the driver driving at 10-30mph yet I'm so invested to see how it will end šŸ˜… Apparently is gang related and the car is stolen.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the best part of boring police chases is the news people just thinking of shit to say to minimize there being dead air.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm fairly certain he's just rocking out to a really good playlist.

edit: "Let's see if you bastards can do 90"

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
hey LA

do you guys know how to drive? It's a divided highway you don't have to stop on the other side lol

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Why don't they block him in when he slows down to single digits? They got a whole open highway to do it.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Why don't they block him in when he slows down to single digits? They got a whole open highway to do it.

apparently on the suspicion of being armed.........which I don't understand why they haven't laid a strip out.....easiest one to do too

edit: what kind of spike strip placement was that LOL

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, the intersection he just did a U on had the same exact same vehicle make and color at the red light too.

OP
OP
BrickArts295

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017
Dude finally takes an exit only to go back to the freeway. I can't lol

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit at this point I'm kind of rooting for the criminal. Underdog syndrome in full effect.

OP
OP
BrickArts295

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017
Kcal9 news is calling it due to the helicopter running out of gas šŸ˜­

Oct 28, 2017
That's who he was talking to on the phone. " Yo bro, I need you to start some shit and get these hawks off me....nah I got gas...ok, cool."

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
There any footage of the new chase? This one is more of a crawl at this point.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you need a really steady hand for that light?
The helicopter isn't going to be moving exactly with the car, so the light has to be constantly adjusted. Unless/until we get tech for a computer to lock the light on, someone is going to have to be manually moving it to keep it on the suspect.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
lol he stopped and then started going again as soon as PD opened their car doors.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The helicopter isn't going to be moving exactly with the car, so the light has to be constantly adjusted. Unless/until we get tech for a computer to lock the light on, someone is going to have to be manually moving it to keep it on the suspect.

I figured that + the distance, yeah. So super steady hands šŸ˜