• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
It's funny to me how often I see people cite some statistic to argue that cops murder white people "more". Like, yeah, okay? So shouldn't you be angry about violent police too?

Cops are the problem here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"You're about to get dropped"

My heart SANK when I heard her scream for her daughter, followed by her being beaten savagely on the head, her child (probably) wailing in the background.

What the fuck.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to me how often I see people cite some statistic to argue that cops murder white people "more". Like, yeah, okay? So shouldn't you be angry about violent police too?

Cops are the problem here.
Eh, they don't murder white people more per capita, that's just people who cannot understand or are willfully misinterpreting the available data. In terms of raw numbers more white people are murdered by police per year, but white people are like 65+% of the US population, black people are only 12% of the population, the number of black people murdered is vastly disproportionate to the population size. I'm sure you know all this I'm just laying it out.

Still, about 400 white people are murdered by police each year, which is in itself insane and a huge crisis.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Anyone remember Christopher Harris?

He eventually died from this, 6 years later, being in a coma/vegetative state the whole time.

Best I can tell, that cop still works for his department in Seattle now.

Woulda been nice to know this video was going to immediately go into a scene of a person dying/being murdered. Not saying we shouldn't watch violence committed by cops, but a warning would be nice.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Racism isn't the cause of the blue line gang, it just determines how much of a hassle you got from them, whites get the lowest and blacks shot while innocent, but all civilians are the enemy.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't have the badge, what would of happened? Their asses would have been jumped and beaten. Maybe that's how cops should be trained. They should be treated the same way as everyone else without a badge gets treated

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
All cops have to go. White people need to get with the program. That it would take seeing this problem affecting them too to get action is horrifying and speaks to a greater societal problem that I don't know how you'd fix.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nobodies arguing it doesn't happen to white people. It does disproportionately happen to black people, hence why the movement for started as black lives matter, but black lives matter on this subject is about reducing police brutality and overreach of power against absolutely everyone, not just the black community.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How could this possibly be justified?
Well they also assaulted little children. With pepper spray, sooo...the police unions probably call the terrorist antifa and be done with it.

The police is trained to see the populace as the enemy. They have always done so all over the world. Add to that the attraction power and a uniform have on a racist, and you end up with state sanctioned lynch mobs.

They will also always protect each other and punish whistle blowers.That entire culture is corrupt to the bone.

Oct 3, 2019
When someone brings up examples of white people getting fucked up by cops, the first case that comes to mind is a 16, 17 year old white boy who was tazed unconscious and slammed face first into the pavement, giving him permanent brain damage. One of the most fucked up videos I've seen. Oh, and that kid was also the son of a former cop.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is why we protest... Fire those idiots immediately and charge them with assault

And no, it's not like white ppl are ever immune from police brutality and murder

Daniel Shaver

www.nytimes.com

From 2017: Video Shows Daniel Shaver Pleading for His Life Before Being Shot by Officer (Published 2017)

The video, released after an Arizona jury acquitted the officer of murder, renewed calls for reforms in law enforcement. Activists described the shooting as an execution.

Wow, what a horrible story...jesus.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Dammit. This is why there needs to be a full scale police reform.

And the police in this country wonders why they have a very bad reputation everywhere.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I mean yeah.

Some of the most egregious cases of police brutality I have seen in recent memory have had white victims.

Let's flashback to 2015, the story of Zachary Hammond. 19 years old pothead, had the unfortunate luck of being involved when someone got a phone number wrong and texted a police officer (!!!) instead to set up a sting.

They pull up, guns drawn while him and his girlfriend are eating ice cream. They freak out and try to drive away, and you can guess what happened. But according to the cops they feared for their lives as Zach tried to run them over. Let's go to the videotape.

(luckily the violence takes place off the screen)

www.theguardian.com

Dashcam footage shows police shooting of Zachary Hammond – video

Dashcam video has been released of the police shooting of 19-year-old Zachary Hammond in South Carolina earlier this year

According to witnesses they high fived each other while dealing with the body.

What was FUCKED up was the family blamed black lives matter (!!!) because they weren't out there protesting and accused them of racism. NPR did a quick little story on that issue.

www.npr.org

A White Teen Was Killed By A Cop And No One Took To The Streets. Is That A Problem?

Chenjerai Kumanyika writes from the small South Carolina town where Zachary Hammond was killed last month, and one question is on everyone's mind: "Where's the outrage?"

The sad thing is that in a clear case of police brutality as opposed to bringing down all the force they can muster on the people who killed their child...it's still black people's fault?

Oct 26, 2017
I never read YouTube comments. Those are literal keyboard warriors. If this was their sister or friend and it happened in front of them they would be furious as well. Easy to be a boot licker when it doesn't affect you...directly...yet.

edit: that and I assume a not so insignificant portion of the problematic ones are bots

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Cops are out of control and no it's not exclusive to just black people but it is so at a rate much higher than other races. Everyone of every race should be fucking appalled at what these cops do and get away with and should support the current Black Lives Matter protests.

People (not really aimed at most members of this forum) really need to stop looking at these protests as "only" being beneficial for black people because it's not. It's for the benefit of all.

Fighting for the rights of black people is fighting for human rights. Fighting for human rights is fighting for the rights of all races. It's really that simple.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
What I've wondered watching these videos, if it's clear the police is using unproportional violence against a person, and a bystander tries to (succesfully) stop the cop, what happens to that bystander? Will he be prosecuted?

P.S. I'm not from the US

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
What I've wondered watching these videos, if it's clear the police is using unproportional violence against a person, and a bystander tries to (succesfully) stop the cop, what happens to that bystander? Will he be prosecuted?

P.S. I'm not from the US
Yeah, and probably will get the shit kicked out of them too.

Oct 25, 2017
All sorts of demographics get their ass beat by the police.
It just disproportionately happens to black people.

Yep. Hundreds of white people are getting shot by police each and every year too. The effects of police brutality disproportionately affect black and hispanics, but under no metric should police conduct in general be considered reasonable. And instead of joining in what should be a common cause, right-wingers basically are fine with the unnecessary harm because it either doesn't affect them specifically, or because it affects POC more.

In a just world "All Lives Matter" would have been the general bipartisan call for police reform years ago, and not a dismissive reaction to black people demanding not to get shot at disproportionate rates.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

P.S. I'm not from the US

They would probably get charged with assaulting a police officer.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can tell he was picking his next young victim. Knew exactly what was going on. He thought he was going to get lucky. Ugh! I hate these fuckin cops so much.

I hate that the other cops don't stop him even more. Where are these good cops I hear so much about.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

P.S. I'm not from the US
Well, there is the story of Ramsey Orta, but in his case it was just filming the death of his friend, Eric Garner.

I'm sure that people that have tried to physically get involved, have ended up arrested and charged, probably with "Obstruction of Justice."

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

P.S. I'm not from the US

You're just going to get beat up by cops for "attacking a cop", and then get charged for assault + whatever it is that makes it worse because they are police officers on duty. You might also get charged with helping a suspect I guess.

Police officers don't think in situation like these. They are trained to consider you and everyone around them like dangerous criminals that could kill them at any time. They have weapons, and are protected by an extremely powerful union. They technically need some reasons to arrest you or make you comply, but if they don't have any they will just create some to get you in trouble.

If you interfere against anything the cops are doing, you sadly need to be prepared to get retaliated against. A lot more aggressively than whatever you did.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

P.S. I'm not from the US
You'd get an 'obstruction of justice' charge at the very least.

Oct 26, 2017

P.S. I'm not from the US

At a minimum you would get beat and charged with assaulting a police officer, a felony, possibly go to prison and lose your job, and then be targeted by police for potentially the rest of your life. And if you are unlucky they would shoot and kill you in "self defense".

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

P.S. I'm not from the US
Watch this

Bottom video. Guy just filming and look what they do.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017

I saw this video years ago when it happened and it still haunts me to this day. There was never any scenario where he wasn't going to be murdered. In fact, the instructions he gave him were to validate said murder.

This cracker ass inbread pos should be rotting in jail or on death row. But nope...now he has the opportunity to kill again and again.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
They would probably get charged with assaulting a police officer.
I've been charged with assaulting an officer(s).

They actually beat me up and kicked the shit out of me. I never laid a hand on 'em. I had posted about the encounter in another thread. See if I can find it.

I was able to get the charge down to something like breaking the fingerprint machine in the precinct. (Destruction of state property or some bullshit that never happened.)

Edit* Found it:
Ran from one cop once, next thing I knew 3 cops cars pull up outta nowhere, 2 cops in each, 6 cops tackle me down, all surround me like a pack of animals, kick the shit outta me yelling at me 'where's the drugs, where's the weapon, stop resisting!'

I was able to somehow humorously yell back at them while surrounded and in fetal position, 'fuck are you talking about? And I'm not resisting, I'm 130 pounds, you fucks.'

Ran 'cause I was scared and had a warrant for unpaid ticket.

Fuck the cops.

They didn't break anything but I had a pretty bad black eye and was sore everywhere for weeks.

Can't imagine if I wasn't white. They did call me Amish like 5 times tho. Whatever the fuck that means.

RIP Antonio Valenzuela. You deserved better.

Edit* oh and they charged ME with assault. Fucking hilarious.

This was in Jersey as well.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
I saw this video years ago when it happened and it still haunts me to this day. There was never any scenario where he wasn't going to be murdered. In fact, the instructions he gave him were to validate said murder.

This cracker ass inbread pos should be rotting in jail or on death row. But nope...now he has the opportunity to kill again and again.
It's a shame that a lawyer was able to defend this case and let him walk

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
This is why we protest... Fire those idiots immediately and charge them with assault

And no, it's not like white ppl are ever immune from police brutality and murder

Daniel Shaver

www.nytimes.com

From 2017: Video Shows Daniel Shaver Pleading for His Life Before Being Shot by Officer (Published 2017)

The video, released after an Arizona jury acquitted the officer of murder, renewed calls for reforms in law enforcement. Activists described the shooting as an execution.

I remember when thusnhappened

truly sickening

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Given what happens to women in police custody I'd have walked away too, especially when the breathalyzer comes back negative and especsially when you know you've done nothing wrong. ACAB. I'd seriously rather have no police than these thugs walking around.